“Beautiful Hotel - But would still stay at the PH over Venetian” 5 of 5 bubbles

Venetian Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #9 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Beautiful Hotel - But would still stay at the PH over Venetian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

So of course the Venetian is going to be a beautiful hotel. We stayed the weekend of May 1st. All the rooms are suites. They have a huge seating area with couches (which was sofa bed) and table and chairs. So you can have friends in your room and they are not sitting on your bed. Bathroom...Ladies you will LOVE IT. Huge tub with separate shower, two sinks, a full vanity. Some rooms even come with a TV in the bathroom. Why I don't know. Everyone was friendly and helpful.

The Con - our room was super far. It seriously took ten minutes to get to the main lobby area where the casino is and all the restaurants. We had to take two elevators to get to our room. So if you had to meet people you literally have to factor in the ten minute walk.

TAO food was amazing!! The bar when you come in the bar staff super friendly and helpful. The club portion well it was fun but they over-packed one night and I understand that it was a the Mayweather Fight Weekend...but it is bad when you have to literally fight to get out the club.

Second stay in Vegas and as much as I liked the Venetian I would stay at PH (Planet Hollywood with Mile Mall inside).

Room Tip: Try and ask for a close room to the lobby.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michie30
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us after your Venetian visit. It is definitely within the intricate, personalized details that make experiences here unique, and we are so glad that you were able to experience the charm of Italy right here in Las Vegas. Based on the long walks that the review described, you must have stayed in our Venezia tower. The Venezia is designed to provide a more secluded, quiet and restful experience; therefore, it is more removed from the hustle and bustle of the main casino floor and resort. I am disheartened to hear that you did not bring the discontent with your suite location to our attention while you were here on property, as we would have made every attempt to relocate you to a suite in our main Venetian tower.

I do hope that you will allow us to host you again as we look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian in the near future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,550)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

12 th trip to vegas and decided to stay at the Venetian.What a mistake.Compared to the Wynn ,Mandarin,Bellagio or Vedara it does not cut it.Long waits at restaurants,suites dark and dingy,and housekeeping can come from 9 or 5pm to do your rooms.Hotel will charge you for everthing they can for average service.
Wont be back here

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ald59
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candidness through your review, and thank you for choosing The Venetian as your host during your most recent visit. We take great pride in our suites, the ambiance of our resort as well as the service that we have in place. It seems that we fell short of the expectations you so rightfully have of us, and I am truly sorry. Although there are no excuses for a less than stellar experience, I would like to gather more details so that I may get to the bottom of why these all occurred. As you know, TripAdvisor reviews are not linked to your reservation and therefore I cannot easily find a way to contact you; however, I encourage you to be in touch with my Guest Relations team, who will be contacting you directly, so that I may look into this further.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Nice, enormous property at the north end of the strip. All rooms are suites. No coffee maker in the room (common for Vegas). Hotel will provide a kettle for a $5 delivery fee.

Great breakfast/brunch on-site at Bouchon. A large Walgreen's store is attached (between Venetian and Palazzo) and has a decent selection of beer, wine, and liquor, in addition to normal drug store products.

Expect long waits (30 minutes) at the taxi stand on Saturday evenings.

Tables in the casino were usually at least $15 minimum bet. Best Western Casino Royale next door has $5 tables.

Large pool area with plenty of chairs available, at least in April. Probably gets more crowded in summer.

IHG Rewards Club members - Venetian is an IHG property, so IHG points can be redeemed and earned (though only 2,000 pts per stay) during your stay. This wasn't obvious from the hotel's main website.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank longhorn_mike
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your patronage and feedback! Providing unmatched experiences are hallmarks of our property, and I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay. I am also very appreciative of the tips and suggestions that you have provided. I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again, so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards and opulent accommodations.

Reno
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Of course it is an excellent property. Heres the kick. If your room is comped, don't expect a great room or service. I've stayed at the hotel several times. It went from excellent to so so when my rooms started getting comped. So if you're a paying customer, you should expect the best! Great service, great rooms, etc. Other than that. its the Venetian.. Common. IT is beautiful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gina A
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian and for taking the time to share your candid feedback regarding your most recent visit. It is truly regretful that we did not exceed your expectations in a few areas of your stay. Regardless if a suite is comped or paid, we are expected to provide top of the line services, and I am very sorry that this was not your experience. Your feedback will most definitely assist us in ensuring that we increase our diligent strides in ensuring that our guests are granted experiences that are consistently worth five stars.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

An amazing hotel, which was fantastic value for money. We had a room overlooking the strip. Our room was huge & very clean. The hotels mid strip position was perfect for exploring both ways & I could even watching the Treasure Island boat dhow from our window! The pools were immaculate and all staff we encountered during our stay we're very helpful. The gondola ride was fun too :) we would defiantly return!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank K H
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure hosting you during your recent trip to Las Vegas! I am so glad that you were able to enjoy your time with us. Your sentiments are wonderful, and I am delighted that you had a wonderful pool experience and gondola ride. Thank you again, and I am excited to welcome you back soon.

New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I booked my room through Priceline and was happy with the deal I got over advertised rates. The hotel was everything that was promised - grand hotel, large suites and a comfortable bed. I stayed in the Venetian Tower, and while it was a bit of a walk to get to my room, I didn't need to walk through the smokey casino to get there and it was really quiet.
There's so much to see in the Venetian - from the beautiful ceiling artwork, shops, pools, restaurants and Italian recreations. St Marks square is just beautiful for sitting back and enjoying a meal. I loved my meal at Ottos! And for breakfasts - you couldn't beat Bouchons.
I would definitely recommend this hotel - and it's a pretty good location too. Right in between the two strip shopping malls.
My only complaint was trying to get a late check out due to a late flight. I had to ask three separate staff members to get a check out that was two hours later.

Room Tip: If you don't mind a bit of a walk the Venetian Tower was a nice quiet option.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

What a joy to read such a glowing review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me. I am glad that I have had the opportunity to learn about your recent stay, and it is such a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed your suite, the restaurants and the artwork and ambiance of The Venetian. I do want to apologize for the miscommunication with your late checkout request.

It is wonderful that you were introduced to The Venetian by Priceline, and as a recommendation for your return visit, I invite you to book with us direct and to join our hotel loyalty program, Grazie. With an exclusive membership, you are able to take advantage of members-only benefits including exclusive discounted rates for your future stay with us.

I am grateful for your kind words, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in January 2013 and just thought the hotel was incredible. Our room/suite was beautiful, with 2 queen beds, settee area and bathroom/changing area - it was just lovely being in the room without even venturing out to the best part of Vegas which is right on your doorstep. Talking of which, Vegas is definitely somewhere to visit at least once in your lifetime - it is like a Disney for Adults. I couldn't stop smiling at the mini Venice that they had created on the 3rd floor, with real life-size gondolas - absolutely brilliant! Having been to Venice a few times (and loving the place), it just made me smile seeing a small sanitised version on the 3rd floor of a hotel - very funny - but strangely very well done (in a Disney-like way) , and there are even opera singers who seem to make an appearance every hour - you couldn't make it up!

Just loved the place - and would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the review that you have shared with us on TripAdvisor, and thank you for allowing us an opportunity to host you. I am so glad that you had a great time, and I am pleased that you got to witness the beautiful gondolas gliding through our beautiful indoor canals. It was a pleasure hosting you, and we hope to welcome you back to The Venetian again soon.