“Excellent hotel, but very big”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
“Excellent hotel, but very big”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed five nights at the Venetian. Since it is so warm in June, we appreciated the very big pool, and our son and daughter (22 & 24) enjoyed beach club atmosphere, incl loud music.

Nice rooms, nice gym and loads of restaurants to choose from. Great place, but perhaps on the verge of too big and impersonal.

Stayed June 2014
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Hawkeyex,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian for your recent five night stay. I am so happy that you enjoyed your getaway with us, and that your children were able to enjoy Tao Beach. Although we are indeed a large property, we strive to provide services and experiences that are still personalized and unforgettable. I do apologize if we may have missed this during your stay. We will ensure that we do not fall short in the future.

Thank you again, and I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to The Venetian in the future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,728)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have stayed at the Venetian several times, and have always enjoyed a great room with a really great housekeeping staff. Our latest stay concurred with an IT event that I attended and it is great to have access to the convention facilities without having to go outside (summer in Vegas, yikes!).

The front desk staff are highly professional and helpful, but sometimes can seem to be too methodical and sterilized. There is not much variance in their routine of checking in and out, and honestly while I've never made any special request of them, I have no doubt they and/or the concierge would be able to grant just about any request.

The rooms are starting to show their years, and based on the noises of refurbishments from the room above us, they are making updates presently. Some heavily worn sofa cushions and minor wallpaper peeling in the bathrooms are just small items, but noticeable. The rooms are neat (thanks to a really great housekeeping staff; tip these folks, please, they do a very good job).

The hotel is exceptionally clean and beautifully appointed. The restaurants are expensive but top grade. Facilities, such as the spa and the pool are very enjoyable and well maintained.

If I had to fault the Venetian/Pallazzo for anything, it's the incredibly annoying and aggressive sales tactics used by staff at some of the retail establishments in the shopping areas. It used to be so relaxing and enjoyable to stroll around the canal to window shop and watch the gondolas glide past. That is what made the Venetian a wonderful and even romantic place to stay; unique to Vegas as it was actually a relaxing experience. Now, if you don't have a quick, purposeful stride or use some of the other pedestrians to run interference for you, you will be accosted by some of these salespeople that will attempt to give you "free" products such as cosmetics or show tickets and lure you to your doom. If you say no thanks, or try to ignore them, you will be verbally insulted. I understand that these staff members and retail establishments do NOT work for the hotel and simply rent facilities there, so it has really nothing to do with the hotel at all. This is by no means unique to the Venetian and can be found all over Las Vegas, but the practice has substantially escalated recently and severely diminished the enjoyment of the canal stroll.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TurboXenu
Dear TurboXenu,

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay at The Venetian. I am so pleased that you had a first class experience and were impressed with your stay. Our resort is definitely a unique place with a wide array of amenities and activities. I am so glad you were able to experience what The Venetian has to offer.

I do also want to take a moment to apologize for the experience you encountered at our shoppes. The Grand Canal Shoppes are not owned or operated by The Venetian | The Palazzo, so although I cannot speak on their behalf, I apologize for the stress that this experience caused you. I know that their management are always looking for ways to improve our mutual guests experiences, so I will be sure to share your concerns.

I am pleased that this mishap did not dampen your spirit or take away from the other aspects of your stay that exceeded your expectations. I hope to have the privilege of serving you on many more visits to The Venetian in the near future.

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We arrived late on a Sunday to find our initial rooms (2 Bella suites as there was 6 of us) were not available. We were told that we were going to be upgraded to the "Renaissance Suite". I had looked up the rooms before so I knew what we were in for. WOW!!!!!! That's all I can say. The service and professionalism by the staff was second to none. They even extended our checkout time until 8:00pm as our flight left late. Can't say enough great things about this hotel. We did a lot of walking and checked out other resorts... can honestly say that the Venetian is one of the most spacious and gorgeous places to stay on the strip. Looking forward to my next trip back!

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be great (spacious and ornate). I don't think you can go wrong!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nick A
Dear Nick A,

What a pleasure it was hosting you! Thank you for allowing The Venetian to share in your Las Vegas experience. I am delighted that you loved your Renaissance Suite, and that you were all able to revel in luxury and comfort. I am quite proud of my team for their genuine and caring guest service, and I am grateful for your testament in their commitment. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback, and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian in the future.

Marion, Illinois
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I just got back from a trip to Vegas and we stayed at The Venetian for 4 nights. The hotel is very impressive and the check-in process was extremely efficient. I would say that, for the most part, every employee we encountered was very nice and helpful throughout the hotel/casino.

The Room: Clean and spacious. We paid for an upgrade at booking and were satisfied when we walked through the door. That said, I do have a couple of small issues that I will point out. The bathroom was good-sized but the shower was a small cube in the corner and was a downside as we never used the bath tub. It (shower) was small enough that you could not get out of the spray to suds up. Basically you needed to turn the water off to get all soapy then kick the water back on to rinse off. Another thing I noticed, in the room, was a lack of plug ins. One of the outlets by the bed did not work so I had to unplug the room phone to use that outlet. By night two, the room phone battery was draining so an alarm was going off and so it had to be plugged back in. Basically, I had to use an outlet on the other side of the room for my phone. On the up side...the bed was comfortable and that is the most important thing to me on vacation so all was not lost. Also, we were on the 9th floor and were pleasantly surprised at the noise level. My biggest fear was getting in a hallway, or next to a room, full of partyers but we had none of that so that was a plus too.

The Casino: The Venetian has an ample gaming area but we did not gamble at the casino so I can't say much more than that. I felt like they did a good job and keeping it from being smokey but we weren't really in the area but to walk through going here and there so take it for what it's worth...

The Hotel: The Venetian is an impressively built hotel with a lot to look at and a lot to see but it's like a maze once you walk in. I can't count the number of times we got frustrated simply trying to navigate the facility. There seemed to be so many twists and turns that we never really did get the lay of the land by the time we checked out.

The Location: In my opinion, the Venetian is a little bit north of being convenient so be prepared to walk quite a bit.

All in all, the room was nice but the layout and location of the hotel will prevent us from going back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear arichart,

Thank you so much for not only choosing The Venetian as your host during your recent four night Las Vegas experience but for also providing us invaluable insight on the aspects of your stay that went superbly and the areas in which we could improve upon. I am delighted that you found our property impressive, and that my team provided you with helpful service.

I am grateful for your suggestions regarding our suites. Because we pride ourselves on our accommodations, we are always seeking opportunities to improve. You are indeed correct. Our resort is quite large. In fact, we are the largest five diamond resort in the world. This provides our guests many benefits, but I do understand the frustration of not being able to efficiently navigate such a large property. I am so sorry if my team was not able to assist you, but I can assure you that should you need assistance with directions in the future, my team is ready and able to provide that to you.

Thank you so much again, and I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to The Venetian in the future.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Venetian is definitely my most preferred hotel resort in Vegas. The rooms are all beautiful, the service is excellent and all the amenities as well. I plan to come back here quite often. I would say the only area I think could use some minor improvements is the casino, as it feels quite small and not very engaging.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear MJuzzy,

Thank you so much for making The Venetian your preferred hotel and resort in Las Vegas! There are so many hotel options to choose from on the famed Las Vegas Strip, so it is always with great delight and sheer joy to know that we are a favorite.

I also truly appreciate your comments regarding our casino. We are always open to suggestions as we endeavor to provide experiences that are truly superior.

Thank you again for your kind feedback, and I look forward to exceeding your expectations again in the very near future.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was at the Venetian in December 2013. (My second visit after 2011)
I would easily rate it as the cleanest, sparkling most hotel of Vegas!
I just love the freshening sprays, they use.

They used to sell it, but unfortunately this time around they made it for hotel use only :(.

The bathrooms are huge and clean. It is about 15 years old? But, very well maintained!

The exteriors of the hotel with a Venice like ambience, but in winters it was called ' winter in Venice'. Acrobatic shows were held for free and it was quite a site.

No complains for the hotel, just an Indian restaurant within the premises would be loved!

And, theRoyal Ambassador's lounge could use some better food options!

PS- we got our boarding cards from the Lounge. Our flight was late by two hours and the lady did not inform us. So, we could do nothing and waste time at McCarran

Room Tip: Its an all suite room, I believe. The pool is not the best view. You might want to ask for a 'ci...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Z R,

Thank you so much for choosing The Palazzo and for taking the time to share insightful suggestions on how to even better The Palazzo experience. Your suggestions are truly wonderful, and I am delighted that you had an excellent time with us. I am elated that you have enjoyed the magic and wonder of Winter in Venice. I am confident that we will once again exceed your expectations.

Antwerp Province, Belgium
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I actually stayed here during September 2012.
My mother already stayed here in 2009 and she was extremely positive about the Venetian as well.

The Venetian is a giant hotel with everything you could wish for.
The rooms are big and spacious, the bathroom is a dream and the Grand Lux Café has great food and breakfast.

Very nice location. My only concern that we wanted to book again this year, but the stay has become significantly more expensive.

Room Tip: The Bella towers give you access to another swimming pool which is beautiful, super relaxing and qui...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends