Silverton Hotel and Casino
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$116
Agoda.com
US$541
US$453
  • Pool
Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$100
Hotels.com
US$380
US$340
  • Restaurant
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$180
  • Pool
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$94
  • Pool
Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$74
Caesars Palace(Las Vegas)
US$240
US$137
1,644 results
All reviewsbass pro shopsundance grilltwin creeksseasons buffetoff the stripmermaid barhuge aquariumjohnny rocketsfish tankthe mexican restaurantcomfortable bedsgreat place to stayplayers cardfree shuttleresort feerental cartable games
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2009

First place I stayed at in Vegas was the Plaza. That was the worst place ever. The Silverton is no comparison. Great location, only 2 miles from the strip (they say 7 but that's the center of it I think) and 1 mile from Outlet Mall. I got my room for under $30 a night but now there are new FEES! $5.50 a night that is not optional. They call them "resort fees". For stuff I don't use anyways such as a shuttle bus (I rent a car), Use of in-room safe, Local and toll-free calls (I have a cell phone), Airport shuttle service (I rent a car), Fitness center access (Isn't walking the strip exercise enough?). Pool could be bigger, I think people have bigger pools in there back yard. Overall it was clean, air worked great in 110* weather, kept our room stocked and clean, good atmosphere. Can't complan about the Bass Pro Shop with their 150,000 gallon salt water aquarium. I will stop here but I could go on. Google it if you want to know more, its worth it.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank misnclint
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Only one clerk at check in. We had to go downstairs three different times because we couldn't get in the room. The fourth time I asked for and received a new key. It worked. The next evening the key worked and the door opened about an inch. The safety catch at the top of the door had somehow become latched and it took a half hour to cut it off. This happened again after breakfast the next morning. I asked for a new room and they gave us one. The stool was filled to the top when we walked in. I flushed it and of course it ran over. The maid moped it up and in an hour and a half someone fixed it. It ran over again that day . When I asked for comp the manager told me that they didn't do that for natural occurrences. The pool outside was nice.(not the one in the room.) The food was pricey--the front desk is under maned--The bathroom didn't receive supplies each day.--The air conditioner ran constantly. This was really a terrible place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank swampy2swampy
Reviewed 17 July 2009

Got a great deal on hotwire for the Silverton, had never been there and it turned out to be one of the nicer hotels I've stayed at in Vegas. If you're looking for something quiet and off the strip, Silverton can't be beat. Also one of the nicer buffets I've had, and only $9.95.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nikx
Reviewed 14 July 2009

Recently while staying at Silverton Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas I was able to see one of my all time favorite bands and for free! Silverton held a free pool-side concert put on by Blues Traveler. Before attending the concert my girlfriends and I ate at one of the best steakhouses I have been to in a long time. Twin Creeks was located in Silverton and it had great food, great service... couldn't have asked for a better night and we didn't even have to leave the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Travel-n-Xpert
Reviewed 18 June 2009

I just got back from 5 nights in Vegas. I spent the first night at the Silverton, as I was trying to save a few bucks and wanted to spend some time at the Bass Pro Shop, as well as check out the hotel and casino.
The room was only $48 total on Thursday night. Check in is done in a small, cozy lobby, with comfortable couches for the families to wait on.
I had a nice room that had a slight kind of hunting lodge feel, with 2 queen beds on the 4th (top) floor overlooking the pool. It was clean, quiet, not far from the elevator, and had a small refrigerator, which I told them I didn't need the key for. The best thing about the room was that it felt new and it still had plenty of amenities, like the usual shampoos, lotions and great soaps found in good hotels. They had bottled water in the bathroom, but wanted to charge $2.50 so I stuck with tap water. But the room even had a clock radio that took CDs or you could plug a mp3 player into. Also, the room safe would only work with a credit card. I didn't trust that, so locked my watches in my luggage.

The pool area was closed, which I did not know about when making the reservations a week before. This was a little disappointing, as I bet it would be nice once the new palm trees are planted. The area is scheduled to open at the end of June.

The casino was rather empty, which made for easy and convenient parking in the garage. The drink service was very slow and I felt ignored while playing the slots and waiting to order a beer. I had waitresses walk by several times and one was talking to the bartender while I kept trying to get some attention. I wonder if they pool their tips there...
They had an Airstream RV in one bar that had been converted to a little bowling alley! Very unique! The same thing goes for the Mermaid bar, which features several aquariums, including one big one that a mermaid dives into every hour. She blows big air rings to the little kids while lots of fish, rays and sharks swim by.

I had a late dinner at Twin Creeks, which is their upscale eatery. It was pretty empty but they still sat me and the service was great. I had one of my best prime rib dinners ever, and the price was about half of what it would be in any Strip hotel's restaurant. Next morning's breakfast was at the Sundance Grill and I sat at the counter, read my paper and had a nice breakfast for under $10.

My overall impression of the Silverton was Very Good, though there were a few tiny issues, but they were beaten by the great restaurant service, cleanliness and variety of places to eat and games to play. I later stayed at the Monte Carlo on the Strip and wished I had not booked those nights there! They did things wrong while the Silverton mostly did things right.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo