“Excellent Choice”

Ranked #97 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
South Elgin, Illinois
“Excellent Choice”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

What a nice place. We weren't sure what to expect after reading some of the reviews. Everyone there was friendly. The maid esker us every say if there was anything that we needed, the security man asked us how we were enjoying our stay and the front desk was there to answer all our questions. The room was clean and we were able to cook and eat there if we wanted. They had a shuttle that ran to the strip every hour from 9AM till Midnight on the weekdays and till 130PM on the weekends. They also had a shuttle for the grocery store and Red Rock Canyon available. The pool and hot tub were clean and available 24/7. Breakfast was just bagels, muffins, and fruit but that was enough. Only draw back was the WI-Fi which was only available near the lobby and the pool.

Room Tip: We had a third floor away from Tropicana and facing West. Great view of the mountains and quiet. Bui...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rich P
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
We are delighted you were pleased with your decision to stay at Club De Soleil. We are happy to hear our staff was friendly and helpful, and that our condo-style accommodations were clean and comfortable. Thank you for sharing!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This club resort is wonderful. The whole community is so clean. The staff are all friendly and corteous. The amenities are all great. My kids and I enjoyed our stay in this resort. There was one day that we all just stayed in our unit beacuse it was very comfortable, it felt just like home...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank RGT98
Thank you for sharing this generous review of your stay at Club De Soleil. We appreciate your compliments about our accommodations, amenities and staff. We love knowing our guests feel right at home and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Hatfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week on our honeymoon as a gift from some family. At check in the manager was really friendly as told is that as it was our honeymoon we had been upgraded and there was a bottle of champagne in the room when we got upstairs. The room was gorgeous, with a view of the hot tub, pool and the mountains surrounding Las Vegas from the balcony. The kitchen was fully equipped with everything you could possibly need, the washer and dryer were an added bonus. The bathroom was lovely and the jets in the tub were a special treat. The bed was big enough for four people, easily and was very comfortable. It was a way from the strip which I enjoyed but it did mean transport was an issue, despite the shuttle that the hotel run as this is only hourly.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Alexandra R
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
We are delighted you had a wonderful stay with us. It was our pleasure to upgrade you on the occasion of your honeymoon, and we hope you enjoyed the bottle of bubbly. We truly appreciate your generous comments and highest rating, and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again sometime soon. Maybe on your first anniversary?
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Upon our arrival, my Granddaughter and I were taken by our taxi driver to Club 2 instead of Club 1 where we were booked for our week long stay. As we exited the building with our many pieces of luggage to go to Club 1, we were met by Eric, head of Security who asked, were we leaving and how did we enjoy our stay? We explained that we were heading for Club 1. He immediately got in the shuttle, took us to Club 1, and carried our luggage to our 3rd floor unit . We thanked him and offered him a tip for helping us which he refused even though we insisted that he take it because we appreciated his assistance. He said " No" emphatically and said it was his job to be of service to the guests and that if he could be of service to please let him know! Thanks again, Eric!
The staff at the reception desk, concierge , continental breakfast ,housekeeping, and shuttle drivers were all very friendly and professional . Our unit was a 2 bedroom with kitchen which was perfect for my family and guests. This is our second visit to Club De Soleil and we would not hesitate to return!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank JLeePA
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for returning to Club De Soleil. We are happy our condo-style accommodations were perfect for your family and guests. We are thrilled that our staff went above and beyond to impress you throughout your stay, and will certainly be sharing your comments with the team. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again sometime soon.
New York
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We booked this through a timeshare program. Would probably rate as a 3.5 if TA allowed half-stars. It is a decent place to lay your head for a week - positives and negatives detailed below.

Room itself: The room was a good layout - we had a 1 bedroom with a kitchen. The kitchen was nice, everything you'd need to make breakfast and lunch, and a great way to save a few bucks from the pricey Vegas strip. Bed was fine, only complaint was the air conditioner unit in our room was super loud. Unit also had balcony which was a nice bonus.

Location: It's 3 miles or so from the strip, which in our opinion has its good and bad points. Good: this place is quieter than the strip, larger rooms than you can find on strip. Bad: far from strip. We had a rental car for the time we were there so it made it much easier, I don't think you'd want to take this option unless you have a rental car. Although, the resort does offer a free shuttle service to the strip (runs each hour). We did not utilize since we had a rental car but I saw many others taking advantage.

Pool: The pool is mediocre - the resort is pretty old and tired. It shows years or wear and tear especially in the pool area. Pool overall is fine for the kids, but the lounge chairs are ridiculously old and dirty. Not a great selling point.

They offer a "free breakfast" which is really just bagels, english muffins and fruit. But hey, something is better than nothing. We utilized one day but otherwise just ate in our room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Tropicana Avenue, we did and it was quieter where we were.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank TravelingGuyNewYork
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for staying at Club De Soleil and sharing your positive experience. We are pleased that you were mostly satisfied with your stay, and apologize for any air conditioning inconvenience. We appreciate you recommendation and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.
Medford, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2014

O.k. stayed with Club 2 July 14 until the 21st. I just want to say that this was by far the lowest end time share swap we ever made. Now i am by no means a snooty person who and will complain because the staff did not carry me up to my room but when you have stayed in some of the resorts in Mexico , CostaRica , Aruba & Florida this was surely a step in the Comfort Inn's direction.

THE GOOD
The actual resort is very nice , clean , decent rooms , pretty much a good setup. The beds & linens were clean and comfortable. Kitchen setup was good. Living area comfortably spaced. A.C was fabulous. Staff was polite but not always so knowledgeable.

THE BAD
On our first night the power went out. Asked the staff and they had no clue. Thank god we were boarding the shuttle to the strip where there was air conditioning. Second day cable was out. Again asked the staff and they had no idea. Third day the pool was out of closed off because it was not working ( answered my day one question of why the pool was milky white instead of clear). On the same day hit the workout room... Exactly just a room with a treadmill and a universal machine.

If you do not have a car getting anywhere is a walk. And walking in 110 degrees is still a bit difficult for me. And the shuttle would not let you out unless it was a designated stop. Most of the shuttle drivers were cool except for one a middle aged short dark woman who even if she witnessed you checking in would still rudely ask for your key to get on the shuttle.

I was on the first floor. Never take the first floor. Your balcony is literally 3 feet from the pool. So any private quiet balcony time is out. When you open the door your face to face with those early bird pool hawks with then damn towels that say this seat is reserved. Also i hope you do not have any heavy foot people up and above because it is literally as if they are in your head.

THE UGLY
The trailer park across the street ( such a contrast resort / trailer park). The nearest store is a small convenience store about 2 blocks away. In that store you will find a attendant behind bullet proof glass, 6 down and out locals playing the slats , 6 homeless guys out front and if your lucky you might run across that help full guy that can " Get you whatever you need". Not a place i would send my child alone for an ice cream or for that matter i felt very uncomfortable on my only 1:00 a.m. trek to the store.

Lets not forget the continental breakfast. Oh i am sorry forgot about it already. Not really much to remember. Its all the way on the 3rd floor. And my selection was hard English muffins & Bagels. Some oranges that needed another week on the branch and some coffee. Sorry they should do away with this entire program. Comfort Inn's Breakfast blows this Resort breakfast out of the water.

P.S. watch those green steel security doors. They put on these spring door closer's that were never adjusted right and almost broke my fingers. ( lawsuit waiting to happen ). Cant miss them the ones that slam behind anyone at all hours of the night.

The Confused.

No WiFi in the rooms? Shuttles end at 11:00 pm? Continental breakfast? Work out room?

Now here is where i am really stuck. On day 4 the staff came out at lunchtime with burgers and dogs to grill on the (2) grills they have. They also had Lemonade. They were grilling and serving the guest's. As i dressed to get some free grub and exited my room they were gone. They never announced anything about this special cookout that they were having. When i asked the front desk they told me sorry but we only do it for an hour. I cant even get a free dog at this joint.

Room Tip: Go to Tahiti Village. Stood there 4 years ago and that is a great place. Just an average place dress...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TonyGuardian
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for your visit. We appreciate your feedback and are certainly disappointed the negatives outweighed the positives. It consoles us to know your guest unit was clean, comfortable and functional, and that our staff met your expectations for courteous customer service. We will certainly take your valid concerns under advisement and correct the issues that fall under our direct control. Thank you once again for staying with us. We hope you will give us another opportunity someday to make a more favorable impression.
toronto
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotel and facilities were fantastic! However something is to be said about one of the staff members. I left embarrassed in front of the guests I brought along with me because as a timeshare owner I would expect a little more respect. This front desk attendant turned my stay from a level 7 to a 1.5. At 3:00AM she called and threatened to De-activate our room keys unless I brought her my credit card. I assured her I would bring the card to the initial attendant I checked-in with as this is what I was told to do. The next morning we got a knock at the door at 6:00AM it was the attendant with a security guard demanding me to bring my card down. Right away she accused us of breaking into the room (which we didn't we used the room key to enter) because she said she De-activated the keys which were still working fine. I told her it's not a problem I could bring my credit card down since the attendant I was dealing with was starting his shift that morning. I was calm and cooperated fine. Even the security guard looked confused as to why she was doing this. The attendant over-reacted and caused a huge scene in front of my guests when it hadn't even been 24hrs since she asked me for my card. This was very embarrassing and unnecessary which I told her as she stood in my doorway. I feel she discriminated against me as I am in my 20's. I was treated like a criminal, was threatened, made to feel uncomfortable and hunted down at 6am. I am absolutely disgusted with this experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank vanessy
We regret to learn of your experience and apologize for the incident. We did not follow our established protocol and are truly sorry for the embarrassment you suffered. Our resort management will contact you shortly to discuss your concerns. Once again, we extend our sincere apologies and will be in touch soon.