“Decent place”

Ranked #86 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
New York
“Decent place”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We booked this through a timeshare program. Would probably rate as a 3.5 if TA allowed half-stars. It is a decent place to lay your head for a week - positives and negatives detailed below.

Room itself: The room was a good layout - we had a 1 bedroom with a kitchen. The kitchen was nice, everything you'd need to make breakfast and lunch, and a great way to save a few bucks from the pricey Vegas strip. Bed was fine, only complaint was the air conditioner unit in our room was super loud. Unit also had balcony which was a nice bonus.

Location: It's 3 miles or so from the strip, which in our opinion has its good and bad points. Good: this place is quieter than the strip, larger rooms than you can find on strip. Bad: far from strip. We had a rental car for the time we were there so it made it much easier, I don't think you'd want to take this option unless you have a rental car. Although, the resort does offer a free shuttle service to the strip (runs each hour). We did not utilize since we had a rental car but I saw many others taking advantage.

Pool: The pool is mediocre - the resort is pretty old and tired. It shows years or wear and tear especially in the pool area. Pool overall is fine for the kids, but the lounge chairs are ridiculously old and dirty. Not a great selling point.

They offer a "free breakfast" which is really just bagels, english muffins and fruit. But hey, something is better than nothing. We utilized one day but otherwise just ate in our room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Tropicana Avenue, we did and it was quieter where we were.
6 Thank TravelingGuyNewYork
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for staying at Club De Soleil and sharing your positive experience. We are pleased that you were mostly satisfied with your stay, and apologize for any air conditioning inconvenience. We appreciate you recommendation and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Medford, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2014

O.k. stayed with Club 2 July 14 until the 21st. I just want to say that this was by far the lowest end time share swap we ever made. Now i am by no means a snooty person who and will complain because the staff did not carry me up to my room but when you have stayed in some of the resorts in Mexico , CostaRica , Aruba & Florida this was surely a step in the Comfort Inn's direction.

THE GOOD
The actual resort is very nice , clean , decent rooms , pretty much a good setup. The beds & linens were clean and comfortable. Kitchen setup was good. Living area comfortably spaced. A.C was fabulous. Staff was polite but not always so knowledgeable.

THE BAD
On our first night the power went out. Asked the staff and they had no clue. Thank god we were boarding the shuttle to the strip where there was air conditioning. Second day cable was out. Again asked the staff and they had no idea. Third day the pool was out of closed off because it was not working ( answered my day one question of why the pool was milky white instead of clear). On the same day hit the workout room... Exactly just a room with a treadmill and a universal machine.

If you do not have a car getting anywhere is a walk. And walking in 110 degrees is still a bit difficult for me. And the shuttle would not let you out unless it was a designated stop. Most of the shuttle drivers were cool except for one a middle aged short dark woman who even if she witnessed you checking in would still rudely ask for your key to get on the shuttle.

I was on the first floor. Never take the first floor. Your balcony is literally 3 feet from the pool. So any private quiet balcony time is out. When you open the door your face to face with those early bird pool hawks with then damn towels that say this seat is reserved. Also i hope you do not have any heavy foot people up and above because it is literally as if they are in your head.

THE UGLY
The trailer park across the street ( such a contrast resort / trailer park). The nearest store is a small convenience store about 2 blocks away. In that store you will find a attendant behind bullet proof glass, 6 down and out locals playing the slats , 6 homeless guys out front and if your lucky you might run across that help full guy that can " Get you whatever you need". Not a place i would send my child alone for an ice cream or for that matter i felt very uncomfortable on my only 1:00 a.m. trek to the store.

Lets not forget the continental breakfast. Oh i am sorry forgot about it already. Not really much to remember. Its all the way on the 3rd floor. And my selection was hard English muffins & Bagels. Some oranges that needed another week on the branch and some coffee. Sorry they should do away with this entire program. Comfort Inn's Breakfast blows this Resort breakfast out of the water.

P.S. watch those green steel security doors. They put on these spring door closer's that were never adjusted right and almost broke my fingers. ( lawsuit waiting to happen ). Cant miss them the ones that slam behind anyone at all hours of the night.

The Confused.

No WiFi in the rooms? Shuttles end at 11:00 pm? Continental breakfast? Work out room?

Now here is where i am really stuck. On day 4 the staff came out at lunchtime with burgers and dogs to grill on the (2) grills they have. They also had Lemonade. They were grilling and serving the guest's. As i dressed to get some free grub and exited my room they were gone. They never announced anything about this special cookout that they were having. When i asked the front desk they told me sorry but we only do it for an hour. I cant even get a free dog at this joint.

Room Tip: Go to Tahiti Village. Stood there 4 years ago and that is a great place. Just an average place dress...
3 Thank TonyGuardian
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for your visit. We appreciate your feedback and are certainly disappointed the negatives outweighed the positives. It consoles us to know your guest unit was clean, comfortable and functional, and that our staff met your expectations for courteous customer service. We will certainly take your valid concerns under advisement and correct the issues that fall under our direct control. Thank you once again for staying with us. We hope you will give us another opportunity someday to make a more favorable impression.
toronto
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotel and facilities were fantastic! However something is to be said about one of the staff members. I left embarrassed in front of the guests I brought along with me because as a timeshare owner I would expect a little more respect. This front desk attendant turned my stay from a level 7 to a 1.5. At 3:00AM she called and threatened to De-activate our room keys unless I brought her my credit card. I assured her I would bring the card to the initial attendant I checked-in with as this is what I was told to do. The next morning we got a knock at the door at 6:00AM it was the attendant with a security guard demanding me to bring my card down. Right away she accused us of breaking into the room (which we didn't we used the room key to enter) because she said she De-activated the keys which were still working fine. I told her it's not a problem I could bring my credit card down since the attendant I was dealing with was starting his shift that morning. I was calm and cooperated fine. Even the security guard looked confused as to why she was doing this. The attendant over-reacted and caused a huge scene in front of my guests when it hadn't even been 24hrs since she asked me for my card. This was very embarrassing and unnecessary which I told her as she stood in my doorway. I feel she discriminated against me as I am in my 20's. I was treated like a criminal, was threatened, made to feel uncomfortable and hunted down at 6am. I am absolutely disgusted with this experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank vanessy
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
We regret to learn of your experience and apologize for the incident. We did not follow our established protocol and are truly sorry for the embarrassment you suffered. Our resort management will contact you shortly to discuss your concerns. Once again, we extend our sincere apologies and will be in touch soon.
Alexandria, MN
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We just got back from Vegas....enjoyed the "warm" weather and time by your pool. I was impressed with the comfortable beds and clean linens, however, there was no WiFi working. We also had a noisy fan on our A/C, which was fixed in a very prompt manner. Our room was an adjoining room (like in a hotel) and our "neighbor's" t.v. was very loud. I would ask to stay in a larger room next time, not an efficiancy unit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Club De Soleil. We are delighted you were impressed with our accommodations. We also appreciate your feedback, which will help to ensure a pleasant experience for all guests. We hope to have you back soon (at which point we also hope to have installed our in-room Wi-Fi!). Thanks again!
NV
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The view was so beautiful and lovely really love it. The room was quite clean and the sheet was clean and white really loved it. The hotel was cheap and affordable for me. Really loved it I hope I can come back again at Vegas. Love it

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Philhayman
We are thrilled you were impressed with your stay at Club De Soleil. We appreciate your compliments about our accommodations and amenities and hope you will consider another stay with us the next time you're in Las Vegas. Thanks again!
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This place needs new furniture, carpeting and accessories. The carpet was filthy, the furniture dated and worn, and the beds uncomfortable. The worse thing was no wi-fi in the rooms! Only in the lobby!
The kitchen was adequate and the bathrooms were satisfactory.
The air conditioning was okay especially since it was 111 when we were there!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Teach220
Thank you for your visit. We appreciate your feedback and are sorry you did not enjoy your stay to the fullest. We apologize for the condition of the carpet, which falls below our typical cleanliness standards. We also apologize for the Wi-Fi inconvenience. We are presently working out an agreement with a provider to install wireless in all guest units. Thank you once again for staying with us. We hope you will give us another opportunity to make a more favorable impression.
Forest Hill, Maryland
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Pretty much everything about Club de Soliel was fine except they do not have in-room WiFi,which in the course of a week you are likely to want/need. You have to walk over to one of their other buildings to get WiFi. If they address this, I could return.

The room was quiet, clean, spacious, and nicely decorated, with all kitchen amenities you would likely need. The entry door does not swing shut on you and your luggage, like some hotel doors annoyingly do. My 3rd floor room was quiet, even though it was the closest among the rooms to busy Tropicana Ave., and had a partial view of the strip They have plenty of covered parking for cars that were close to my room. The pool and mini-golf course looked well maintained, although I did not use them. The front desk told me they did not recycle,which the housekeeping should, requiring me to take my recyclables with me.

Room Tip: Third floor room was quiet, and gives you a little exercise if you don't want to walk down to th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Michael W
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for reviewing Club De Soleil. We are glad to hear that you found the condo-style accommodations convenient. We are pleased that our resort left a favorable overall impression, and are happy to tell you that in-room Wi-Fi is in the works. We appreciate the feedback you have provided, which will help to ensure a positive experience for all guests. Thank you once again!