“Great!”

Ranked #72 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Larnaka City, Cyprus
“Great!”
Reviewed 10 January 2009

We stayed here as part of our honeymoon. We stayed at the luxor before and decided this time we would stay down the other end of the strip. It was a better position for us and the hotel was great. The Social House Restaurant was brilliant- I'd never tried that type of food before and am a veggie so i was wondering what sort of concuction they'd come up with- waw was so nice, they even talked me through what all the different types of food was! The mexican restaurant was also so yummy. The hotel room was great, we stayed in a room on the 2nd-to top floor overlooking the strip. It was nice. and the bed was comfy. (It wasn't worth paying the extra for the strip view, because we were so high up all you could see was lights and because of the double glazing, you could't see that clear out anyway). However, once we left Las Vegas to continue our h.moon in Hawaii, our flight was cancelled and we had to return to the hotel for another night. Doh!
We decided to treat ourselves as a way of cheering ourselves up and booked a night in the room with a spa tub. WAW!! It wasn't too much more and all I can say is WAW! The bed was supremely more comfortable, and two bathrooms, one with a spa-it was amazing- I think it was the fact that the bed was great and there was so much more room-luxury for that bit of extra money. Well worth it. Will I stay at T.I again? I would definatly reccommend it, but there are so many other hotels to go and try, maybe one day.

• Liked — The location, the comy bed, the great staff!
  • Disliked — The minute pool
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LuSadler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,805)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia
Reviewed 10 January 2009

Myself and 2 other friends shared a room at treasure island and before I left I read the reviews on this site. I saw that many people wrote that hotel staff at check-in weren't that nice, but to my surprise I had no problems! Our room had a great view of the strip ( we stayed on the 22nd floor). We are pretty easy going people so we really had no problems. Really great rooms with flat screen tvs, really nice bed sheets, and a rather large bathroom. I was truly impressed. We never got to actually see up close the Sirens Cove show that plays every night in front of the hotel instead we would watch it from out great view from our room. It was a little loud, but the show plays at 5:30, 7:30 and 10 so it really doesn't matter, no one is sleeping then! It's Las Vegas! My friends and I would get ready to hit the strip so it was nice seeing the fire works! As far as the casino goes, I won $500 on a 25 cent slot machine and I only put in 3 dollars! Most nights my friends and I ate at other restaurants in the other casino's, but during the day we ate lunch and breakfast at canter's deli or the coffee shop-each with really good prices and generously portioned. The house keeping came every day with new towels and would give us extra if we asked! We also needed more hangers and the hotel sent someone up right away with more and no charge! One more reason to stay at TI is the location, it's so close to everything ! The only bad thing I can say is that the final two days we were there our sink started to smell. We called the front desk and a man came up and put some sort of cleaner down the drain and said it was the pipes. It still continued to smell after that like rotten eggs, but since we were leaving we didn't really make it a big deal. Overall besides the smelly sink, Treasure Island is a really great hotel!

• Liked — Great price, great room, you get what you pay for!
  • Disliked — Smelly sinks and pipes!
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank katg9
Sydney
Reviewed 9 January 2009

Arriving at 6pm we were told no room was available and to come back in an hour. Luckily we had a car so went for a drive. Back at 7.30pm we were told that there was 1 smoking room available. We had requested non-smoking as both of us don't smoke and I have asthma. After a long drive from Phoenix this was unacceptable, and the front desk staff and management were not helpful. Only when I asked them to find us a room at another one of their hotels, did they offer us a room -- bigger but no view.
We may have just been staying at any hotel anywhere in the US. Impersonable, and lack of care for their guests. We ended up spending our time in other casinos, and using Treasure Island as a place to store our luggage.

• Liked — Check out
  • Disliked — Check in
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
Durham, Connecticut
Reviewed 9 January 2009

Just got back from a week in Vegas. I had read Trip Reports that said the beds at TI were fantastic, and I have to say, they were right! The bed was so comfy, and the down comforter made you want to spend the entire time in bed :) TI is a good location on the strip, reasonably priced, and very comfy slepping accomodations.

• Liked — great beds
  • Disliked — smoke everywhere, even in the hallway of our guest room (non-smoking floor)
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank sgcn
autumnsonata
Reviewed 8 January 2009

This hotel has serious issues which will prevent me from booking another stay there. There is a restaurant that is open to the casino, and between the two is the main walkway that one must pass through to get to the elevators or the front desk. Because of the aromas from the restaurant, it always smells like dinner time at the nursing home, mingled with cigarette smoke. The casino has a very poor system for handling/removing smoke. This hotel is very dirty. I noticed a spill on the table outside the elevators on our floor that remained exactly where it was for the entire six days. In addition, one of the men who manages the taxi-cab traffic was intolerably rude to us on two separate occasions, which happened to be the only times we saw him while he was on duty. Only good things I can say is that the beds are comfortable and the rooms are reasonably quiet; also, it's close to a big mall, if you like to shop. Don't eat there. The Mexican restaurant in particular is barely edible

• Liked — Beds are comfortable
  • Disliked — It stinks and it's dirty
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank autumnsonata
London, England
Reviewed 7 January 2009

We have been to Vegas over ten times now - our trip over New Years 2008/09 was our second trip this year. We have stayed at a large number of the hotels on the Strip over the last decade, including Wynn, Mandalay Bay, THE hotel, Four Seasons, MGM Signature and the Venetian. We stayed at TI as it is the right end of the Strip for us, and we were looking for some value luxury on this occasion. Never has the old adage 'you get what you pay for' been more true. We got a great deal at TI for five nights, and as all the rooms have recently ben updated, we thought we would give it a go, as opposed to staying at the Wynn or the Venetian. Sadly, the experience of the room did not completely live up to the expectation given on the website. In our room, the bathroom had not been thoroughly cleaned, and the top sheet of the comforter (of the bed- which is very comfortable indeed) was not ironed. Now this sounds a small deal, but the bed is large (King size), is the focal point of the room, and takes up a great deal of space. The net effect of this is that the poor presentation of the bed/linens gave the whole room an unkempt feeling. As we were there for five nights, I did hope that this was an oversight, and the maid service would replace it with an ironed top sheet, but to no avail. The inside of the shower curtain had come into contact with something hot at some stage so was shrivelled in one area - just another tiny thing that niggled and impacted on the feeling of supposed 'luxury'. The maid service was sporadic - one day all of the glasses were taken away (I rang down and had these replaced), and the number of towels we were left changed on a daily basis. I also had to ring maintenance to have them fix the shower, which wasn't working properly. This was fixed quickly, though.

The room was non smoking, but the corridors smelt smoky (which I don't understand as it was a non smoking floor and the casino was 17 floors below). Unlike other people who have posted their comments here, I found the check-in and check-out staff to be fine - quite chatty actually if you engaged with them - but we didn't partake of any of the other facilities such as room service (except on NYE when we tried to have some drinks delivered at 5.30pm when we were quoted a 90 minute wait! It was New Years Eve, though, so we'll let that go due to the occasion).

In a nutshell, if you are looking for a hotel that will give you a solid four star experience and good value - go for TI. (Although MGM Signature offers much better value at this price point). However if the details are important to you and you like a little bit of proper luxury and attention, I'd suggest staying somewhere else like the Venetian, Palazzo, or the Wynn. We are back in May 2009, and have already priced up the Wynn Encore for that stay. We wouldn't stay at TI again.

I've always found reading the postings on Tripadvisor really helpful - so I hope that you find this one useful.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The upkeep of the room and sporadic quality of the maid service
  • Stayed December 2008
8 Thank Davidax
Lombard, IL
Reviewed 7 January 2009

I was somewhat apprehensive about my stay at Treasure Island after reading several critical reviews regarding customer service and housekeeping.

My only bad experience with regards to customer service was at check-in where we were greeted by a long line and only two front desk personnel working. Not quite wat I expected on a Friday evening since you would imagine that they would be expecting large groups of people checking in on a Friday evening in Las Vegas.

One of the people in line approached the manager on duty about why they were not better prepared to handle the number of people checking in and the manager responded by telling the gentleman to "please stop threatening me." Hmmm... Seemed like a reasonable question.

As for housekeeping, we always had extra towels and shampoo/conditioner/lotion. Not sure if we just got lucky with our housekeeper or if it was the $5 tip I left each day.

The coffee shop was one of my favorite restaurants on the property. The had one of the best burgers that I've ever had! Service was fast and we hardly ever had a long wait to be seated.

Pho, the in-house Vietnamese restaurant was just mediocre. Most hotels offer some sort of Asian cuisine to appeal to the many Asian visitors. In comparison, Pho is not up to par with these other restaurants.

Canter's Deli was a pleasant surprise. If you're looking for a quick meal, plan a stop at Canter's Deli. Their chicken noodle soup and motza ball soup were exceptional. I recommend the pastrami sandwich (more fat than the corned beef but yummy!).

I come from a city that has banned smoking from casinos so getting used to the casino in TI was a challenge. Don't know why, but some days just seemed real smokey and made it difficult to breath. Not sure if there was a problem with the hotel's ventilation system.

It was really convenient to have a walkway from the hotel directly to the Fashion Mall across the street.

Overall, our stay was a pleasant one and was a great deal for the money!

• Liked — Room Service
  • Disliked — Front desk service
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank nismoguy2003