“Fab Hotel”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed at the Venetian for our Wedding - we loved the hotel & had a great week in LV.
We dined in the Grand Lux Cafe on a few occasions & the food was superb.
Our room was lovely, but we would have appreciated in-suite tea/coffee making facilities.
I think we were lucky, but there was no queue at check-in or check-out & the service was good.
We used the valet parking & had no problems with this. The car arrived at the front entrance within 10 mins on each occasion.
Great hotel, highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your recent nuptials! I am humbled that you chose The Venetian as your honeymoon destination and am quite pleased that you enjoyed every facet of your stay. What a beautiful way to start your life together! I do hope you will return to The Venetian again soon, and I wish you and your new spouse a lifetime of happiness.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed April 21 for 5 nights. Hotel is beautiful, rooms are great size. Took a 12 and 15 year old which is why we chose the Venetian for the room size for our first trip ever to Las Vegas. (kids had a great time, there is truly plenty for kids this age in Vegas - it was a family theme, not adult theme this time). True to other reviewers, that pull out bed is very uncomfortable and only a twin size. Room was stunning overlooking strip and could see the volcano show at the Mirage every night (21st floor). We assumed it was because we were there for an extended stay as the reason, housekeeping was very late every day. Always after 4pm. Most days closer to 5/6pm. Bathroom Rug disappeared on day 2 and was never replaced. It's true you could easily stay in the hotel complex and never leave! So many restaurants I wanted to try, so many items on the menu at Cafe Lux I wanted to try but just not enough time!!! Cafe Lux was great for the kids however the smell of smoke in the 'outside the restaurant' area was an issue (dinner time, wasn't an issue in the mornings) Choose 'inside' if you are sensitive to smoke or the Cafe Lux at the Palazzo. We loved how uncrowded it was Monday thru Thursday noon time then it started to get really crowded and the kids did not have as much free reign as they had the first few days (minors on the casino level floor). Whereas they were able to go get a gelatto, snack etc without us, or leave a restaurant before us and go back to the room - elevator security stopped them during the weekend that they needed to be with an adult at any time on the first floor. Odd since hotel lobby to room elevators involves walking outside casino area. We were able to use the pool on the 10th floor and on the one gorgeous day we had, needed to go to the Palazzo pool as no lounges available at Venetian side...Palazzo pool was very relaxing which is what we were looking for anyway! Further impressed with the cleanliness, friendliness of staff and overall beauty of the resort. Finally, if I never hear "Don't Stop Believing" again, it will be fine with me as the elevators seem to be weight sensored and start it up each time you enter an empty elevator! I really think the Rock of Ages advertising should mix up the tunes in the elevator!!! Finally, based on info from fellow Trip Advisors, I packed a 4 cup coffee maker and took non refrigerated creamers, travel mugs, and ground coffee and filters in my luggage! A return trip to Vegas, if I was there over a weekend, I'd probably stay at the Palazzo as it just seemed calmer/quieter.

Room Tip: Strip facing you can see/hear the volcano show at Mirage (stops at 11pm).
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PKWGMichigan

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing The Venetian and for taking the time to leave us with your feedback; both positive and valued suggestions. I am thrilled that you and your two children were able to stay with us, and that you found so many aspects of your stay wonderful. It is truly important that our guests have a fun-filled time while they are here, so I am delighted that you experienced just that. Thank you again for your feedback, and I do hope to welcome you back, whether it be the Venetian or Palazzo, in the future.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Loved the size of the suites, very spacious and comfortable. Also enjoyed lounging by the pool. The only thing I did not like was how FAR my room was from the convention area, it felt like everyday I had to walk a "mile" to get to the conference rooms.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review and your patronage of The Venetian. I am delighted that you loved your suite and the relaxing ambiance of our pools. Based on the long walks that the review described, you must have stayed in our Venezia tower. The Venezia is designed to provide a more secluded, quiet and restful experience; therefore, it is more removed from the hustle and bustle of the main casino floor and resort. I am disheartened to hear that you did not bring the discontent with your suite location to our attention while you were here on property, as we would have made every attempt to relocate you to a suite in our main Venetian tower. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the long walks and do recommend either The Palazzo or Venetian for your next visit. Thank you again for your patronage, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

-Lovely hotel, beautiful surroundings, excellent restaurants, great shopping

-But, strange check-in receptionist who speed-talked. I had to ask her to repeat everything. She offered a "room upgrade with a view of the strip" for $45/night for each of our 4 nights. I promptly replied "An upgrade for $180? No thanks"
-Also, extremely smoky casino - buy some air exchangers you cheapos!
-And, totally jam-packed pool seating. Why are all hotels designed with such a pittance of chairs?

-Lastly, We all know taxis take the long way to and from the airport. But my driver also took my credit card and added extra tip... TIP: Pay cash whenever possible for anything while traveling

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EddieSixtyNine

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am humbled that you chose The Venetian as your Las Vegas destination!

I appreciate your candid feedback regarding your most recent visit. Although there were many points of your stay that you enjoyed thoroughly, I am truly disappointed that you were imposed with dishonesty from the taxi services in our city. I will investigate this further to ensure that it is addressed appropriately. I do apologize also for the hastiness in your check-in process as well as the lack of proper filtration in our casinos and the overcrowding of our pools. With the summer season in full swing, our 11 pools tend to attract a lot of attention. I do appreciate your suggestion for additional chairs and will look into this further.

Your feedback will most definitely assist us in ensuring that we increase our diligent strides in ensuring that our guests are granted experiences that are consistently worth five stars.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Last year I attended a business conference in Macau which was held at the Venetian. I was so impressed with this hotel that when I needed to book accommodation for a family vacation which incorporated Las Vegas, the decision to book the Venetian seemed like a no brainer.

I booked the Rialto Suite for my wife and 8 year old daughter for 3 nights in April 2014.

Unfortunately what I had encountered in Vegas was not at the same standard as their Macau property. The suite we received was tired and in need of refurbishment. The lounge suite was fraying, the carpet had stains and marks, the bench seat at the end of one of the beds was cracked which rendered it useless for fear of completely destroying it and being charged for it.

The other thing I noticed (did not notice this in Macau) is that the walls were paper thin, we could clearly hear the neighbours and people walking and talking in the hallway.

Overall, we were very disappointed. The cost did not represent what we received and I would not book the Venetian again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room/suite away from the lifts. If you want the use of a fridge (can't remove mini ba...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank canison

Dear Guest,

Thank you for not only choosing The Venetian as your resort of choice for your recent visit but also for your previous patronage of our property in Macau. We endeavor to provide remarkable experiences throughout all of our properties, both in the US and overseas, and it is truly disheartening to know that you were not pleased with the Venetian. Thank you so much for your review, and for the honest feedback you have provided our valued travelers on TripAdvisor.

As you may know, TripAdvisor is not linked to your reservation, so there is no way for me to reach out to you directly. I do invite you to please be in touch with my Guest Relations Manager who will be reaching out to you via TripAdvisor, so that we may gather details of your stay. It is my sincere hope to address your concerns and to ensure that our standards, and your expectations, are exceeded.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed at the Venetian for a work conference. It is a beautiful property and I have been there many times before but this was the first time I had the opportunity to stay in the hotel. The hotel room was amazing as well as the service. I absolutely loved the Rock of Ages show and Bourbon Room. I also really loved the breakfasts at the Grand Luxe Cafe. OVerall a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. Thank you for sharing your experience and compliments of our suites, restaurants and entertainment options such as Rock of Ages. What a delight to know you had a great time at the show! We have a wide array of entertainment and dining options on property, and I am happy that you were able to experience a few of them.

Thank you again, and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel and absolutely loved it. From check in to check out, our stay was relaxing and fun. There are plenty of shops (I walked for 1 1/2 hours and never saw them all!) and more than enough places to eat! It is situated across from the MGM - volcano show nightly. Perfect location on the Strip to see all the sites! We highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: All rooms are suites - so you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience on TripAdvisor regarding your past stay with us. I am pleased to read that The Venetian exceeded your expectations and provided you with unmatched experiences. Please know that your recommendation of The Venetian is extremely valued, and we look forward to always being your resort of choice.

We hope to welcome you back soon.