“Great value - I wish they would just build the resort fee into the nightly cost”

Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino
Ranked #71 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 26 August 2010

TI is in one of the best locations on the strip. We rented a car, but could have easily walked to our favorite spots. When we did need use of our car - the parking attendants were fast. If you forget something there is a Walgreens or the Fashion Mall very close by. The casino smelled fresh, and room didn't have that funky smell when you walk in like most hotels. Our room was clean and tastefully decorated; the bed could have been more comfortable. The bathroom was great, with a nice selection of shampoo and soap. The shower had a small shower head, which took some time to rinse out my hair. Gym was very nice, just a little hard to find. The pool is small, but will get the job done if you need to cool off. We did not eat at buffet. We ate breakfast twice at Kahunaville - and it was a very good value if you want to watch your portions at breakfast. Go to Kahunaville for a late night snack and cocktail - very, very fun. We ate at the Isla - I would just go there for margaritas and chips and salsa. Dinner was just okay - but the margaritas were the best I ever had. I don't agree with the business decision to slip in a "resort fee". That puts the employees at the front desk in a bad position to collect the additional $22 per night, when their guests think they have paid in full. Front desk clerks are left to explain and defend the fee that should be incorporated into the overall nightly cost. We thought we were paying $63 per night - when it was all said and done with tax it was more like $90 per night. I would say the hotel is worth the $90, but I would prefer to have a clear understanding of what I am paying for, and I get annoyed when establishments try to squeeze in charges like that. Yes, I would reccomend, but I would warn people of that resort fee.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2_cruises_per_year

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,847)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Minnesota
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Traveled to Vegas March 2009 to get married !!! Stayed at TI for 5 days in a petite suite and loved every minute of our stay. They room was clean, quiet and enormous. Even had 2 large bathrooms, so when we got dressed for the wedding the guys and girls could separate.

Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1kggirl
Vancouver B.C.
Reviewed 25 August 2010

went to las vegas for my friends wedding. we all stayed at Ti got there around 8pm on friday had no line up at the check in.got to our room had a great view all the way up the strip to paris. the rooms were clean and modern. the beds were comfortable. my only complaint is getting woke up every morning by the house keeping staff in the hallways. they are loud with there crashing carts. i will still stay here again though.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank robsmustang
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Excellent hotel, gorgeous rooms, incredible views! Casino is really nice and the staff is really friendly. They also had an awesome all u can eat breakfast downstairs, along Kahunaville, and exc ellent resteraunt with the BIG KAHUNA BURGER, you have to try it best burger ever!

Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 25 August 2010

I have stayed at TI once before (Jan 2010) for a bachelorette party and we just had a standard room. It was very nice and large and the beds are amazingly comfy! It also has a great location with easy access to the strip! Plus I love the fact that their valet parking is free!

This time however my husband and I went for one night to see a friend who lives in Vegas. We got a suite because the prices were very good for that night. The room was very large and it has a giant jacuzzi tub. I am a 6' female and so most tubs are too short but this one is very long and I was able to relax comfortably.

My only complaint about the trip would be that when we arrived there were dirty towels in one of the two bathrooms on the floor. I put it off for a a few minutes to relax after a long drive and went to lay down in the bed to find that the sheets were dirty as well. We called housekeeping and they came within 5 minutes of the call to clean the room and and change all the linens. so it was taken care of but it made me a little wary.

The rest of out trip was very nice though. We had lunch in the Pho restaurant there and it was great! I like most Pho place but this was honestly the best I have ever had! We also ate at the cafe which we ate at as well in Jan when I was there, and that is always good. good choice of foods and always tastes great!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Landgraaf, The Netherlands
Reviewed 24 August 2010

we stayed in the Luxor hotel 2 years ago and now decided to stay in TI, because of the location. We didn't regret this. The rooms are similar and the service also. I think all hotels on the strip are great but the location is definately way better! Being located in the middel of LV boulevard was sooo convenient! Everything was easier to reach and we only took the Deuce to Freemont street and Stratosphere. The swimming pool was indeed small but we only swam once and at that time it was not very busy. The free show is great and we even could take pictures with the cast and the kids of course loved that. We booked a room with strip view which was also great.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sanrou
toronto
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Stayed Aug 16-20

arrived before check-in time rooms not ready -which we expected
- no line--checked luggage had lunch and gambled.
Had to check several time if room was ready. 1 room was ready around 5 the connector about an hour later. long lines later in the day-used Guest service to check on room readiness to avoid lines.

room is ok! burnt out lights in washroom, carpet old. bed great! bathrooms great!
view was overlooking a roof with fireworks-I guess that is why we got a deal. not a big issue for us.
lots of canon and fireworks noise every 90 minutes from 5:30 till 11:30 at night.

Steakhouse-great food expensive
Canters=great food cheap
Buffet-is small compared to others but we found it had the best food and service-great donuts!
TI, Wynn, Bellagio, Venetian and Mirage in order of favorite buffets.

casino was great for us...drink service great...the only thing is stop the smoking!
It ruins the whole experience. We have no smoking in our casino and people still come.

Maid service was quick and done daily. weird thing they never emptied the ice bucket all week. Had to ask for new bags and still never emptied.

shows
Le Reve-ok
Terry Fator-great!

Per other reviews never saw security at the elevators once our whole 5 days.

We would stay again. It was a smaller hotel and easy to navigate. Save the legs and feet.

Fashion Show mall
easy access from hotel
expensive

Lots of fun

would go back in a flash!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple