“Beautiful hotel. Check-in girl ruined reputation.”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My aunt and I just came back from a 3-night stay at the Venetian. It was my 4th time staying at the Venetian over the past 10 years. The lobby, room, and restaurants were wonderful as usual. However, we had a check-in girl who was very unfriendly, condescending and worst of all, a liar.

When we approached the counter, Noni, the check-in girl, asked if we would like to upgrade for a fee. I said no but we would love a room close to the elevators. Noni gave us a glare and condescendingly said that she will look for a room near the elevators. After a minute or so, she wrote the room number on a card and said to us "the room is not too far from the elevators".
We headed up to our room and found our room to be the very last room at the end of the corridor. We were in total shock and horrified that Noni lied to us. We wanted to head back to ask for another room but unfortunately we were scheduled to be elsewhere and didn't have time. We did not return until late in the evening and given we were only there for a short stay, we decided we did not want the hassle. I don't know if i will return to the Venetian.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank jenny78910
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success. I’m sorry to hear that the service expectations weren’t met. It is never our intention to cause our guests this unnecessary stress or inconvenience. Allow me to assure you that your most recent experience is not the standard of our resort. Again, I apologize that you were not extended our Unmatched Guest Services throughout your entire stay.

I would like to thank you for articulating the details of your experience. It is through communication, such as yours, that we are better able to monitor and improve services for our guests.

We value your patronage, and hope that this atypical experience will not deter you from visiting our property again. Please feel free to contact our office directly if your wish to further discuss.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed in one of the Bella Suites and it was amazing. Pure luxury - huge bathroom, gigantic bedroom and lounge area, 2 huge double beds and 3 tvs, just in case one isn't enough.
It definitely seems to be one of the classier hotels on the strip and it's a lot calmer in general than the others. The breakfast buffet is delicious too and of a very high standard. My one complaint was that the wifi which we were paying 14 dollars a day for was very weak and didn't work at times, however when we explained this to them at check out they agreed not to charge us and apologised.
Really good spot to explore the craziness of Vegas from while still having a chilled out place to escape to.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. I am delighted that you enjoyed your accommodations at The Venetian. We receive countless comments stating how comfortable and spacious our suites are, I am thrilled that you also felt the same. Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit to this fabulous city. Rest assured that your comments have been shared so we may enliven our team members with your thoughtful compliments. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

We understand that there are many travel options when visiting Las Vegas and we certainly appreciate your patronage and look forward to hosting you during your future visits.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed 5 nights at the Venetian and had a wonderful time. Checked in around noon and got a room right away. I didn't feel the need to upgrade but asked not to be near the air conditioning units. Our room was on the 28th floor with a view of the mountains and the Wynn golf course, which dh loved. The room was impeccable every day. We had a small problem with the opening of the safe but that was taken care of immediately. The people before us had shut it so it had to be reset. We always had plenty of towels, washes and soaps. After a long day we always looked forward to our spacious clean room. Our floor was very quiet and we hardly saw anyone. I knew the rooms didn't have coffee pots so I just bought a small one on ebay and brought my own coffee and disposable cups. We got creamer at the Walgreens beside the Venetian. We enjoyed the was museum and the gondola ride, using coupons with both. We had late night snacks at the food court and found plenty to suit everyone. Were not very demanding people and everyone we encountered was polite and helpful. The place that sold mini cupcakes was great and had a nice selection. We went to the casino a couple of times and never won anything. We mostly spent out time visiting all the other hotels and casinos. I have to say it wasn't a relaxing vacation because of all the activities we did but it was a once in a life time place to see. My only complaint and not sure if the hotel has any control over this was the pesky people trying to sell things in front of the shops and doors to the shops. We stopped even making eye contact with them because it was the same every time we walked by them. They would ask where you were from and of course they knew someone there, then they would have a deal for you...very obnoxious!
We loved the Venetian and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If you dont need a strip view ask for a higher floor facing the mountains and not near noisy air con...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We are currently in the 3rd day of our 6 day stay here are are simply having a wonderful time. Every aspect of our visit so far (from check-in to the Gondola ride) has been pleasant and trouble free. Upon check-in we had reserved a Bella Suite in the Venezia building but were told about construction and were asked if we would like to be in the main building. We said yes and were given a very nice room on the 28th floor (229) and it offers spectacular views of Mirage, Treasure Island and the main pool area. Every staff member that we have come into contact with have been nothing but professional and welcoming. We had a problem with our safe and the facilities technician (Manny) handled it promptly and with a smile. The Garden Pool is beautiful and restaurant service at Grand Luxe Cafe is excellent. Before picking the Venetian we were worried when reading some of the past reviews, but now halfway through our stay we have no hesitation to recommend thie amazing resort hotel!!

Room Tip: High floor views are amazing!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. I am delighted that you are enjoying your accommodations at The Venetian thus far. Your reservation notes that you are here celebrating your anniversary and we thank you for making us your choice hotel during such a momentous occasion. Rest assured that your comments have been shared so we may enliven our team members with your thoughtful compliments. I have also forwarded your positive comments to Manny’s Leadership Team so that he is recognized for his Unmatched Guest Service skills. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

We understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and we certainly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to hosting you during your future visits.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

I stayed here for a combined business and vacation trip. I have stayed at several Vegas hotels and the Venitian was top notch! The pools were amazing- I ate at the poolside restaurant and the food was good. Drinks pricey but you expect that with Vegas. Definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for amazing views
Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. I am delighted that you enjoyed your accommodations at The Venetian|The Palazzo during your recent visit to Las Vegas. Rest assured that your comments have been shared so we may enliven our team members with your thoughtful compliments. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

We understand that there are many travel options when visiting Las Vegas and we certainly appreciate your patronage and your loyalty. We look forward to hosting you during your return visits to Las Vegas.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

I stayed at the Venetian with my wife and 3 children (15/10/8) for 6 nights from July 17. I used a great voucher code from Smartervegas.com and called the hotel directly to book. They allowed all 5 of us to stay in one room (Bella Suite), which was gfreat and really allowed us to stay here as paying for 2 rooms would just be too much. We checked in at midnight and I asked whether any strip view rooms were available. The receptionist gave me a complementary upgrade. She was very friendly and helpful and provided an exceptional first impression.

The public spaces at the Venetian are very grand and my wife and I both agree that they are the most luxurious in Vegas. The room was great. Large, luxurious and wanting for nothing. The only negative is the pressure sensitive mini bar and fridge but with all the ice available at the end of the hall, I turned my second vanity into an ice box and I was happy. Worked well. Our room had 2 Queen Beds and the lounge converts into a very comfortable sofa bed so plenty of space for 5. I would recommend the Venetian tower as it places you right in the heat of the casino, a few steps from the parking and right at the heart of the shops. A great location.

They are renovating the Casino floor so there are certain areas that are progressively curtained off as they complete the work. But the new carpet is much nicer so it will look great when finished. I didn't like the dealers at the Venetian as they were not very personable. Much nicer playing at the Palazzo. Slots were the tightest I have ever encoutered anywhere. Don't waste your money on them.

A note to remember - the casino provides free wi-fi on level 1 and the food court on that level, adjacent to the casino is a great place to sit and use it comfortably.

The Grand Cafe is great and has a very good variety on the menu at reasonable prices. Service was generally very good and I recommend it. Grazie members have access to the VIP queue and this can be a big time saver. I Love Burgers at the Palazzo is another good choice. Watch the gelato bar in the middle of St Mark's Square however as it is not particularly nice and proves expensive to boot. There is also a wonderful little bakery in the Grand Canal Shoppes and I recommend this for a light breakfast or lunch. I had read other reviews saying the meals are very expensive at the Venetian, but there are so many options that there is something for every budget and generally, all are fairly reasonably priced anyway.

The Wallgreens store is very conveniently located on the strip side of the complex and we used it to great advantage. Wonderful source of drinks, munchies and all other needs. Good value souvenirs as well. They also have a medical centre but thankfully we didn't need it. There is a Ross outlet a couple of blocks away and do yourselves a favour and give it a visit. Amazing prices!!

Location wise, the Venetian is pretty well positioned, being opposite Treasure Island and Mirage, close to Caesars and next door to Wynn's and Casino Royale, which has an outlet for the half price tickets place. If you buy tickets you get VIP queue access for the next day or 2, and generally, the prices can be quite good, though not really 50% as they claim. More importantly, however, the queue is outside but they are located indoors with airconditioning which is much better than the one located outside MGM. While we are on the topic of shows, I really rated Vegas the Show very highly and was a surprise packet. Blue Man however, is very overrated and I would not see it again. Copperfield was incredible and if he is still there, not to be missed.
Madame Tussauds is located at the Venetian and was great. We all had a good time and it is worth the visit. The Carnevale Passaporte offers $10 off every adult ticket.

Overall, we loved our room, loved our stay and loved Vegas. As a hotel, the Venetian is 5 star, no question, and the facilities available are astounding. The kids loved it and both myself and my wife would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Venetian Tower is the one to ask for due to fantastic position.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank GeckoTravel

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. I am delighted that you enjoyed your accommodations at The Venetian|The Palazzo during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am happy that we were able to provide you with useful on-site amenities. Having a multitude of wonderful dining options and Walgreens on property has proven to be a great benefit for our guests. Rest assured that your comments have been shared so we may enliven our team members with your thoughtful compliments. I am confident that our team members delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

I've been to Vegas a couple of dozen times and have stayed at quite a few hotels on the Strip, generally those located in the middle. We decided to give the Venetian a shot this time (we just came back after spending the weekend there) although it's pretty much on the north end of where all the action is. Overall, it's a pretty great hotel with a good effort to recreate the look and feel of Venice (we were there several years ago and it was fun comparing what the hotel tried to do with the real thing).

In a nutshell, the choices you have for dining and entertainment and vast so you won't have a problem finding something that suits you. The casino floor had a good vibe and the staff were great. The pool area didn't feel too crowded and the staff there did a good job of finding chairs for you if there were none immediately available (if people left their towels unattended for too long, so long!).

I know some previous reviewers took issue with noisy guests, issues with their room, etc., but c'mon, you're in Vegas... why are you hanging out in your room (unless you have children in which case I digress. However, their wifi is absolutely horrible so unless you absolutely need to access the internet on your vacation, think twice. We wanted to rely on the wifi to connect with friends and avoid the insane cel phone carrier charges but I could rarely connect and if I did, I would either lose connection after a few minutes or it would take forever. I only bring this up because they charge you a $20 resort fee which covers this among other things...

I'm planning on coming back in September with another group of friends and I will be hard pressed to come back here again for that reason alone unfortunately.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SLMK14

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian|The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success. I’m sorry to hear that the service expectations weren’t met. I also apologize for the internet challenges you experienced. Please know that it is never our intention to cause our guests this unnecessary stress or inconvenience. Allow me to assure you that your most recent experience is not the standard of our resort.

Kind regards,