“Noisy”

Ranked #188 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Houston, Texas
“Noisy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

the place is an okay place if you just need a place to sleep. I stayed in the Westin however for my last 2 night they were sold out so I booked me and my family here. They were nice and let me check in early at 12 noon. Stayed in room 134. Our room was very noisy at night time lots of party going on there. Room was clean and the bathroom was also okay. Location is good however at night time the area looks unsafe and a lots of homeless wondering around.

Room Tip: People going to party day and night will be a great option. if you planning to sleep at night this w...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
ABVIManager, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Las Vegas, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with Americas Best Value Inn. I do apologize for your noisy neighbors, we do try our best to keep those things under control. It is comments like your that keep us striving for improvements. We do hope you will come back and stay with us again. Once again, thank you.
Michelle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I've just read some of the negative reviews and wonder what people expect from an inexpensive motel so close to the Strip in Las Vegas. In our 12 day tour of Southern California/Nevada, this was the cheapest place we stayed at. Yes, the room was small, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. We didn't go to Las Vegas to sit in a hotel room. All we needed was a place to sleep and this place was fine. We weren't bothered by the traffic, nor by the proximity to the airport. (In fact, this was handy the following day when we had to go to the airport.)
It was a 5 minute walk to the MGM Grand where we had dinner and breakfast the following day.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RobTor
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with Americas Best Value Inn and recognizing our cozy, comfortable rooms and great location. We do hope we will be your "go to" place when you are in the Vegas area. Once again, thank you.
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We made reservations for a non-smoking room. When we checked into our room it smelled like smoke and cleaning fluids. We were promptly moved into another room. Although the location was convenient to MGM, the property itself was a 1950's type hotel with small cramped rooms that were badly in need of renovation. There was no desk in the room. The 1 chair was stained and torn. The toilet handle didn't work properly even after a maintenance person attempted to fix the problem. There wasn't any clock, hair dryer, Kleenex, pen or notepad in our room. We did return to find the room cleaned in mid afternoon but the top sheet had a noticeable hole. There was constant noise due to the close location to the airport. We were woke up at 4:00a.m. due to loud, drunken guests who were trying unsuccessfully to get inside our locked room with their key. We did call security to handle this problem. On the second night after midnight, there was a guest outside his room talking loudly on his cell phone. We called security to handle this situation.

Overall the staff was helpful and friendly. However, on Monday morning while we were waiting to talk to Tom the morning desk clerk, we were unhappy about his attitude and choice of language while he was on the phone. When I mentioned that I didn't think his swearing under his breath was a professional way to deal with guests, he made excuse and lied to me. No, he didn't say he was sorry or show any remorse.

Yes, we had a good room rate the 2 nights we were there, but due to a big event coming to town, the room rate was going way up(an additional $100.00) by Friday evening. We were glad to leave when we did. No, we will not be staying at this hotel again or recommend it to anyone going to Las Vegas.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jack A
Dear Valued Guest,
I am sorry to hear of your past stay, I can assure you we take all comments very serious and try to find the best possible solution. Thank you for recognizing our friendly staff and good location. If you do come back to the Vegas area, I would an opportunity to redeem ourselves in your eyes so do contact me directly.

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Twentynine Palms, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is an old hotel with fresh paint inside the rooms. Not just the walls, but they also painted the clothes unit, shelfs and all the same color, which looked like a sand. The room was small. One bed pushed up against the wall. A 14 inch tube type TV, no alarm clock and a table with one chair. The table was so short it touched my knees when I sat there. The closet unit had 2 plastic hangers. The driveway has speed bumps so high that there are scrape marks on them. On the plus side, check in was friendly and the pool area was clean and neat. To sum it up, you can put lipstick on a pig, but that won't make it a model. Just a pig with lipstick.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Big_Hammer_29
ABVIManager, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Las Vegas, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Value Customer,
I do apologize for your less than perfect experience you had while at our hotel. It is comments like you to help find ways to improve our property. Thank you for recognizing our pleasant staff.
Big Lake, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

The hotel was in a good location - very near the strip and easy to access. The pool area was nice, could have used just a little cleaning but we weren't there during busy pool season. The room itself was small but functional - furniture was old but seemed freshly painted. The bathtub was very old, I would not have taken a bath in it. I would have probably stayed here again EXCEPT we were missing a smoke detector in our room! The plug-in was there but empty, and when I brought it to the desk clerk's attention, she just shrugged it off. This made me upset, but we stayed anyway because I didn't realize it until after our first night.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim D
Dear Value Customer,
I do apologize for the lack of attention you received while trying to explain your situation to our front desk staff. I assure you that is not the way we handle problems at the front desk. Should you come back to area again, please feel free to contact me directly so that I may give your reservation special attention.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We arrived early, and they allowed us to check in for just an extra $15, which was perfect because we were exhausted after a 6am flight. This place is conveniently located across from the mgm, where you can take the monorail across the strip. Although, the area itself does seem kind of sketchy.
Its also located by a Coco's, which was the best breakfast I could imagine.
The rooms were nothing special, but they were clean.
The only complaint was our heater was not very good, and seemed to kick off in the middle of the night so we would wake up freezing.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank kimberlylaura
ABVIManager, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Las Vegas, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest.
Thank you for staying with Americas Best Value Inn and recommending us to other travelers. We do hope you will stay with us in the future.
Fresno, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

From check-in to check-out very friendly. Any questions were answered with a SMILE! Erin was very customer service oriented! Needed extra towels and soaps and shampoo no problems. Asked for coffee no problems. I've stayed at their locations I Rosenberg Oregon and they were very helpful. The owner offered to give my friend a ride. To the auto parts store to pick up parts to repair his car while we were stranded there. Thats above and beyond considering we rolled in after 2am.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends