“Celebrated our 12th year anniversary with a luxurious room, fine dining, and a shopping spree”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 12th year anniversary, Vegas style. We had stayed at Palazzo a few years ago and we always reminisce how much fun we had. So we decided to vacation at the Venetian (sister resort). We were greeted with a warm smile from Christian at the front desk. He made us feel welcome and congratulated us for our anniversary. He even gave us a room with a better view (thank you Christian).
The room is magnificent (the layout is similar to the Palazzo). Very clean and spacious. It was a shame we didn't make use of the living area during our stay, since we weren't in our room much on this trip.
The Venetian has so many choices for dining. I have a separate TripAdvisor review for Zeffirino where we had our anniversary dinner. And the shopping, well...my wife couldn't get enough (my wallet could though...lol).
All in all, a very fun, exciting, and memorable 5 days in Vegas. Thank you Venetian for you hospitality.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk staff during check in.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear SamChristopher,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback and for the privilege of hosting you during your special 12th anniversary celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone. I am pleased that The Venetian was able to enhance and contribute to your celebration, and that we did not disappoint. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for many romantic trips in the future.

Cheers to another 12 years and even more!

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,685)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The Venetian Hotel is spectacular. The rooms are beautiful. The Venetian has spoiled us for life; that no other hotel could ever compare. The entire staff couldn't be more accommodating. Restaurants, stores, pools and gondolas all on site. You don't actually need to leave the premises. We celebrated our 40th Anniversary; and couldn't have picked a more perfect place to start our vacation. The cost of the hotel was less than staying at any other fancy hotel. A great deal! If I were to make any suggestion at all, it would be to teach your staff a few Italian words when they greet you. Sort of how your Gondola drivers sing. Would just add the perfect affect of the theme of the Venetian Hotel.

Room Tip: Any room should be perfect!
Dear CiaoItaliaDunedin_FL,

Congratulations on your recent 40th anniversary! I am humbled that you chose The Venetian as your destination and am quite pleased that you enjoyed every facet of your stay. What a beautiful way to celebrate your life together! I do hope you will return to The Venetian again soon, and I wish you and your spouse a lifetime of happiness.

Pau, France
Reviewed 10 July 2014

As often in Las Vegas the quality vs price ratio is excellent. Real luxury at a reasonable price.
The other side of the coin is the sheer size of the place. With almost 7000 rooms it must be an enormous challenge to meet everyone's needs. But somehow they still maintain a sense of service.
The only drawback is the casino atmosphere - you like or you don't. We don't so we avoided the casino area.
We have previously visited the Venetian in Macao and we found the overall experience better than in Vagas. The canal area was more impressive and varied.

Dear almitpau,

I find great joy in knowing that you not only enjoyed your weekend with us, but you were extended personalized service that could sometimes be overlooked by larger resorts. As the largest five-diamond resort in the world, I am humbled and truly jubilant that you felt the attentive service that we endeavor to provide. I am also very pleased that your suite and your experience at the pools exceeded your expectations.

I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again, so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards and accommodations.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The room at the Venetian was beautiful complete with sunken living room and I loved having 3 TVs. The restaurants in the hotel were a wonderful experience and the shopping and canal area was great fun. The staff was very accommodating and any encounter with staff throughout the complex was pleasant.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are the same they are suites with sunken living room with sectional sofa and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jo S
Dear Jo S,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas Strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian | The Palazzo many times in the future.

Mesquite, Nevada
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Having stayed at all but 7 casino resorts on the Las Vegas strip, I was hoping the Venetian would live up to my expectations. It did and more. From the first contact at check in to the last at checkout, everyone was very helpful and polite. The pools and grounds were beautiful, clean and inviting. The Venetian goes out of it's way to make your stay enjoyable. The room was very spacious and so nice I wanted to spend more time there, but who goes to Vegas to spend time in their room! I spend as little time in my room as possible, so being charged a "Resort" fee feels a little underhanded. Great restaurants, shopping and people watching. The Venetian has it all.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear ejenkins52,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian as host for your recent visit to Las Vegas and taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your compliments of the grandeur of our resort as we take great pride in providing experiences that are truly spectacular. Your comparison of other properties and deeming us as you do is one of the highest compliments we could ever receive, and I am truly grateful and humbled.

I look forward to your return visit, and The Venetian being your home away from home.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed at the Venetian after it being recommended by a friend. I can say with great honesty that this is the best hotel in Las Vegas. We stayed there for 2 weeks and have just got home. From the time we pulled up at the front of the hotel until we left they could not do enough for us. A very cheerful young lady welcomed us to the hotel on arrival and gave us a good Suite and enquired if there was anything that she could do to make our stay the best she could. I thought that a nice touch.
My husband is in a wheelchair and we were offered a accessible room but declined due to them not having a strip view. The young lady who booked us in, said that our room would have a strip view. (Will come to that later). The layout of the hotel and accessibility to all the facilities including the gaming tables, are first class for anyone in a wheelchair, the staff everywhere in the hotel did there upmost to help all the time, which is more than I can say about most of the other hotels in Las Vegas that we visited. There are so many places to eat within the Venetian, that we did not have to go out to find anywhere to eat.
We decided to check out all the other hotels while we were there and found that they were very happy to show us there accommodation, but none came up to the standard of the Venetian.
The inside and outside of the Venetian is so wonderful you can spend hours walking around admiring the décor.
The concierge desk were very helpful with transport and finding seating for show that would accommodate my husbands wheelchair.
The location of the hotel to the strip is fantastic and just outside is the bus stop if you want to go down town.
Just to let you know, there is an iron & ironing board in the suites but no fridge, but you can hire them from house keeping.
Now for the negative, yes there are 3 negative things about this hotel. Firstly they advertise: Luxury View Suite. "Breath taking views that can include the famous Las Vegas strip or the beautiful mountains and the rest of the fabulous Las Vegas valley". We were told by a very reliable source, the bell hop who had been at the hotel for a very long time, that they do not have any suites with a view of the strip (only the ROAD called "The Las Vegas Strip" and the views that we had look out onto a building site, as there is building works going on across from the hotel (not near it) and can not be heard. They did offer to move us to another suite but that would not have had a strip view so stayed where we were.
Our suite looked out directly over the pools (we paid for a strip view) and from 8am we had booming music as if it's in the suite, so no chance of a lay in or rest in the afternoon, even though we were on the 25th floor. (wish we would have known about he music when offered a change of suite). There is renovation works being carried out in the hotel so was woken every morning by tapping and drilling, so again no chance of a lay in after a night out.
But don't let the 3 things put you off, as the good outweigh the bad and as I said you will not find a better hotel on or off the strip. Even with these things, this hotel gets the full 5 star and deserves them.

Room Tip: Go on a high floor and make sure that you do not overlook the pool if you want to lay in, in the mor...
Green Features: This hotel is the most environmentally friendly hotel that I have ever known. On the TV channel, (I think channel 3) you can see how they recycle everything that is able to be recycled down in there recycling plant. it is one of the largest recycling plants that I have ever known.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jackie D,

It is such a pleasure reading your review; thank you for providing such wonderful feedback! We aim to provide an experience that is second-to-none from the moment our guests arrive to the moment you depart. It elates me that you experienced an amazing ambiance from the moment you stepped foot on to The Venetian. Please extend my deepest appreciation to your friends for their recommendation!

I am also very grateful for the candidness of your review in the areas that need to be improved. I am disheartened by the negative notes that you outlined as some caused you unnecessary inconvenience, but I do thank you. It gives us an opportunity to revisit these areas and to make any necessary changes and improvements.

Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back for many more visits!

Mass
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Venetian for several years now and the service, staff and cleanliness of the hotel are superb. When you walk into the lobby it smells so nice and clean. All the rooms are suites and the spa is superb. You have to pay additional to join the gym with the spa but I think it is well worth it. I love the jacuzzi, steam and the different showers they have i.e. caribbean storm or cool fog. Also the spin classes have bikes that move which is wild. The restaurants are great especially Zefferinos and Delmonico's steak house. I prefer the Venetian over the Bellagio.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maud58
Dear Maud58,

Thank you for sharing your experience and for your loyalty. As a loyal member of The Venetian family you are among our most valued guests; therefore, your words mean all the more to me. Thank you for your continued patronage, and we will continue our strides to providing all of our guests with unforgettable memories.