“Great place”

GreenLeadersGold level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great place”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Venetian is clean and very comfortable. Our suite was big and nice with a huge bathroom. The staff was so polite and accommodating. We enjoyed lounging by the beautiful pools. The shops and eateries were convenient and varied. We would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: The side with the view of the strip from the large window is really nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tari S
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Tari S,

Thank you for your positively delightful review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you had a fantastic time with us. Your praises and loyalty of The Venetian are wonderful compliments, and I very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,689)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I regret not having written this review sooner, as my wife and I often remember fondly our stay at the Venetian in Nov 2013.

The suite we stayed in was multi-level, upscale and very tastefully decorated. I loved waking up early morning, throwing open the blinds, sitting on the couch reading and enjoying the sun rising.

The pillow-top mattresses they use at the Venetian is simply the most comfortable bed we've ever slept in. Apparently they get a lot of people asking about the mattress because on the nightstand they had a small sign indicating where you could buy the same mattress. We copied this info down and did indeed buy our own Venetian pillow-top mattress for our home. $1800 for heavenly sleeping every night, absolutely worth it!

As others have mentioned, the Venetian itself is a lovely hotel, and nicely located. It is certainly on the pricy side, but well worth the cost.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear tritium_pie,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed your opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas Strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian has some of the best amenities- including the divine bed. I'm so glad you were able to get one for your own home.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian many times in the future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed on a non-smoking floor and yet our room reeked of cigarette smoke. Smoke continued to filter through the vents. In fact, it became so difficult to breathe the hotel had to provide an air purifier. The room itself was worn and unclean, stains on the doors and walls. The couch had cigarette holes also. Definitely not a luxury resort. The casino is very disappointing in its ambience. Definitely not high-class. If you want comfort, class and style, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
Green Features: Not immediately clear. Did not seem to enhance the experience.
7 Thank ashia
Dear ashia,

Thank you so much for choosing The Venetian and for taking the time to advise us of the issues that you encountered during your stay. I am highly disappointed that we underwhelmed you during your visit, and I would like to take a moment to sincerely apologize. I would like to gather a few more details of your stay including your reservation information, so that I may look into this further. I invite you to please be in touch with my Guest Relations Manager, who will be reaching out to you via TripAdvisor, so that we may address your concerns. Thank you so much, and I look forward to assisting you further.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 8 July 2014

"I have eaten rotten rolls off of room service trays in hotel hallways. I have. It's not a joke. This is my life." - Jerry Seinfeld

Excellent stay - 2nd time here and even though I left some blood on the poker tables, I will be back. Piggybacked on my wife's conference stay for a few days. It was my 9 yr old's 1st Vegas trip, so I decided to try to make it memorable:

Check-in was the only thing holding this back from a 5 star rating. Some confusion on corporate vs. personal credit cards left a 1K hold/charge on our personal credit card for several days, even when reversed. This would've been a bummer if we didn't have plenty of credit line. I think the front desk person was "new". Take note, 1st impressions COUNT, this could have ruined someones whole trip. Quick bite dinner at the Lobster place in the shopping area, pricey but excellent. Walk up espresso and pastries european style was inexpensive and spot on.

Rest was gravy... The grounds are beautiful and kept up well. All the rooms at at least suites w/ sunken living rooms, big bathrooms, lots of space to stretch out. High-end shopping, variety of dining options, a canal w/ gondolas and 20+ flavors of gelato! The Venezia tower is a bit of a trek from the main hotel (12 minutes from the casino floor), at least it has it's own pool.

The pool complex is fairly large, the huge main pool is busy with tons of people watching. Hot tub are peppered throughout. TAO Beach (European/topless) is steps away, cleverly camouflaged by jungle foliage. There is a pool near the spa, with it's own cabanas, a little more mellow. When staying at the Venetian you can also access the pools of the Palazzo.

Cabana - Grabbed a cabana near the main pool, service was great - it was really hot, like 107 most of the afternoon. Without a shaded base of operations, you really can't hang out there by the pool very long. TOTALLY worth it for the day, AC unit kept temp down 15-20 degrees. The 9 year old loved getting snacks & daiquiris brought to her like a little princess. The pool host even came out to the pool when we were swimming and brought us drinks.

Food & Libations - Bouchon was great, casino bartenders do a good job w/ my Manhattans... burger & pizza joint in the main hotel/casino area open 24/7 and were pretty good. You want MEAT? 4 steakhouses on prem. HEAVEN, plus a burger stuffed w/ foie gras, Grimaldi's pizza ... YUM!

We'll be back

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the MAIN hotel
Dear Kimo B,

What a pleasure it was hosting you and your family! Thank you for allowing The Venetian to share in your Las Vegas experience. I am delighted that you loved our suites, your pool experience as well as the fabulous amenities and activities on property. I do apologize for the slight mishap at the front desk but am relieved that this did not dampen your stay. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback, and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian in the future.

Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Venetian is in my opinion is one of best resort to stay in Vegas. Great service, huge rooms, great prices, great restaurants. Hugh selection of activity's. One of the best resort in Vegas. I never like the night clubs at the Venetian, but there was a little bar small and kind of private which I enjoyed. I wish I knew the name of it.

Room Tip: Always ask for a upgrade most of time they will accommodate you.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Howard L
Dear Howard L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor. I am particularly pleased that you recognized the many amenities and activities our resort has to offer. There are a few intimate bars throughout The Venetian and The Palazzo, but I am sure that during your next visit, we will be able to assist in finding out this particular bar's name.

Again, thank you for your encouraging review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next trip to Las Vegas.

Charleston, WV
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family stayed at the Venetian for a week. The suites are very large -- about 700sq feet with 2 queen beds, a large bathroom, and a nice-sized living room. The suites have 3 flat-screen tv's.

The hotel is very clean and quiet. The drapes in the living room close by remote control and keep the room very, very dark. There are six pools and an abundance of cots... wait staff came by with orange slices and cucumber slices to help people stay hydrated. Free water stations are around each pool. Other wait staff delivers drink orders from the bar.

We would definitely stay here in the future.

Dear TravelingEater,

I am find myself grateful for the candid spirit of your review as well for the praises that you have sung for The Venetian. Thank you so much for allowing us to host you. It delights me that you valued our impeccable suites as well as the wonderful pool experience you encountered, and that you will most certainly stay with us again. Your loyalty to our resort is valued, and I hope to welcome you back real soon.

nh
Reviewed 7 July 2014

First night in Vegas in 20+ years - lucked out that hotel was on newly redone floor that just opened. Hotel is not smoky around casinos. Staff were polite and informative. Love the elevator banks. Stayed at a competitor hotel the next night and did not come close in comparison.

Room Tip: Ask for redone floors - well worth the experience
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family