“Awesome and exceeded expectations”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #9 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Detroit, Michigan
“Awesome and exceeded expectations”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was blown away with the Venetian. So many options for eating and entertainment. The rooms were huge (compared to other Las Vegas Hotels) for the same price. Huge value for the cost. Rooms were spacious and loved the sunken living room. So many resteraunts to choose from and most were reasonably priced. Especially B&B - Mario Batelli's resteraunt.

Room Tip: I had a great view of the pools, not sure of the other rooms ?
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a wonderful review of your experience at The Venetian. I am thrilled that you found everything to be amazing. The hotel is indeed beautiful, and there are so many entertainment and dining options to choose from. I am delighted that you were able to enjoy so many aspects of The Venetian including B&B.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian in the near future!

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,729)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Staying at Venetian was a wonderful experience!
Think of a big and comfortable room. It"s there! Vegas is such a busy city for visiting, dining and of course gambling! But when you get back to your room at Venetian, you really fell yourself at rest. Bed seems like embracing you!
Oh, what if you"re hungry? Well, easy... Walk a bit and enjoy some delicious food at some of several restaurants nearby Canal. Meat, burger, pasta? You got it!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank rtrevisol
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Our suites are truly an experience in it of itself, and I am so glad that you were able to enjoy your suite along with the services that accompany it. After long days on the Strip, I am sure that rest and relaxation is the first thing on your mind, so I am relieved that we were able to provide a sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle of the excitement of Vegas. It was our pleasure hosting you, and I look forward to welcoming you back for many more trips in the future.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Excellent hotel in Vegas! Staying here was a great experience and the service too was superb even after the stay. The moment you enter this place, you are awe struck and amazed. It was a business trip but the atmosphere was such that the work looked good and easy.

You wouldn't like to walk so long to find the way to the room, but here it was exception as the corridors had nice painting & would feel like you are in a palace.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

It is such a pleasure reading your review; thank you for providing such wonderful feedback! We aim to provide an experience that is second-to-none from the moment our guests arrive to the moment you depart. It elates me that you experienced an amazing ambiance from the moment you stepped foot on to The Venetian.

Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back for many more visits!

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Please do not be like me and assume that all the one and two-star reviews for this property were written by chronic whiners and malcontents. For your own happiness, I advise that you read all the bad reviews before booking a room here, note the common complaints, and ask yourself if you want to risk it. I wish I hadn't risked it.

First impression: we pulled up to the valet area in our rental car, both got out, looked around and saw at least a dozen valets standing around, none of whom seemed the least bit interested in helping us. My husband removed the luggage from the trunk and we stood around a little more until finally my husband approached Valet #319 (who would soon have the honor of being the first Venetian employee to be incredibly rude to us). The valet ambled over with a luggage cart and watched as my husband loaded the bags onto it himself. We handed the valet the car keys and as we walked away, my husband said to me "Did you tip him? I said "Oops, no - " (thought my husband had done it) and at this point the valet loudly yelled "WOW!" in scorn at our apparent lack of a tip (for him doing nothing). My husband had a $20 in his hand ready to turn around and tip Valet #319, and because he is a principled man, he gave the rude valet the tip anyway.

On to the check-in desk! Waited in a short line, were called up to the desk and surprise! our room was not ready. Coincidentally, though, TWO upgraded rooms WERE ready (you don't say!) for a fee of an extra $100 or $150/night. The markedly unfriendly check-in clerk (Amy) pushed hard for us to upgrade, but we decided that since we had already booked an excellent room (hahahaha, that is called foreshadowing, my friends), we would wait. Suddenly, the upgrade price dropped! Ugh, all this wheeling and dealing at the front desk is SO uncouth and awkward for all involved…certainly not the gracious 5 star experience. We eventually decided to upgrade to a "fabulous suite!" for an extra $50/night. We were directed to our suite….on the Third Floor. What? Keep in mind, the actual hotel rooms begin on the 6th floor. So….our room was literally a dungeon. It was massive, but completely unfurnished, pitch dark, and reeked of frat party. Around one corner was a half window that looked out on a wall about 8" away. It was, without exception, the most horrific hotel room I have ever experienced (and I stayed in some scary places as a broke young traveler many moons ago). I have no idea what we did to Amy to have her place us in the worst room in the hotel (I have worked at hotels - you do NOT put people you like in rooms on the first floor), but after 30 minutes in that room, we were both near-suicidal and went back to the front desk to ask to be moved.

Second trip to the front desk! We were waited on by a young man this time…when I mentioned the many and varied horrors of the room we had been assigned, he initially argued with me. You see, we had requested a smoking room, so we deserved to be in a smelly pit, it seems. I mentioned how we had just moved from the Bellagio, where we also had a smoking room that smelled fresh as a daisy, so no, it was not the smell of smoke that bothered us, it was the concentrated smell of cheap booze, vomit, and other unmentionable things. I had to actually request that the clerk stop snipping at me and be polite. At this point, I don't know what happened (maybe he remembered his humanity?) but it was like a switch was flipped, and he looked up and said "OK, I'm going to upgrade you to a Piazza Suite on the 29th floor, free of charge."

The Piazza suite was gorgeous, truly. Lovely view, very clean, brand new furniture, jetted tub, etc. What a difference. Having been assigned this suite was the only good thing about our visit to the Venetian.

The rest of our stay was a whirlwind of unfriendly staff, attempts at extorting even more money out of us ($28/day for what? ONE free coffee, a newspaper that you have to walk approx. a mile to get, and wifi, which is free even at a Motel 6?), and cheap toiletries.

On our way out the door to the airport, the Venetian had one last surprise in store for me! I had saved out the complimentary "dental set" so that I could brush my teeth last thing before we left for a long flight home. I pulled the toothbrush out of the cardboard box and almost…ALMOST used it, but at the last second, I felt something odd on the handle and looked down to see it smeared with someone else's old toothpaste, the bristles splayed and dirty. Yes, there was a used toothbrush boxed up and presented as new in my Venetian bathroom.

Ultimately, I found the entire experience of staying at the Venetian strange - the staff immediately establish a relationship of conflict with the guests, and the entire hotel has an air of just not caring anymore, if it once did.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
20 Thank JTKelly77
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for apprising me of the difficulties you encountered when you stayed with us at The Venetian. I am quite appalled at the service that was extended to you, and I would like to assure you that the experiences you encountered are clearly not the standards that we have in place. We endeavor to provide genuine and caring service that goes above and beyond our guest's expectations, so I am truly sorry that this was not your experience. We do not ever assign suites that are not to our guest's liking because of personal vendettas, and I can assure you that there is an explanation to your initial suite assignment besides the one that you have mentioned. Also, an expectancy of gratuity and the behavior you described are not not condoned at The Venetian, and I will see to it that any actions that may be perceived as such are reviewed.

As you may know, TripAdvisor is not linked to your reservation, so there is no way for me to reach out to you directly. I do invite you to please be in touch with my Guest Relations Manager who will be reaching out to you via TripAdvisor, so that we may gather details of your stay. It is my sincere hope to address your concerns and to ensure that our standards, and your expectations, are exceeded.

Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We just returned from 5 nights at the Venetian, our second stay there. The room was even better than the last time, with a view of the pool below and updated amenities. The service from beginning to end was excellent from all areas. The location is perfect, we were close to the shows we attended, the shopping and dining options. We tried another hotel 2 months ago and were very disappointed. We will definitely return to the Venetian.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Paige P
Dear Guest,

The continued return of a loyal guest is the highest honor that we can earn and I thank you for bestowing this upon The Palazzo. Thank you for your feedback and continued loyalty. Thank you again, and I look forward to exceeding your expectations for many trips to come.

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed for 3 nights over weekend 4 to 7 April.
Arrived later on in the evening but no problem finding a parking space. Hotel is massive and initially had to ask security where the check-in desk was as wasn't clear.

Check-in took a bit longer than expected. Despite confirmation from the hotel that two booking were linked as we originally were only going to stay two nights, when we arrived they had no record of this. Then checked the second reservation to find a note. They then proceeded to take full payment from my card again (without my knowledge at this point). At check-out, the person was having to work out what and why the check-in person had done what they did and refunded the double payment... Anyway no harm done in the end but they really should tell you what they are taking off your card at time of check-in. I even went down the following day to query and the woman said that NOTHING had been taken... Also requested a bottle opener as there was not one in the room... I was told to call from my phone!!!!... The service from this point of view was lacking.

The foyer, casino, room and hotel in general is immaculate and when we arrived at our room through security check (which was a nice touch) we did get the 'wow' factor. We only booked the basic suite, however this was beyond our expectations and had a nice view of the strip on a reasonably high floor.

So much to do in Vegas that we did not have time to go in the pool, however the pool area looked great and again with a security check.

Overall the property is wonderful and all I would recommend is a fridge in the room to make it a all round excellent choice in Vegas.

Also would say that the resort fee is a bit of a joke, includes - "one free coffee" - yeah, for your ENTIRE stay... well if that is the case it should not be part of the "resort fee"... I paid 3xresort fees for 3 nights so one would expect 3x"one free coffee".

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing The Venetian as your host during your recent travels to Las Vegas. Although there were aspects of your stay that you truly enjoyed, I am disappointed that we failed to exceed all of your expectations. I apologize about the lack of efficient service that you experienced during your check-in and check-out. Providing unmatched individualized service is a hallmark of our standards here at the resort, and I am disheartened that you did not experience this consistently throughout your stay. I have also paid close attention to your resort fee suggestions, and please know that we give importance in the feedback of our guests. Thank you for allowing us an opportunity to review our services and amenities.

Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

West Sussex
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The Venetian is vast & opulent!! You'll need a good sense of direction to find your way around at first.
Room - enormous & spotless. TVs in lounge, bedroom and bathroom, most comfy beds & bath ever :) Don't touch anything in the mini-bar! Even moving something to put a bottle of water in triggers a charge. However, if this happens, Reception will refund with no problem. No tea & coffee facililites of course: they want you downstairs in the coffee shops and casino. Take a travel kettle instead.
Reception - incredibly efficient
Food - recommend breakfast from the pizza place in the casino food hall. $10 for 4 items (each the size of a normal breakfast!) & coffee and the Mexican restaurant on the "canal" next to the Oxygen Bar.
Pools - unless you wear heels with your bikini & like loud distorted music, walk on to the the next set of pools which are prettier and quieter.
Theatre - spacious & comfortable. Rock of Ages very cheesy but good fun!

Room Tip: You can ask for a room with a view of the Strip but it'll cost you
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Prizewinner64
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for recognizing the beauty and unsurpassed services and accommodations of The Venetian. We take great pride in our suites and the amenities that they have to offer as well as the gracious service that is extended by my team. I am happy that you were able to experience the remarkable ambiance of The Venetian, and it was a true pleasure having you at our resort. I do hope you will choose The Venetian once again, and I look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful visit.