“Awesome”

GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, Washington
“Awesome”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband went here last year for his bday he really wanted to stay here but with the prices I wasn't sure but I kept looking at the prices and got a great deal so we moved from Hilton to here not because anything was wrong with hilton just wanted the experience of staying at the Venetian ohhhh my was it just soooo beautiful we were in awwww felt like king n queen. We went to the club n few restaurants in there,was all perfect enjoyed every meal n dancing n relaxing all same place. So in love with this place thank you Vegas

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Larisha J
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Larisha J,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you and your husband for his special birthday celebration! I am pleased that The Venetian was able to enhance and contribute to your celebration. Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor, and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you and your family during future special occasions.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,684)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
England
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Having not been to Las Vegas for 12 years & having visited The Venetian before when it had only recently opened, we were very much looking forward to our stay there in June, but unfortunately we won’t be returning again.
Firstly the good: The hotel is still very impressive as a resort with its Rialto Bridge, Campanile tower & Grand Canal (although what real gondoliers would make of propeller driven gondolas with seat belts I’m not quite sure?) & the Vatican ceiling in the foyer is something else; the staff were universally polite, friendly & helpful & a credit to the hotel; the casino is light & airy compared to many others on the strip; the rooms (suites) are excellent with beautiful bathrooms & split level living; it has a great location on the Strip.

So it has all the ingredients for a great stay. So what was our problem? In a word ‘Yoof’ They seem to have given up wishing to attract us more mature types & are targeting the 18 – 30 market.
One of the swimming pools is now given over to a ‘day club’ called Tao & when we were there we were treated to thumping music from 11AM till about 7PM. We were on a very high floor but the noise certainly precluded an afternoon nap. Also our visit unbeknownst to us coincided with something called the ‘Electric Daisy Carnival’ which meant Las Vegas was crowded with people who often looked no older than 16. The check-in area of The Venetian looked like a high school reunion & most of the ‘luggage’ were crates of beer. We were horrified.

Luckily we were checking out when they were checking in, which is just as well as the room beside us had about 6 young people in it & the noise was awful. We were speaking candidly to one of their very nice staff, who said that was nothing, in another room there were about 12! When we asked why didn’t they do something about it he said they’d told the hotels security & nothing much happened. He also said that this happened often on any week-end!
So this is why we won’t be returning. You pay a lot of money to stay in this hotel & I wouldn’t risk paying it again for this to happen again.

So sadly, bye-bye Venetian. Let us know when it’s safe to come back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear JohnieEnglish,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian and for taking the time to share your feedback. Although you were satisfied with your accommodations and overall resort experience, I am concerned that failed to exceed your expectations, so I would like to reach out to you to gather more details of your visit. Please be in touch with my Guest Relations team, who will be contacting you directly, so that I may have the opportunity to address the concerns that you have apprised us. I look forward to an opportunity of exceeding your expectations in the future.

Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas was one of the most outstanding visits ever. The room was spacious including a sitting area with a large sofa, the bed was like sleeping on pillows of feathers, and the in-room dining Superior with stellar service. This is a beautiful hotel and casino with so many attractions and exciting events. We loved our visit and will return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear dreamofcitylights,

Thank you so much for letting us know that your experience at The Venetian was one of the most outstanding visits you have ever had! That is a wonderful compliment, and I thank you for your high recommendation and adoration for our property. I am delighted that you had a wonderful time and were able to feel right at home. I hope to welcome you back again soon as it would be an honor to host you again.

Greater Noida, India
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Amazing hotel.. We spent 4 nights in this spectacular hotel. The hotel impresses you with the beautiful entrance, the lobby, the casino area, the swimming pool (2 in number), and the canal inside the hotel. The roof paintings are massive and are an instant hit.
My kids ( 11 and 5 year old) had a wonderful time.
You should prefer venetian king suite, instead of the palazzo, for easier access and view.
There is a CVS store also at the hotel, which is added advantage.
The only thing missing is the coffee maker in rooms.

Room Tip: Higher floor, prefer the venetian room as the access from lobby is easier, also access to the street...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Soniavs,

We here at The Venetian | The Palazzo carry a passionate drive to provide our guests, from all walks of life - parents and children, with an experience that will provide them with unforgettable memories that will last a lifetime. I am elated that you found the Walgreens a convenience for your visit as they are a spectacular addition to our resort. I am grateful that my team made you and your children feel welcomed and right at home.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Palazzo.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Venetian is a beautiful but a huge hotel. Our first day, we got lost on our way to the room. The hotel itself is very clean and quite glamorous. One thing to do at this hotel is to visit the Grand Canal Shoppe. You find good priced food there in the food court and the gondola ride is an absolute must. The hotel casino is not as big as Caesar's palace or the Bellagio but it is sufficient. The Grand Lux Cafe is amazing for a full breakfast but apart from one day every other day we opted for a coffee and some bagels at the ground floor coffee shop...This hotel is great depending on what you want to do in your trip. Caesar's palace and bellagio offer good options as well but if i was to go to Vegas again then i would probably stay at Caesar's palace due to the size of its casino...

Room Tip: Rooms with view come at a premium, we had a 27th floor room with little or no view so my suggestion...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ketanparikh78
Dear Ketanparikh78,

Our resort is truly an experience in it of itself, and I am so glad that you were able to enjoy your experience at The Grand Canal Shoppes as well. It was our pleasure hosting you, and I look forward to welcoming you back for many more trips in the future. I truly do hope you consider The Venetian again.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I travel to Las Vegas at least once a year. My last trip was the first time I stayed at The Venetian. I loved it! I've stayed at several other hotels on the Strip and this is one of the best. Great rooms. Great Casino. Great nightlife. Great Shopping.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear SunnyDeSha,

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay at The Venetian. I am so pleased that we are one of your favorite resorts in Las Vegas. Our resort is definitely a unique place with a wide array of amenities and activities. I am so glad you were able to experience what The Venetian has to offer.

I hope you consider The Venetian again for your future travels to Las Vegas. It would be an honor to host you again.

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel was amazing although a bit over the top from our usual hotel, but thats Vegas, we had a suite on the 32nd floor with a large bathroom 3 TVs including one in the bathroom. We had a spectacular view of the pools with remote controlled blinds and curtains. The room was really clean and they even provided a make up mirror that lit up. We visited quite a few restaurants they were all excellent. When we arrived we decided to go and see Rock Of Ages it was brilliant and although we had booked seats quite a way back the lovely lady put us in seats 8 rows back. We stayed for three nights but wish it could have been longer. We went to the grand Canyon while we were there and it was amazing. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone. I have to say though , I would not recommend Vegas to young families.

Room Tip: We had a brilliant view from the 32nd Floor, we never had to wait long for a lift
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dreamer63_10
Dear dreamer63_10,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience on TripAdvisor regarding your past stay with us. I am pleased to read that The Venetian exceeded your expectations and provided you with unmatched experiences. Rock of Ages is such a fun show indeed! Your feedback was a delight to read, and I thank you again.

We hope to welcome you back soon.