“Decent choice”

GreenLeadersGold level
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“Decent choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 6 nights for a convention.

The hotel employees are all excellent and the rooms well equipped.

The only niggle I had was that the housekeeping staff didn't so a great job. They didn't replace glasses, left empty bottles around etc etc.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Andrew M
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you choosing The Venetian as your host during your recent visit. Although your overall stay was enjoyable, I am disappointed to understand that your visit was not a complete success and deeply apologize for not meeting your expectations.

I truly appreciate that you have allowed me the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and I also appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding the housekeeping shortfalls which you encountered. Please be assured that I do take all feedback and suggestions seriously, and I will look into them accordingly.

Thank you again for your review and it is my sincere hope that you will choose to return to The Venetian | The Palazzo each time that your travels bring you to Las Vegas.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,618)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Medina, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights with family. Check in was rather lengthy as we had requested connecting rooms (2 of the 4 we booked) and it took them a while to be able to fulfill that request. Ended up getting an upgrade on one of the rooms which was a bonus.

The entire hotel is beautifully appointed including the suites. Comfortable beds, semi-comfortable pillows (if you're picky, bring your own), tons of space in the room. There was ample dresser/shelf/closet space for clothing, a small safe, large couch, desk, table & chairs and 2 televisions in our room. The wi-fi worked great without hassle. My only complaint was the lighting. Rather dim throughout the entire room and bathroom. The only bright light was over the bed. The drapes were great - opened & closed by remote and kept the room dark while sleeping. We had a very good view of the strip and the mountains. I did hear quite a bit of noise from the hallway - other guests talking loudly and doors closing could be heard very well while in our room.

Gambled a bit in the casino, but were not very lucky there. Did much better elsewhere. Very few tables with minimums below $50. This is definitely a high-end hotel. We did enjoy a number of the restaurants and did a bit of shopping at the Grand Canal Shoppes.

Spent some time on 2 different days by the pool. The first day was VERY crowded, the 2nd not as much. We saw 4 of the pools - I think there may be even more. The water was cold, but the weather was beautiful, lounge chairs comfortable, and we were just happy to be away from snow & winter!

Two of our kids and mom-in-law went to the wax museum & loved it! Said it was really worth the money. (Tip- use the discount coupons they give at check-in to save $$ to get in.)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor. I am particularly pleased that you recognized the unsurpassed suite accommodations at The Venetian | The Palazzo. As the only all-suite hotel on the Las Vegas Strip we are very proud of our standard suites and I am pleased that you valued them as well.

Again, thank you for your encouraging review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next trip to Las Vegas.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Our first time to Vegas was made memorable due to our stay at the Venetian. You felt you were walking through the Sistine Chapel to get to the casino adrift in chandeliers! Food choices were abundant so we sampled both the quickie breakfast and a relaxed dinner with perfect results. We did not take a gondola ride, but we walked next to the canals of Venice remembering our trips to Venezia. It was a great facsimile! Our stay was highlighted by the show Rock of Ages that had great music, story and fun. My 78 year old husband had a ball! Love the Venetian and can't stop talking about it!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about The Venetian. I am pleased that you enjoyed the opulence of the resort and that your overall impression was positive. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

sydney australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

3 of us stayed at the Venetian. Loved staying at such a beautiful, whimsical place. The suites were very spacious, and extremely comfortable.
There is many choices for food, from restaurants to food courts and cafes. The pizza in the foodcourt was fantastic.
Loved walking around the Grand Canal Shops and watching the Gondoliers serenading their passengers. Was dissapointed with the cost/duration of the gondola rides. Quite pricey for very little time. That's my only criticism for the whole place.
Easy to get lost in this massive place. Would love to stay there again if I ever return to Vegas.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. I am pleased to read of your satisfaction and I look forward to welcoming you back should you have the opportunity to return to Las Vegas.

Eindhout, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

we enjoyed our short stay at the Venetian. Location is perfect, in the middle of the strip. Helpfull staff.
Beautiful pool area.
Very nice suite, big, clean and fresh.
We will defenitely choose the Venetian again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie D

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

From the moment I stepped into the hotel to check-in to the moment I checked-out, I had a very enjoyable stay. This is the 2nd time I stayed at the hotel. The first time, was a few years back; it was the same comfortable stay and excellent service that I remembered.
There is one person who I have to commend; and that is Francis in housekeeping for providing terrific service when we called to ask for items to be bought to our room. I was not feeling well during my stay, so the comfortable room and bed made the difference. Thank you to all of the staff at the Venetian for making my stay wonderful!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am especially pleased that you recognized Frances' unmatched guest service. I have forwarded your compliments to her director and manager so that they can recognize her on a job well done. Thank you again for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

The service has improved some since the last time I was here 2 years ago. The check in staff was great, our waitresses poolside where exceptional, the bartenders at V Bar where rockin!!! but i was still disappointing by some puzzling decisions by management. First of all you cannot order any food by the pool....Are you kidding me???? im on vacation and I cant lounge by the pool drinking cold beers and enjoying a club sandwich, the travesty...seriously, this is such a lost revenue opportunity and i cant imagine why they would make this kind of decision. Not to mention that the pool closes at 4:00 pm, another head scratcher. This is not a big deal but the last time i was here (2 years ago) they had a big warehouse kind of structure covered by a tarp that was painted like a building to give an illusion of a standing building to spare guests the horrible view of an unfinished warehouse looking structure...well, 2 years later and its still there, again, not a big deal but im just saying..its been 2 years.

The rooms are fantastic, spacious, decent amenities and enough TV's to equip a state of the art sports bar :) grounds are kept very clean and there are tons of places to wonder around. The Lux cafe is amazing, great for casual dining after a late night and also good enough for a quick mid day snack. The Mexican restaurant is decent too, its located by the canal so you can catch the gandola's floating by while you dine..pretty cool...The food was always on point and at a very decent price. Other than that, i think because this property is so grand and because there are so many staff, it lacks character and that personal touch. I would stay here again but wouldnt be thrilled about it

Room Tip: high floor rooms facing either the strip or the pool is the way to go..the other rooms have terrible...