We enjoyed four days at the Silverton. The rooms were spacious and mostly nicely maintained. The hair dryer was broken in our room but when we informed the front desk they brought another one right up. The bathrooms were a little small and they unfortunatly had wall paper in them so it was peeling. The new trend for hotels is no coffee pots, refrigerators or microwaves unless you pay extra for them. I feel that if they call them luxury rooms these things should be included. They have wonderful pillow top beds with thick duvets and great pillows. I have a hard time sleeping in most hotels but these beds are fantastic. I slept like I was in my own bed.
There is a Starbucks in the casino if you want coffee or a variety of restaurants. We tried the Mexican Cantina and I was very disappointed in my meal (pork chimi - tasted rancid) and could not eat it. They were very nice about removing the cost from our bill. The chips and salsa were great and the hubby's fajita's were good. The Italian fast food was ok but not great. The food had been sitting for awhile and was tough, the marinara tasted ok but was watery. Their menu also displayed a green garden salad but it was not available to order. They" didn't serve that there". Then why was it on the menu? We loved Johnny Rockets the 50's style hamburger joint. The food was great, fresh and hot! The manager was friendly and the service was fast. We didn't get to all their restaurants or bars. There is a large variety to choose from depending on your style and tastes. I would recommed that management kick the food up a notch in the Mexican Cantina and the Italian fast food.
There is a large aqarium in the lobby that has live Mermaids several times a day. This seems to be a huge hit with all the children(and all the men) and a lot of locals come to see them.
If you are an outdoor enthusiast this hotel is really for you. There is a Pro Bass retail store of humongous proportions connected to the hotel. We are not outdoorsy people but we found ourselves shopping in the store several times during our stay. Clothes, guns and equipment, you name it they have it. An indoor gun range, archery room, waterfalls stuffed animals galore all inside a beautiful lodge style store. This lodge style hotel goes perfectly with the store.
There is ample parking and it's very easy to get to off exit 33 on I15. We have stayed on the strip before and hated the constant parking hassel. Parking here was a breeze.
I love to work out and was extremely pleased with their fitness room. It was large and clean with a nice selection of machines and weights. Towels and water were provided. There were several televion sets for viewing while working out. It was a pleasant surprise. They have a nice pool with cabanas and tables. Unfortunatly it was too cool to swim during our stay.
We truly enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a nice place to stay without all the super trendy clubs and headaches. We took our day trips, which included the outlet mall which is just a couple of blocks away, and then we were able to come back , relax and enjoy our evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silverton Casino is a hotel and casino in Las Vegas, Nevada that skillfully combines the comfort of an upscale lodge with the casino gaming excitement of Las Vegas. As a full-service Las Vegas casino hotel located minutes from the Strip, Silverton Casino features an array of restaurants, live entertainment, beautifully remodeled guestrooms, live gaming tables, over 1,600 slots and video poker machines, and a 117,000 gallon aquarium that earned Silverton the distinction of "Best Free Attraction" in Las Vegas, NV. Silverton Casino also offers affordable Las Vegas vacation packages, free shuttle transportation to McCarran International Airport and the Las Vegas Strip, and an adjoining 165,000 sq. ft. Bass Pro Shops flagship store. Experience for yourself why Silverton Casino was voted the "Best Locals Casino" in Las Vegas by AOL City Guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Silverton Hotel and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silverton Hotel Las Vegas
- Silverton Las Vegas
- Silverton Hotel And Casino Las Vegas