“Great value next to the Strip!”

Siegel Suites Select Convention Center
Ranked #198 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Only half a block from the Vegas Strip, the location is great and so was the price (we paid around $60). In addition the hotel has free parking, free continental breakfast, free internet and a pool. So, it's nice if you have kids. As others have stated the hotel doesn't look like much from the outside but the rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable, and attractive. Also, in this hotel you don't have to walk through a smoke-filled lobby as there's no gambling machines here. We had to switch rooms because the air conditioner wasn't quite cooling our second story room (it was a really hot day). The manager told us that the second story rooms were about 10 degrees warmer than the ones in the first story--good thing to keep in mind during the Vegas summer. We found out that not all rooms have a fridge and a microwave, so if that's important to you make sure you ask when you check in. One of the buses that runs the Strip stops almost in front of the hotel. You can buy a 24 hour bus pass for $8 right on the bus. Lastly, the staff were very friendly and accommodating. If you're hungry, make sure to check out Roberto's taco shop just half a block away on the strip. Beware that the place gets really crowded on weekends as the tacos are first rate! Overall, the Rodeway Inn is a great deal if you want to stay close to the Strip and avoid paying all the extra fees the big hotels charge.

Room Tip: Choose the bottom floor if it's a hot day. Also, make sure to ask for a room with a fridge and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Alexis A

Reviewed 8 July 2013

From the outside, upon approaching the motel, I almost wondered what I was getting myself into. But as the old saying goes, don't judge a book by its cover, and the same also applies to this motel.

The building looks almost like it belongs behind barbed wire, with guard towers, searchlights, and all of the other features of a small prison. But inside, the rooms are large, very clean, nicely furnished, and surprisingly comfortable. My room had two large beds, ample work space, plenty of room, and a small fridge and microwave. The bathroom was spotless and fitted with granite counter tops and a combination tub/shower. Like the bedroom, the bathroom was spotlessly clean.

While guestrooms open to a quasi exterior hallway, access to the hallway from the parking lot is via doorways with card key access.

Parking can be a bit tight. Diagonal parking is offered around the perimeter of the buildings, but it can be somewhat difficult to find a convenient space when the property is heavily booked.

Check-in was handled efficiently by a very pleasant, helpful person. I was asked for a copy of my photo ID, but when the front desk person told me he needed to make a copy of it, I politely advised him that I do not allow copies to be made of this personal identification. With identity theft becoming increasingly common, I believe that allowing copies to be made is a tremendous and unnecessary invasion into personal privacy, and itopens the door to the potential of misuse of the copy. That is why I decline such requests. After explaining the situation to the person checking me in, he understood my position, marked my file, and did not make a copy. I was pleasantly surprised by that.

Check-out was also handled pleasantly and efficiently.

The motel is conveniently located just off the Strip, near the north end of the Strip, on Convention Center Drive. The Strip itself is within walking distance, and there is a 24-hour Denny's restaurant just a block or two away. Drive time to/from the airport under normal conditions is approximately 10-15 minutes.

Overall, this was a surprisingly clean and comfortable place to stay and could make a good choice for travelers on a budget or who wish to avoid the glitter of the Strip's more lavish hotels. My rating reflects how I believe this property rates in comparison to similar establishments. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank step12dude
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I don't want to spend 30 or 45 minutes or even more waiting in line to check-in at the budget casino options along the Strip, so I decided to give this property a try. From the outside it appears slightly scary, I joked it resembles a prison. But looks can be deceiving ...

Check-in was super fast and was assigned a top-floor room. The room was very clean, spacious. The furniture was dated and somewhat used, but I've stayed at much worse places at much higher rates.

They offer coffee in the lobby, which was always fresh, hot and (for Americans) even strong-liked it. The hotel is located a 5-minute drive from the casinos of the upper Strip. You could even take a walk, but it was 110 degress when I visited, so I drove to their parking garages. It is really convenient as you can access the casinos from the back and don't have to drive on or across the Strip at all.

The hotel provides a "continental breakfast", which is really just coffee, cereals and toast. It's nice that they do provide it, but expanding it with a few more items wouldn't cost much. Even if there is no space in the tiny breakfast room they could provide trays and people would eat in rooms.

So, if you are looking for a cheap place, which is clean and conveniently located and don't want to deal with the hustle & bustle of the large casinos, this is it! I think 40$ a night for a weekend stay was a fair deal.

Room Tip: A room facing East will be cooler when its 100+ degrees outside.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Slo-Lju
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Booked this hotel for our family of 4 for a 4 night stay in Vegas .The hotel when you first arrive does not look great but don't let this put you off ! Once we got our room on the ground floor we found it immaculate and it had a safe as well as fridge and microwave .The hotels staff are all so friendly and could not do enough for you .Has a great pool and the location is perfect just across the road from Circus Circus , all in all a great location and great hotel , could not fault it .......

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I selected this hotel for my last night in Las Vegas based on reviews on this and other websites and the price (being budget conscious). As I arrived I was a little peeved by the looks on the outside - worn, even the sign was crooked. I checked in with no issue and was sent to my room. Opening the outside door and climbing up the stairs to the second level made me question my choice - pretty run down. Opening the door to my room however provided a pleasant surprise. The room was very spacious and looked recently redone. The same with the bathroom. Both were clean and spotless. The room was very quite without noise from neighbouring rooms. So, outside looks can be deceiving. The alarm clock provided in the room didn't work, but I had my own small one anyway having been out camping. The hotel also provided a free continental breakfast - which in my opinion lacked majorly. You had a choice between various cereals, granted. But if you didn't fancy cereal you had a choice between raisin bagels or raisin bread with ONLY butter. No jams or preserves, no cream cheese or other was provided. So, I had buttered bagels. Not what I'd call a continental breakfast. Although there was a pool, nobody seemed to be using it. On the plus side, the hotel has a computer hooked up to the internet and a printer available for guests to use. There is a reasonable time and page printing limit. Since I had not taking my laptop on the trip, I was glad that I could check in for my flight that evening from the hotel before rushing out into the desert for one more day.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kirsten M
Reviewed 3 May 2013

They have a large pool - with a lock entry, very large quiet rooms, fridge and the room doors are inside a locked access hall, that keeps non-guest away.
This is our hotel of choice when in Vegas, the staff is friendly and they have a free continental breakfast.
within a few blocks of Circus Circus and Encore, behind 7-11 and Denneys.

No frills, just clean, quiet rooms.

Room Tip: couples should ask for a non-smoking KING room. Lots of room to dance with your loved one.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I was in Vegas for a convention so the Rodeway Inn was very convenient -- just a 5-10 minute walk away. It's clean and the front desk staff was accommodating, but not everything works as it should. I was sent to a room that hadn't been cleaned yet. The plug in the bathtub didn't work so I couldn't take a bath. (This was especially disappointing because there is no jacuzzi.) The WiFi only worked sporadically. I liked the continental breakfast because I like coffee and bagels, but I think the breakfast room attendant must get paid by the number of people who turn in their tickets because she was very insistent with the guests who forgot. It was adequate and OK if you're on a tight budget.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business