“Intercontinental 4 Star Lux Only”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I am so sad that I have to give this hotel a 4 star rating but it failed me as an Intercontinental Resort in so many waysand I warn you this is a long review.
Lets start with the good, it is a fabulous property, centerally located mid strip. Most employees were well trained and one never has to to leave this resort as it offers everything you could imagine. Many dinning choices, large casino and the rooms are large and plush and clean.
When we walked into the lobby area it was a breath taking sight and must be seen to be believed. The rooms have the best beds you will find anywhere and the amenities are of a high quality. Our room was clean and housekeeping was great for the most part. The Grand Lux resturant is charming with excellent service, freshly baked breads and everything we ate at his place was good. My wife and I splurged in the Grand canal shops and it was exciting to be a part of the Venetian culture.
We are IC Platinum Ambassadors which means I stay at at least 50 nights at IHG Brand hotels ever year and that I have certain benifets that come with that status and here is where this resort received it's failing grade and droped 1 full lux star. Staying at an lC hotel is a real treat that both myself and family and I have come to enjoy the benefits of a road warrior I suppose. The rest of my review is really about those perceived benefits that I work all year to get so this may bore some of you and I aplogize for that.
Check In - normally has an dedicated ambassador check in, when we arrive at 10pm there was no one in that area so we stood in line for approx 20 minutes which was really no big deal but benefit was not received.
Guaranteed room upgrade - We had booked a 2 queen Rialto View Suite Non-Smoking room and would have been happy with that room choice because our daughter was traveling with us. We were offered an upgrade which we accepted and it was a beaufifull room with a king bed and a hide a bed in the sofa but we were NOT told at check in that it was a Smoking Room and it really turned us off the room but it was just to big a hassle to complain so we accepted the smell and lived with it. When checking in we asked for a 12 noon check out and were told we needed to vacate by 11am, again we reminded the lady we had a benefit of checking late check out ok we are up to 3 issues already!
The room - was opulent and very large they provide very high end amenities and towels etc. Before we went out for the evening we thankfully decided to look for the bedding for the hide a bed and found none, so we called and asked for bedding which should have been taken care of at check in. When we returned we found a plastic package with bedding placed in the front door on the floor, I can tell you we have never stayed at a 5 star lux property that did this. When we went to close the electronic curtains half of them did not work, and we had only 1 bath robe in the room for 3 people and the list goes on, by the way the hide a bed was super un-comfortable and my daughter ended up sleeping on the floor so think twice about using that bedding choice.
At this point we were still happy with the resort over all and making fun of everything and having a great time in Las Vegas and this resort.
Part of our benefits are a fruit basket apon arrival plus water and the water is suppose to be replenished daily. and here is where things went way down hill. At the end of day 2 we still don't have fruit or water so I call down and nicely explain to lady that we would like our fruit and water sent up to ur room, this whole process should be simple right? She nicely puts be on hold for 5 minutes then disconnects me. I call again and get someone else and after I explain she interups and says you only get one fruit basket per stay you know and I say yes exactly so please send one fruit basket up to my room and she says she has to check to see if we qualify to get one, so put on hold again, she comes back on and says yes we do receive the benefit but also explains again that we are only entitled to one basket and I again tell her we have not received any basket she says she needs to talk to someone else but they are on lunch and that sometimes people ask for 2 baskets, "geez give me a break here", I tell her to forget it and hang up and I am now deepy regretting asking for the basket and water. Any 5 star resort would have trained there staff to say.... "Mr. Moduline I am sorry to hear you did not receive your benefit please let me check and make things right" but that was not what happened and a simple issue just got BIG!!!
We came back to our room later that evening and guess what there was a fruit basket but no note of apology etc. of course I actually think they don't care or this would not have happened in the first place?
Also did not received our daily water, complimentary daily newspaper, complimentary In-Room Gift, Complimentary pay TV film this is all off the Intercontinetal web site.
Customer Culture always starts at the top and works down through the ranks, I don't blame the employees it is the management that is not living up to the IC culture, I have seen far to many references on TA about IC non-benefits and after this expereince see this as a culture failure at this resort and like I said what a shame as they have so much to offer and do so many thing right.
Ok now that I have vented I feel better and this is still a fabulous place to stay and most won't be disappointed but for some of us that have stayed at other IC hotels we sure see the differnece.
Not sure this IC will see my money again but one never knows as time heals disapointmnet.

Room Tip: Strip views are nice Don't sleep on the hide a bed Don't expect normal IC benefits
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Moduline
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. After reading through your review, I am deeply sorry that we did not live up to the expectations that you have so rightfully set before us. Please accept my apologies for the several challenges you experienced during your stay. We are a five diamond rated resort, and you should have been treated as such - no questions asked. Our alliance with InterContinental Hotels Group is one that I certainly value and am very proud to be a part of. Please accept our sincere apology that your Priority Club status was not recognized. The service, or lack thereof, that you described is definitely not to our standards

Allow me to assure you that your most recent experience is not the standard of our resort. As you may know, TripAdvisor does not link your reservations, so I do invite you to please be in touch my Guest Relations team, who will be contacting you directly. I would like an opportunity to address the concerns that you have as well as further make amends for your disappointing experience.

VP of Hotel Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (26,299)

Reviewed 18 February 2014

When we go to Vegas we always stay at this hotel. Service is always exceptional, rooms very clean and staff friendly. Can't say that I have a negative thing to say about this place. The shopping and gondola ride is fantastic and you can find whatever you want in the shops

Room Tip: Nice to have room in upper levels so you get a great view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Barbara O

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for recognizing the beauty and unsurpassed services and accommodations of The Venetian. We take great pride in our suites and the amenities that they have to offer as well as the gracious service that is extended by my team. I am happy that you were able to experience the remarkable ambiance of The Venetian, and it was a true pleasure having you at our resort. I do hope you will choose The Venetian once again, and I look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful visit.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Four days of luxury and pampering. Gorgeous rooms. Great service. Plenty to do and excellent shopping. I enjoyed the casino. The shops by the grand canal offer fine wares. If nothing else, enjoy a gondola ride throughout the grand canal area. St Marks square is gorgeous and so many restaurants to choose from.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 720garys

Dear Guest,

I truly appreciate the kind sentiments you have shared of our impeccable suites, prime location and divine shopping and dining options at The Venetian. We endeavor to provide one-of-a-kind experiences to our guests with a wide array of amenities and services under one roof, so I am glad that you experienced what we have to offer.

Thank you for choosing The Venetian, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We were there for an Exhibition at the Sands, so staying at the Venetian made a lot of sense. The suite was great, my only wish was for Nespresso machine as there was no in-room coffee/tea. The position is perfect in the middle of the strip with everthing nearby. The shops and restaurants in the hotel complex were really impressive. I would go back anytime

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank djbuys

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian as your host during your recent exhibition visit. I am pleased that you found the hotel and the suites to be top notch. I am delighted that you found our location perfect.

Also, for your next visit I want to recommend that you take advantage of the complimentary cup of coffee available as part of our resort fee. It can be redeemed at Cafe Presse with the voucher that you received at the time of check in, and there are two locations on property that would be happy to serve you- one of them a short walk from The Venetian suite elevators.

Once again, I thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian soon.

Kristen Dimond

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Venetian is a lovely hotel with beautiful grounds. My view from my window of the facility and grounds was gorgeous. The room was spacious and elegantly appointed. The casino is so large until you can get lost in it. I had dinner in one of the restaurants that cost $84 just for me, but I received $30 off the meal for being a guest! It was a little pricey, but good. I also celebrated one night in the V Bar with the family. Two drinks cost me $30, but had a good time. I received a birthday gift from the hotel which I thought was a very nice gesture. It was left in my room for me--a bottle of champagne and a very nice ink pen. My room was complimentary, so I have no complaints about what I had to spend. The casino was also kind to me!

Room Tip: It was my first stay. My room was excellent.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Deltagurl67
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Guest

I am truly grateful for the positive review that you have shared with us and happy belated birthday! It is our goal for each guest to have a memorable experience at The Venetian | The Palazzo, so it is a delight to know that you experienced just that.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Where to start, at the beginning i guess.

Chose this hotel for a 6 night trip to Vegas with my wife, with so many hotels to choose from we clearly got it right, the property is huge and is extremely impressive as soon as you exit the taxi. Check in was a breeze and Angie was extremely helpful when allocating a room close to an elevator as requested (I would suggest that you ask for this as the size of the property means that being away from one is one hell of a walk). The rooms are out of this world, beds comfy, oversize bathtub and seperate shower, the living room itself is masive.

Location is excellent.

Bars and restaurants can be a little expensive but you get what you pay for, I highly recommend the Filet Mognon at the Grand Lux Cafe, half the price of some of the ofer restaurants but equally as good as I have had before.

Would definitely return and highly recommend this hotel, congrats to all the staff, such a large operation running so smoothly needs to be commended.

Room Tip: Ask for room near elevator and be polite when checking in.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ray L

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! Thank you for the extensive detail you have put in as it allows our future travelers to get a good sense of what The Venetian is about- from the prime location of our resorts, to the shops and restaurants that reside at The Venetian all the way to our beautifully luxurious suites. I will also be sure to thank Angie for exuding the epitome of guest service.

Again, I thank you, and I look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

hi
been there july 16-18 2013
it was realy different experiance- total different
the hotel is so huge that 3 days in are not enough!
you can't see everythings
the room was the largest i have ever been at- its was soooo good !
the king bed was soft and gave us wonderfull sleep
but
the out swiming pool is not for swim-just to be in a water with the kids
the smokers...yac...i wish the devil will take them - its so stinky every public places-in the casino area,in the pool .all over the loby..discating
but the hotel is so beautiful and amazing.i can forget the smokers to be there again
no free breakfast
no hot water in the room to make a cup of coffie
free wifi
free parking (if u not use the valte paking servise)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian as your host during your recent vacation. It seems like you had a wonderful time here, and I do appreciate your kind review and for deeming us the best. I am thankful that you found your stay at The Venetian worthwhile. I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again so that we may have an opportunity to properly amaze you.