“Shhhhh---Silverton is a great stay in Las Vegas!”

Silverton Hotel and Casino
Ranked #67 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Shhhhh---Silverton is a great stay in Las Vegas!”
Reviewed 30 October 2010

Having been to Las Vegas many, many times--the strip does not have the allure that it once held for us. I'd say that if you make limited trips to Las Vegas or this is a first stay--I'd recommend someplace on the strip--if not, and you're looking for a great place with good value, great restaurants and some of the best and most friendly service in town--you can't go wrong with the Silverton! Why? Let me tell you--

#1--Shuttle service to airport and strip. They have a shuttle that will pick you up and return you to the airport. (No strip hotel will do this unless you're a high roller!) Just wait at the entrance by the aquarium at the scheduled time and the friendly bus driver will pick you. If you're arriving--let the reservations person know that you want to be picked up and s/he will schedule it for you!

#2--Great restaurants and you can use your points that you earn on your slot card towards your food! From Mexician to buffet to gourmet--Silverton has it covered. AND they're all good and all resonably priced too!

#3--Nice rooms, VERY clean and not a long walk! The rooms at the Silverton are nice--I'd say a bit up from a Holiday Inn. The bathrooms are smallish but everything is clean, clean, clean! They also stock Bath and Body products in the bathrooms! But the best part is that the rooms aren't "miles" and "miles" away from the casino, parking or restaurants like some of the big strip hotels where you walk down the hallway to your room and you think you're almost there and well-- you know what I mean. Also, the rooms are very reasonably priced and if you play in the casino on your Player's card even a little bit they'll send you offers for very reduced rates or even free!

#4--Great service. Some of the best drink girls, slot personnel bartenders and waitress/waiters I've ever had the pleasure of being served by!

#5--Bass Pro Shops--A Bass Pro shop is attached to the Silverton and points earned on Player's card can be redeemed for gift certificates here.

#6--Promotions and Specials -- The Silverton is always running dining, food, buffet slots and other promotions. Check them out on their web page -- http://www.silvertoncasino.com/

The above are just some of the reasons that we enjoy the Silverton but you'll have to try it for yourself. It's a great place to stay and be off strip but still have access to the strip! And best of all--it's a great value in a casino/property that is just the right size!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LASLuvr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Quebec City
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I stayed there with friends, most of us meeting in person for the first time and we couldn't have been happier about having chosen the Silverton Lodge as our venue!

Check in was smooth and easy, even got a room change to be on the same floor as my friends, and staff was friendly. Amenities were as described on the web site. Room was larger than I expected and cleaning staff was very efficient. As a hotel worker myself, I know that it's not always easy behind the scenes but I never felt anything but welcomed.

The hotel may not be on the Strip but it's close enough that it was easy to get there.

We had a "banquet" type of thing at Twin Creeks restaurant, in the private room and everyone was delighted with the food and the service.

All in all, from the Group Sales department handling the group reservations all the way to the parking valet, everyone helped make our event a success.

If you're looking for a good deal, this is the hotel for you!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 26 September 2010

The hotel has made improvements since my last visit.I enjoedy the comfort of my room & the bed was comfortable. The restaurant still needs a more diversified menu with lower prices & better trained employees, who need to learn to smile & greet people properly. The front desk was friendly & some casino staff. The slots were a little looser this timet. Great concerts but poorly managed. They now hold the first two rows for their high rollers & some seats were empty but who is brave enough to go sit there so they stayed opened. The crowd was kaotic & the secuirty did nothing about it. Several drunk women & a couple who needed a hotel room instead of the concert. Very poorly managed concert. And when will they have a shuttle service that provides better hourly service! The new pool is nice. Wifi in the looby w no place to put your computer and poor lighting! Charges are ridiculous for resot fee and wi-fi in your room and the list goes on.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank AlmostFamousRocker
Sylmar
Reviewed 10 September 2010

We have stayed at this place two times before, but this time was horrible. We got in late while on the road heading home from vacation. We asked for a non-smoking room and everything was fine until we turned on the airconditioner. Luckily we had some Fabreez with us. It helped for awhile, but I can't toterate smoke and woke up terribly conjested and had some trouble breathing. When we checked out we were given a credit for the $8.00 registration fee that we had to pay when we booked the room on line. We chose this place because the two other times we stayed there the beds and pillows were wonderful like something you would have expected at some luxury hotel. Hopefully this doesn't happen again as we really likes this hotel and will most likely stay there again. If the smoking thing happens again, we won't stay there anymore.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 September 2010

I loved this place after my first visit, they put me in one of the updated ground floor suites and I thought the whole hotel was the same...not so. Of the 3 regular rooms I've stayed in since the first visit they've all been outdated with carpet that should have been thrown out years ago and square tube TV's. As an added bonus on the last visit there was a problem with the AC in my room and the elevators...my room was over 80 deg and the elevators were easily over 100! Not fun.

The good, the casino is pretty cool, all the usual games, drink service was decent too. Poker room is the dead zone, of about a dozen wanders by it in 4 visits, there was only games once, so I played the tournament and won :-) Mini bar prices are the cheapest I've ever seen in a hotel. Sundance restaurant is still very good and good value. Most of the staff was excellent.

Tough call for this place, but their rooms are in desperate need of updating. I won't go out of my way to stay here again until that happens when I can stay at the fantastic South Point or many strip hotel/casino for the same price Silverton charges for it's circa 1990 rooms. Get on it Silverton! I want to love your hotel but the rooms are hurting!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Habby31
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 September 2010

We chose to stay at this hotel because we've been to the casino in the past and really liked the atmosphere. We booked the room online though the Silverton website. We arrived at the hotel around midnight and had an easy check in; the staff was very nice. We were really tired and jet lagged after we arrived. The alarm clock in the room next to us went off for about a 1/2 hour. We called downstairs and they sent someone up and resolved the issue very quickly. We still think that paying $74.00 a night for a hotel room off of the strip was a little pricey for just an okay room.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed 25 August 2010

My 12 year old son and I just stayed at the Silverton for the second time this year. We really like this hotel! It's far enough off-strip to be inexpensive - $69 per night - but only a 10-15 minute drive to the strip. The restaurants are very good except the pizza place which charges $3.69 for a mediocre slice of cheese pizza.

Everyone we interacted with on the staff was very friendly. The pool and the workout room are nice.

Lots of people complain about the resort fee - I don't mind it. If I was worried about $7.50 per day I wouldn't be in Vegas! ;-)

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family