“Loved it!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Fremont, California
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I swore up and down that I would never go to Las Vegas - just didn't seem like my cup of tea but then my cousin (lives in Alaska) was going to be there and I would do just about anything to see her so off we went. I was blown away by the beauty of the property - the art, the fresco's, the architecture - George Clooney once called his ceiling in his Lake Como house "early Italian television" - we had the best time sitting in the Venezia Tower and making up stories from the ceilings.

Restaurants really are incredible - first we ate at Cut - fantastic, expensive but probably the best steak we have ever had. We live near the Napa Valley and have fallen in love with Thomas Keller and he has his restaurant Bouchon at the Venetian - we ate there 3 times and loved it.

The rooms are very nice - soft linens, great bathrooms - TV are really dated (not HD) but it would be incredibly expensive to update 3 TVs per room times 8000 rooms.

We loved the Canal Shoppes - went on forever. Absolutely loved Baumann's Fine Books - they actually had a Peter Force engraving of the Declaration of Independence - I think we both cried a little - what a gift to just see it. If I had an extra $40k in the couch cushions then by god I would buy it!

Upshot - we loved it so much we are going back in June but we will do a couple of things differently;
1. We hate smoke and going through the casino so we will stay in the Venezia Tower
2. We are going to restaurant crawl this next time - so many options
3. We are staying longer - 6 days instead of 3
4. We will not go out on Las Vegas Blvd - can't deal with the pimps and pimps hand-billers (one tried to push me out of the way to get a card to my husband) - it's human trafficking
5. We will stay at the property (so much to do) - maybe over to the Fashion Mall but that's all

Enjoy!!

Room Tip: Even the "cheaper" rooms are very, very nice - large - impeccable
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review that you have shared with us on TripAdvisor. I am humbled to read such a detailed and thorough review and truly glad that you were extended the level of service and artistic beauty that are reflective of the diligent strides towards unmatched experiences.

Guests like you make The Venetian and The Palazzo what it is today, and I am so grateful that you were able to enjoy so many facets of what make up our lovely resort- from Baumann's Books to Bouchon and CUT and the Grand Canal Shoppes.

Also, since you mentioned your distaste for the smoke in the casino I wanted to take a moment and make some specific recommendations. The Palazzo offers smoke free corridors similar to what you may desire. Additionally, I want to recommend for your next visit that you travel to and from your suite and other areas of the resort through the Grand Canal Shoppes level. The Grand Canal Shoppes are completely smoke free. The Venezia, as you mentioned, is also a fantastic respite away from the hustle and bustle of the main casino floor.

Thank you again, and I very much look forward to your return visit.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,808)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Plainview, New York
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Coming to the Venetian for a number of years and have never been disappointed. All rooms are large suites with full bathrooms including double sinks., separate shower stalls and even flat screen tv to watch while shaving. The beds are comfortable and they changed our linens to hypo-allergenic in a matter of minutes.
The casino is spacious and once in a while you have a fair chance to hit a jackpot or just relax in the gorgeous sports book area.
But my wife's favorite place is the bouchon restaurant located on the10th floor. It is a must for anyone looking for a great breakfast. (French American). We give it 5 stars and probably the best breakfast in Las Vegas,,,
On your next visit try the Venetian hotel, you won't be sorry,

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator as the corridors are long and the walk could be a mini workout
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for being a loyal member of The Venetian family. I am so glad that my team has been able to welcome you with open arms time and time again, and that you are able to experience and feel the same breathtaking beauty that I too am so fond of. I firmly believe that our guests deserve to experience the very best, so to know that you have constantly experienced just that is truly wonderful.

You are correct- Bouchon is magnificent, so please pay us another visit soon! Once again, I thank you, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

mequon,wi
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We have been staying at the Venetian for many years. It is a beautiful hotel with great service. A great place to people watch. It is a vibrant and active location. The rooms are all suits and very spacious. When people ask us where we are staying while in Las Vegas, we are always proud to say "the Venetian." Love staying here.

Room Tip: When making a reservation try to get a room close to the elevator. The halls are REALLY long !
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

It has been such a pleasure reading your review, and I am delighted that you love everything about The Venetian! It is guests like you that make The Venetian special, and we are incredibly happy to be of service to you. Your loyalty and pride in The Venetian are truly valued, and we are proud to have you as a guest as well.

Thank you for sharing your experience with me, and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We have stayed at many properties in Las Vegas over the past few years. The treatment that we received at "The Venetian" was far superior to any other hotel we have stayed in. We arrived earlier than we expected and were able to check into our room before the normal check-in time. The restaurants were excellent and offered a wide variety in cuisine's and prices. We went to see "Human Nature". The entire audience was spellbound. It was one of the best shows we have seen in Las Vegas in many years. We were treated like pampered guests and we will definately return on our next trip to Las Vegas, hopefully in a few months.

Joan Richards, Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Room Tip: Ask to have a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this glowing feedback. Providing an unmatched guest experience is of paramount importance here at The Venetian, and I am pleased to read that you experienced our unmatched guest service. You deserve to be pampered, so we are delighted that you experienced luxury and attentiveness during your stay. Thank you for sharing your experiences, and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Massena, New York
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed here twice. The hotel is massive and the layout was so confusing. The smoke filled casino gave me a headache. I noted that their toiletries were from a CHINESE COMPANY!! I complained to the floor manager and he promptly gave me the "last" Bulgari soap the hotel had. . He said the hotel stopped providing Bulgari toiletries. I was outraged! I hope everyone complains about this. IF the hotel is too cheap to supply Bulgari soaps, at least BUY AMERICAN brands!!!! Buy Kiehls or Neutrogena!!! Not a cheapo, never heard of brand!!
The pillows are small, The thread count of the bed linen is below 200.. Meaning, it was scratchy. And it is not starched or pressed.. Clearly, the 5 star rating needs to be reassessed!!
There are no flowers on each elevator area. You see a plain side table.

Room Tip: If you are allergic to smoke, Ask for rooms near the Bouchon restaurant area.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank livetotravel2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your candid review and for taking the time to share your concerns with me. Although you were dissatisfied with the amenities that we provided to you, they are in actuality upgraded amenities that are exclusive to The Venetian | The Palazzo; created for and provided by The Venetian | The Palazzo. Thus, the reason why you may not have heard of it. Many of our guests truly enjoy our amenities, and we stand by the superior quality of what we offer. I am regretful that this was not communicated to you clearly.

Thank you again for your review, and I hope that you will revisit us again in the future.

Mesa, az
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I could not get over the extremely strong amount of Cigarette Smoke in the casino, it persisted in most of the shop halls exiting the casino, and at night it was so strong it came up the elevator shafts throughout our room which was on the 7th floor. Opening the window vents to the outside seemed to allow the kitchen exhaust fans and casino exhaust fans to blow the stench right inside our room. It was so bad that by the 2nd to 3rd day my nose plugged up and I developed a bloody nose from the Cigarette Smoke. The hotel is very nice, although the prices seemed a bit way over the top: $3 for a small Gatorade or water and that was at the lobby store try and get the same thing from a restaurant or rooms service it will cost you $15-$20, getting around is like a maze, I would not have minded walking so much except the fact that every so often you would get engulfed by Cigarette Smoke and when you looked would not even see anyone smoking Maybe poor ventilation?

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor over seeing the pool area, seems the casino vents blow right inside your...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing The Venetian and for taking the time to share your concerns with me. I want to apologize for the negative impact the cigarette smoke had upon your well-being and overall experience at The Venetian. Frankly, I am at a loss to understand what might have produced the concentration of odor you described. I might surmise that, due to ventilation and air currents, the smoke was concentrated in and around the areas you occupied. Typically though, our state-of-art filtration system disperses enough uniform aromatic fragrance to dispel any offensive odors. However, I have forwarded your comments to our Facilities Department so they are apprised of our concerns, and ensure all systems are properly functioning.

Thank you again for apprising me of your experience, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to The Venetian.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I had always wanted to stay at the Venetian just because it was the Venetian. My wish was finally granted for my birthday. My friend was able to get a great deal through Priceline. Because we had booked through Priceline, we were already set on having a lower tier room, etc. We arrived at the Venetian and Jason at the front desk was beyond amazing. He upgraded us to the 30th floor at no additional charge. Just his overall demeanor was astonishing. He was so nice and informative and just made us feel completely welcomed. Our room was so big and spacious. The bed was super comfortable and the overall stay was everything I could have wished for. Every person we encountered was so nice and truly made us feel like family. I used to always stay at Mandalay Bay or THEhotel. But honestly now, I don't know if I want to stay anywhere else!

Green Features: I loved to learn that they take any unused toiletries and send them to third world countries.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and happy belated birthday! I am delighted that you granted us the opportunity to share you in your celebration, and I am especially pleased that you recognized Jason's unmatched guest service. I have forwarded your compliments to his director and manager so that they may recognize Jason on a job well done. Thank you again for choosing The Venetian, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.