I swore up and down that I would never go to Las Vegas - just didn't seem like my cup of tea but then my cousin (lives in Alaska) was going to be there and I would do just about anything to see her so off we went. I was blown away by the beauty of the property - the art, the fresco's, the architecture - George Clooney once called his ceiling in his Lake Como house "early Italian television" - we had the best time sitting in the Venezia Tower and making up stories from the ceilings.
Restaurants really are incredible - first we ate at Cut - fantastic, expensive but probably the best steak we have ever had. We live near the Napa Valley and have fallen in love with Thomas Keller and he has his restaurant Bouchon at the Venetian - we ate there 3 times and loved it.
The rooms are very nice - soft linens, great bathrooms - TV are really dated (not HD) but it would be incredibly expensive to update 3 TVs per room times 8000 rooms.
We loved the Canal Shoppes - went on forever. Absolutely loved Baumann's Fine Books - they actually had a Peter Force engraving of the Declaration of Independence - I think we both cried a little - what a gift to just see it. If I had an extra $40k in the couch cushions then by god I would buy it!
Upshot - we loved it so much we are going back in June but we will do a couple of things differently;
1. We hate smoke and going through the casino so we will stay in the Venezia Tower
2. We are going to restaurant crawl this next time - so many options
3. We are staying longer - 6 days instead of 3
4. We will not go out on Las Vegas Blvd - can't deal with the pimps and pimps hand-billers (one tried to push me out of the way to get a card to my husband) - it's human trafficking
5. We will stay at the property (so much to do) - maybe over to the Fashion Mall but that's all
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE WORLD'S MOST EXTRAORDINARILY DESIGNED HOTEL Every major Las Vegas guidebook recommends Center Strip casinos. The Venetian is located at one of the most exciting crossroads of the Strip, putting you within walking distance of the biggest attractions on The Strip. We guarantee the lowest prices for our suites can always be found directly on the Venetian website. When you book direct: • We are 100% sure you will never find a better rate anywhere else. • We are 100% sure we will never lose your reservation. • You will have priority access to our best rates moving forward. Plus, we guarantee: • The lowest possible rates, our partners are obligated by contract to follow our pricing rules. • Access to the best selection of suites and offers • Access the best service, located on-property • Access to Grazie, our loyalty program • Free Cancellations and Modifications* ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Nozio Netplan srl, Expedia, IHG, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Venetian Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Venetian Resort Las Vegas
- Venetian Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Venetian
- The Venetian Las Vegas