“Nice casino, decent restaurants but rooms need updating”

Silverton Hotel and Casino
Ranked #44 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 9 September 2010

I loved this place after my first visit, they put me in one of the updated ground floor suites and I thought the whole hotel was the same...not so. Of the 3 regular rooms I've stayed in since the first visit they've all been outdated with carpet that should have been thrown out years ago and square tube TV's. As an added bonus on the last visit there was a problem with the AC in my room and the elevators...my room was over 80 deg and the elevators were easily over 100! Not fun.

The good, the casino is pretty cool, all the usual games, drink service was decent too. Poker room is the dead zone, of about a dozen wanders by it in 4 visits, there was only games once, so I played the tournament and won :-) Mini bar prices are the cheapest I've ever seen in a hotel. Sundance restaurant is still very good and good value. Most of the staff was excellent.

Tough call for this place, but their rooms are in desperate need of updating. I won't go out of my way to stay here again until that happens when I can stay at the fantastic South Point or many strip hotel/casino for the same price Silverton charges for it's circa 1990 rooms. Get on it Silverton! I want to love your hotel but the rooms are hurting!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Habby31

Reviewed 5 September 2010

We chose to stay at this hotel because we've been to the casino in the past and really liked the atmosphere. We booked the room online though the Silverton website. We arrived at the hotel around midnight and had an easy check in; the staff was very nice. We were really tired and jet lagged after we arrived. The alarm clock in the room next to us went off for about a 1/2 hour. We called downstairs and they sent someone up and resolved the issue very quickly. We still think that paying $74.00 a night for a hotel room off of the strip was a little pricey for just an okay room.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2010

My 12 year old son and I just stayed at the Silverton for the second time this year. We really like this hotel! It's far enough off-strip to be inexpensive - $69 per night - but only a 10-15 minute drive to the strip. The restaurants are very good except the pizza place which charges $3.69 for a mediocre slice of cheese pizza.

Everyone we interacted with on the staff was very friendly. The pool and the workout room are nice.

Lots of people complain about the resort fee - I don't mind it. If I was worried about $7.50 per day I wouldn't be in Vegas! ;-)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank dhoag123
Reviewed 9 August 2010

The hotel and casino are mixed but the parking from the garage to the rooms is through the casino. A long way to haul bags. the rooms are just ok but the check in staff are good and dispite one of our partys reservation being lost they accomandated them. They even gave us a small discount due to the problems with the reservations and the parking problem. Oh did I mention that the temp was 116 out when we were trying to check in. Ok being it's next to a great Bass Pro shop which you can shop or just walk through. Easy to get to if you don't want to stay downtown. Would stay again but don't carry alot of suitcases.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Edward Y
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Silverton's has a very nice casino and average rooms, although there was wallpaper pealing from the wall in the tub/shower combination. They do charge for everything. Bottled water is provided in the room, but unless you look carefully,, you can miss the part about it costing $1.75 per bottle. The walk-in price they charged was extremely high, $159.00 a night for Saturday for a hotel that is located far from the Strip. The $59 for Sunday was fair. I think the worst part was that they indicated that this was the best rate available, no AAA rate discount and little assistance when we asked for the business center to see if we could access a better rate online. As we were having car trouble, we had little choice as to where we could stay. After checking when I arrived home, I found that weekend rates were available for $65 on Saturday, and $49 on Sunday. So the front desk was not truthful, and for that I will not stay there again. Otherwise, this is a decent hotel, with decent restaurants. Nothing outstanding to warrant prices such as this. There is also a $14 resort fee tacked onto the daily rate. If you stay there, just be sure to check online rates through both the hotel, and online consolidators such as Travelworm (who specialize in Vegas area lodging), Booking Buddy, and of course, Trip Advisor, which is a wonderful source of information.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We stayed here for one night, on our way through to Yosemite from Grand Canyon, we'd already stayed in Vegas on the way, and my other half hate Vegas, but on seeing this hotel, which is attached to the Pro Bass shop, he was pursuaded to stay here, and loved it. Neither of us are gamblers, so I cannt tell you what the casino is like, but we sat in the bar, had a few drinks, and watched the fish in the huge aquarium next to the bar, which kept us entertained. The room was very comfortable, but I thought it was very dark inside the halls and the room. I do realise they are trying to make it look like a log cabin, but it is very dark. But we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and would go back.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane D
Reviewed 22 July 2010

I chose the Silverton for 2 reasons: 1, I've played there before and always wanted to stay there and 2, It's close to the rental facility for early flight next morning.

I was recently in Vegas for 9 nights mostly downtown and my flight going home was 7:00 am so I wanted to stay closer to the airport/rental facility. I chose the Silverton also because I had a 20% off coupon from the American Casino Guide. Check in was quick and the registration person handed me a paper for signature and said "you've paid for everything except for the $7.50 resort fee", WHAT! I absolutely despise resort fees and I would not have reserved the Silverton had I known up front. Ok, got that off my chest.

Room was very nice, a little larger than I expected with 2 queen beds. I took some pictures and headed down to the casino and soon found out these slots are tighter than my mother's pocketbook! Disappointed that they only had $1 bar top blackjack. Drink service was not good but I did eat at the Mi Casa Grill which was very good. I had the 3 taco combo with pinto beans and rice, excellent.

Bed was very comfortable and the hallways were very quiet. I think this is an excellent location for a last night stay in Vegas. I also loved the valet service, very polite and quick even at 5:00 am.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo