“Silverton”

Ranked #67 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Silverton”
Reviewed 18 January 2011

We enjoyed four days at the Silverton. The rooms were spacious and mostly nicely maintained. The hair dryer was broken in our room but when we informed the front desk they brought another one right up. The bathrooms were a little small and they unfortunatly had wall paper in them so it was peeling. The new trend for hotels is no coffee pots, refrigerators or microwaves unless you pay extra for them. I feel that if they call them luxury rooms these things should be included. They have wonderful pillow top beds with thick duvets and great pillows. I have a hard time sleeping in most hotels but these beds are fantastic. I slept like I was in my own bed.

There is a Starbucks in the casino if you want coffee or a variety of restaurants. We tried the Mexican Cantina and I was very disappointed in my meal (pork chimi - tasted rancid) and could not eat it. They were very nice about removing the cost from our bill. The chips and salsa were great and the hubby's fajita's were good. The Italian fast food was ok but not great. The food had been sitting for awhile and was tough, the marinara tasted ok but was watery. Their menu also displayed a green garden salad but it was not available to order. They" didn't serve that there". Then why was it on the menu? We loved Johnny Rockets the 50's style hamburger joint. The food was great, fresh and hot! The manager was friendly and the service was fast. We didn't get to all their restaurants or bars. There is a large variety to choose from depending on your style and tastes. I would recommed that management kick the food up a notch in the Mexican Cantina and the Italian fast food.

There is a large aqarium in the lobby that has live Mermaids several times a day. This seems to be a huge hit with all the children(and all the men) and a lot of locals come to see them.

If you are an outdoor enthusiast this hotel is really for you. There is a Pro Bass retail store of humongous proportions connected to the hotel. We are not outdoorsy people but we found ourselves shopping in the store several times during our stay. Clothes, guns and equipment, you name it they have it. An indoor gun range, archery room, waterfalls stuffed animals galore all inside a beautiful lodge style store. This lodge style hotel goes perfectly with the store.

There is ample parking and it's very easy to get to off exit 33 on I15. We have stayed on the strip before and hated the constant parking hassel. Parking here was a breeze.

I love to work out and was extremely pleased with their fitness room. It was large and clean with a nice selection of machines and weights. Towels and water were provided. There were several televion sets for viewing while working out. It was a pleasant surprise. They have a nice pool with cabanas and tables. Unfortunatly it was too cool to swim during our stay.

We truly enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a nice place to stay without all the super trendy clubs and headaches. We took our day trips, which included the outlet mall which is just a couple of blocks away, and then we were able to come back , relax and enjoy our evening.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mlady37

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Branchport, New York
Reviewed 31 December 2010

I got the Silverton on a misguided Priceline bid. Okay. It's my first trip to Vegas, how bad could it be, I thought, after reading the Tripadvisor reviews.
Well, folks, it was bad. Where do I start? The REALLY loud music everywhere, so loud I could hear it in my room. Wait, that would be the second room I had. The first one was a "Priceline " room, grimy, smoky, and right by the elevator.
Second one was a poolview king, but the music was so loud , I finally asked for another room. Since king rooms were scarce there according to the front desk, I ended up with a queen room facing a wall. I got to listen to some sort of equipment outside . No flat screen TV, the furniture is dated. "Resort" fee is 7.99 a day, and the front desk said it was for the shuttle and safe inside the room. Really? The shuttle only ran a few times a day, and I didn't use the safe. For suites, the fee is 15 a day because, as the clerk told me, the suite is like two rooms.
No free Wifi except by the lobby, where I got to see a steady stream of people checking out early. Hmm.
I ate breakfast the two mornings I stayed here and service was interesting to say the least. Since the kitchen was open, I got to listen to the employees discuss the complaints they received before their bosses came to work.
My stay was supposed to be for 6 nights, but I checked out after the second night. I wasn't going to let a bad hotel ruin my vacation. I went down the road to the Staybridge Suites and booked 4 nights there and what a difference. No smoke, no casino, excellent service, and smiling employees.
With all the hotel choices in Las Vegas , and all the deals available, there is absolutely NO reason to stay here. None.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank oldgoat1
Reviewed 23 December 2010

We have stayed here many times and referred family here. Love being next to bass pro shop. This stay seemed to be another good one until we woke up and my daughter had a bed bug bite on her chin. It was the classic bite with 3 small bites in a row. We couldn't identify any other bites on us. I searched the sheets and around the bed and did not see any but from what I understand that is not unusual as I am not a professional and the carpets and bedding were very dark. We informed the front desk staff and were told there were no other reports of bed bugs at this hotel. We quarantined our bag and clothes nonetheless so we didnt spread the bugs to my mother in laws house. this has been 1 of our favorite hotels to stay in as we pass through vegas. I don't think we will be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank JEBIII
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 13 November 2010

Stayed at the Silverton Hotel and Casino on the last trip to Vegas. Stayed there because it was off the strip, easy to get in and out by vehicle, smaller so less crowded, and has the Bass Pro Shop attached to the complex. A major item missing is a store inside the hotel for souvenirs of the facility and items like munchies and sodas to take to the room. While there the property was running a promotion so on Thursday and Friday evenings when we returned to the hotel, was hard to get in the main entrance due to the location of the promotion and the amount of people in the smaller space. Food was ok and the cafe a bit over priced for the quality of food served. The big fish tank is cool. Room was quiet and on first floor. If you want the internet, they charge $12.99 for a 24 hour period that I found excessive in cost.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank audiome
canada
Reviewed 2 November 2010

This was such a surprise just went for a drive came across this Hotel and it was great!!!!!!!2 41 buffet the food was great service great

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 October 2010

Having been to Las Vegas many, many times--the strip does not have the allure that it once held for us. I'd say that if you make limited trips to Las Vegas or this is a first stay--I'd recommend someplace on the strip--if not, and you're looking for a great place with good value, great restaurants and some of the best and most friendly service in town--you can't go wrong with the Silverton! Why? Let me tell you--

#1--Shuttle service to airport and strip. They have a shuttle that will pick you up and return you to the airport. (No strip hotel will do this unless you're a high roller!) Just wait at the entrance by the aquarium at the scheduled time and the friendly bus driver will pick you. If you're arriving--let the reservations person know that you want to be picked up and s/he will schedule it for you!

#2--Great restaurants and you can use your points that you earn on your slot card towards your food! From Mexician to buffet to gourmet--Silverton has it covered. AND they're all good and all resonably priced too!

#3--Nice rooms, VERY clean and not a long walk! The rooms at the Silverton are nice--I'd say a bit up from a Holiday Inn. The bathrooms are smallish but everything is clean, clean, clean! They also stock Bath and Body products in the bathrooms! But the best part is that the rooms aren't "miles" and "miles" away from the casino, parking or restaurants like some of the big strip hotels where you walk down the hallway to your room and you think you're almost there and well-- you know what I mean. Also, the rooms are very reasonably priced and if you play in the casino on your Player's card even a little bit they'll send you offers for very reduced rates or even free!

#4--Great service. Some of the best drink girls, slot personnel bartenders and waitress/waiters I've ever had the pleasure of being served by!

#5--Bass Pro Shops--A Bass Pro shop is attached to the Silverton and points earned on Player's card can be redeemed for gift certificates here.

#6--Promotions and Specials -- The Silverton is always running dining, food, buffet slots and other promotions. Check them out on their web page -- http://www.silvertoncasino.com/

The above are just some of the reasons that we enjoy the Silverton but you'll have to try it for yourself. It's a great place to stay and be off strip but still have access to the strip! And best of all--it's a great value in a casino/property that is just the right size!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LASLuvr
Quebec City
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I stayed there with friends, most of us meeting in person for the first time and we couldn't have been happier about having chosen the Silverton Lodge as our venue!

Check in was smooth and easy, even got a room change to be on the same floor as my friends, and staff was friendly. Amenities were as described on the web site. Room was larger than I expected and cleaning staff was very efficient. As a hotel worker myself, I know that it's not always easy behind the scenes but I never felt anything but welcomed.

The hotel may not be on the Strip but it's close enough that it was easy to get there.

We had a "banquet" type of thing at Twin Creeks restaurant, in the private room and everyone was delighted with the food and the service.

All in all, from the Group Sales department handling the group reservations all the way to the parking valet, everyone helped make our event a success.

If you're looking for a good deal, this is the hotel for you!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends