“Awesome Valentines Weekend!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Cocoa, Florida
“Awesome Valentines Weekend!”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I suprprised my wife by taking her to Las Vegas for Valentine's day. Made all reservations in November without her knowing. I only told her we were getting on an airplane! We stayed at the Venetian, and it was fabulous! Front row seats to see Tim McGraw & Faith Hill Soul2Soul show which was awesome! What a show. We had dinner at Cut restaurant as part of the package and it was delicious. The roses I ordered ahead of time were beautiful! She brought them home and they still look good. The personnel at the Venetian were very helpful and attentive. I would definitely stay there again. We had a suite as part of the package, which was excellent! Quiet, overlooking the pools, plenty of room. My only complaint is that on Saturday it took the valet 30 minutes to bring us our car. Other than that, our weekend was fabulous!

Room Tip: We had a suite as part of the VIP Package. But the rates were reasonable.
2 Thank Merritt47
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Guest,

What a wonderful way to surprise your girlfriend! It sure sounds like her Valentines getaway went remarkably well, and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay including front row seats to Soul2Soul! Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your romantic vacation. I do want to apologize for the extensive delay that we imposed on you at Valet. Please pardon us as we will work diligently to ensure that this type of wait time does not occur again.

Again, I thank you, and I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to The Venetian each time your travels bring you to Las Vegas.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,684)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vacaville, California
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We went to Las Vegas to attend the Tim McGraw/Faith Hill concert. Found the Venetian a nice place to stay. Plenty to do and the rooms were spacious and well appointed. The concert venue was just about perfect for the performance...just the right size, and it looks like you could see and hear the performers from just about anywhere in the theater.

Room Tip: If you have to go to Las Vegas, might as well go here.
2 Thank Dick T
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to read how much you enjoyed Tim and Faith's Soul2Soul. I thoroughly enjoyed their show as well and am proud to have it at The Venetian | The Palazzo. Thank you again for your kind words, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Great hotel right in the middle of the strip. Rooms beautiful and cleaned everyday, just wonderful . The staff were friendly and polite and the in room breakfast service was lovely very well presented by staff when delivered and laid out excellent price worth the money. Had a great time in Vegas the hotel also made the holiday would recommend this hotel and to have the gondola ride around hotel nice experience. Would book this hotel again.

2 Thank jetsetter0151
Dear Guest,

I find great joy in knowing that you not only enjoyed your stay with us, but you were extended personalized service that could sometimes be overlooked by larger resorts. As the largest five-diamond resort in the world, I am humbled and truly jubilant that you felt the attentive service that we endeavor to provide. I am also very pleased that your suite and your experience at the pools exceeded your expectations.

I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards and accommodations.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Just Got done staying at the Venetian and the rooms are really nice with an upper bedroom and nice sitting room. Loved the bathroom with a nice vanity area you can sit and put on your makeup. Just be prepared to pay vegas prices for everything, lg coffee and a yogurt cost me $14

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor. I am particularly pleased that you recognized the unsurpassed suite accommodations at The Venetian | The Palazzo. As the only all-suite hotel on the Las Vegas Strip we are very proud of our standard suites and I am pleased that you valued them as well.

Again, thank you for your encouraging review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next trip to Las Vegas.

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The hotel rooms were very nice and roomy. I've been to a few other hotels on the strip and this would rate a four star. Went in January, so I can't review the pools. The casino was fine, I think all the casinos are kind of the same. There is a variety of food options and the location of the hotel is good for walking outside of the hotel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ashley V

California
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have stayed at this resort before so over all I do like the hotel, but this experience kind of changed. We were a group of 3 couples, all well established and had gone to the hotel mainly for going to Tao, gambling at the hotel and going to the Canyon Ranch Spa facility at the Venetian.

When we checked in the employee was not too friendly, and we all asked if we can be in the main tower and all rooms on the same floor and she said, " Sorry the hotel is all sold out and I can not do that." We asked if at least we can be in the nicer main tower and she said that it was all full as well. We said ok and just went with it.

The rooms were not the best, kind of run down, door knobs old, amongst other things, but they tried to renovate, but it was not what I expected as I stayed in the main tower before as well as the sister hotel the Palazzo.

Tao was great, and we gambled till late and the casino was fun but with many of the dealers I did not get the friendly vibe so we all decided to go to the Wynn which we have all stayed out before and the service was a lot better.

The next day we went to the Spa, and this was the most horrible experience all 3 of us had for a spa facility that is suppose to be one of the top in the city. Service was horrible, for what you pay it did not at all meet expectations.

It is a very large spa and a lot of people go so with the volume of customers they could not handle it and were running late. My wife with the other two in the group checked into the womans area, but they were so back logged with people checking in, they made all 3 girls in the group arrive late. The masseuse told us, sorry the time will just be deducted from the massage, even though it was clearly the fault of the hotel. A 50 minute massage turned to be a 30 minute massage because 10 minutes was cut short at the beginning and they starting preparing to end and washing there hands 10 minutes to the end.

The facility was not the cleanest neither maybe because they were short staffed for amount of people showing up. We went to the front area of the spa and told them and all the employee said was , " sorry we got very busy."

It is a nice hotel and I have stayed here before and love the Palazzo, but this experience changed my view and not sure if I would stay here next time, or just go to the Wynn where you are guaranteed great service.

If you stay here, the spa resort I would not do, go to Mandalay Bay or Wynn it is much better.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the Main tower
1 Thank benjaminlevi
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for not only choosing The Venetian but for taking the time to share your concerns and experiences with us. I know that my team has been in touch with you and your group regarding this matter, and I am so glad that we have been able to remedy the shortfalls that we had imposed on you during your stay.

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies as well, and I am excited for the opportunity of welcoming you all back to The Venetian in the near future.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Don't go! Ok where do I begin? Valentine's weekend with 4 other couples. They stay here every year and have had nothing but great experiences until THIS YEAR! We arrived, I had booked and paid for our trip on AMEX travel, prepaid for all nights (stupid) and because of AMEX plat. guaranteed a room upgrade on check in. They said, they don't honor that and all the rooms are the same. You get what you get. Mt husband had prearranged a room assignment because he sent me roses and wanted them in the room when we arrived (aww) he had the room number and everything after calling and arranging. Separately, I had had two packages sent to the hotel and arranged for them to be delivered to the room as a surprise for him. Both perishable and for Valentine's day!! Point 1.. Chocolate dipped strawberries and a dozen roses. OK. We checked in and when my husband noticed the room we were given keys for was not the room they gave him the preassignment for, he asked if she had notes in our file. She said yes, all was taken care of but the room number was different. So our room on the 30th floor with a view he arranged turned into a room over the extractor fans of the kitchen where we smelled food frying day and night overlooking a construction sight on the 22nd floor. OK back to My packages. I quietly asked the front desk attendant if two other packages had been attached to our reservation and she looked and looked in the computer and said no. Samantha said the package department was now gone for the day (VALENTINE'S DAY!!!) but, she would look into it and call us in our room in a few minutes. She would see if someone could find them and get them to us.
Up to our dirty stinky room. My roses from him were there. Aww. We unpacked, changed and waited. We had dinner with our friends at 7 so we called down, it had been over an hour and no call from Samantha. Oh, they say, Samantha had gone to lunch. Sorry. We asked to speak to a manager and they said the manager was also at lunch. We said we were going out, please have someone leave a message.
Gone all evening of Valentine's evening, get back to the room, no message, no flowers or strawberries. Called down, guess what....Samantha had gone home for the day. EFFF. We went to bed. We woke up in the morning to a blinking light on the phone. The message said the roses had been delivered earlier in the day. (they were talking about my roses that he sent to ME) I called and it took the whole day to track the packages and the Manager himself had signed for the packages and kept them on his desk and gone home. My husband got rotten strawberries and wilted roses the evening AFTER Valentine's day. $300.00 worth of goods. The hotel didn't care one bit.

The Bouchon restaurant the service is SLOOOOOWWWWWW!!! 3 hours for coffee yogurt and bread with butter and jam. 2 hours for dinner with our friends before a show and we told them we had a show, the entrees came out one at a time. most people were finished eating by the time the last guests got their meal. We were nearly late for the show. We came back and went to the Grand Luxe Café for dessert. OMG!!!! The marble floors were sooooooo greasy, that even with rubber soles on my shoes, it was like ice skating into the restaurant. The ENTIRE floor was disgusting!!! We sat down and ordered desserts. 1.5 hours of torture waiting for a biscuit to bake for my strawberry shortcake. everyone was finished with dessert, coffee, tea, and still waiting, our waitress, was avoiding having to talk to us, so one of my friends went to talk to someone. When he asked why it takes so long for one dessert, no one offered a replacement, or told us of a delay until everyone had been served and were eating for a while, he was told to be quiet and go sit down. When he got upset at being talked to like that they treated to call the police and told him to leave. OUT OF CONTROL!!

Bottom Line, It's old, run down, falling apart, dirty and the employees are unhappy.

10 Thank Victoriousjb