“Venetian is the place to stay!!”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
North Billerica, Massachusetts
“Venetian is the place to stay!!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Was very happy with our stay during 6/27/2014 through 7/4/2014. We spent most of our days at the pool with the 112 to 116 degree temperatures and could not have been more happoer with the staff and facilties there. Our room, as everyone says, was big and beautiful. Check-in was a breeze, but hated the find the next day of $979.00 hold charge onmy American Express card! The next day I went to the front desk and explained was never told this or expected a hold of that much. They apologized and quickly took it off and gave me a day resort fee credit. Easily taken care of and made me feel at ease and happy. Everyone was pleasent and polit and helpful no matter where we were in the resort. So big it took us a couple of days to figure out how to get around. Our favorite breakfast place in the resort was Bouchon. $50.00 charge for 2 but i have to say, was one of the best breakfast I ever had in my life! After a week we were ready to get home but our stay at the Venetian will always be a fond memory. If you like great sleep and rest, This bed will do it for you.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators and you'll be fine
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Richard B
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Richard B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I was so pleased to hear that when you encountered your only challenge, our team assisted you directly.

There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with their team members. I am confident that each department will delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

I must agree with your comment on Bouchon- it is such a delightful restaurant with such delicious breakfast options! Great choice indeed!

Thank you again, and I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to The Venetian in the very near future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,689)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed at The Venetian Hotel and Casino for 4 days. The hotel was amazing, the staff was wonderful, food in the restaurant was delicious. Although I lost close to $2000 in the casino, I had an amazing time. I've been to Vegas many times before and felt a desire to visit the Venetian, and I'm certainly glad I did. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Vegas area. The room was beautiful, more than I expected with remote control curtains and blinds. The staff was great. I work in the customer service field, and I know great customer service when I see it. I'm hopeful to visit this hotel again very soon.

Room Tip: The Bella Suite is very nice
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear HavePPWillTrvl,

With all your customer service background and experience, I am overjoyed to know that you have deemed The Venetian as an amazing and guest service focused resort in Las Vegas. What a high compliment! I thank you.

We strive to provide a charming home away from home for our guests, and I am so glad that you were able to experience this level of luxury and service. I look forward to your return visits to The Venetian.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Just had a wonderful visit to the Venetian Hotel , with my two daughters and my sister. We booked three rooms and we were given a suite each which was a lovely surprise. The staff at reception could not have been more helpful, they arranged tickets for shows and we were given fabulous seats at each show.
We intend to return to Vegas and of course we will stay at the Venetian.
We highly recommend this hotel and have told all our friends about our excellent stay at the Venetian.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Joan H
Dear Joan H,

Thank you sharing your positive feedback regarding The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased to read that The Venetian has earned your loyalty. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian each and every time your travels take you to this fabulous city.

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was our second visit to this hotel. This first time we stayed here was when we were getting married back in October. That stay was perfect. We had used their dry cleaning service with no issues and they did an amazing job making sure my wedding dress looked great for the big day. I also got my hair and makeup done at their Spa for my wedding day with no problems. Thank goodness that stay went the way it did because if it had gone anything like the stay we had this past weekend, I would have had a nervous breakdown.

We checked into our room on Thursday and about a couple of hours later all of a sudden the bathroom lights and entry lights were not working so I called the front desk to see what they could do. They offered to have maintenance to come and look at it but that was stressful to me because I needed to get ready to be at a place for dinner in an hour so I reluctantly agreed. About 10 minutes later, I called and asked if we could have another room and I got told that it was probably just a "switch" and I asked her if she was certain if it was just a "switch" and she said no. I then suggested that she give us a new room and I think that a new room should have been offered to us during my initial call especially if one was available. She finally agreed and we ended up moving to the hotel room right next door and then that one had an issue with the key not working. When maintenance/security came up to bring us keys for the new room they told us that the battery on the key unit of the door was not working and they would have to replace it. Well they did and we were told that our keys would work later that evening. I was so mad at this point we paid a visit to the Front Desk Manger downstairs and of course he apologized and offered us a hotel credit for food which was a nice gesture. We explained to him the key situation and he issued us two new keys for the room and he assured us that they would work. We went on with our night and had a lovely dinner at Tao and then had fun at the club next door. We did not get back to our room until around 3:00 AM the next morning only to find that the keys the front desk Manager had issued we were not working so we could not get into our room. We took our tired selves downstairs back to the front desk and then talked to another Manager who offered us a new room. I accepted but with the condition that it be on a new floor as I felt that floor was not good luck for us. She issued a room on another floor and she gave us another hotel credit for food. At this point I was not interested in anything but a room that had working lights and keys that worked. We moved again and got to the room finally closer to 4:00 AM only to find that those keys did not work. Once again we had to wait for security to bring new keys and when we got into that room again the lights were not working in the bathroom! Well, we finally figured out what "switch" they were talking about. They were talking about the GFCI switch located outside the bathroom on a wall closer to the floor. I decided to try it before I called downstairs again and thank goodness it worked because I was now about to break down and cry from pure exhaustion and frustration. If the first person we spoke with would have explained this we might have been okay in the first room. Thankfully the keys for the third room worked for the remainder of our stay and we just had to reset the "switch" a few times.

With all of that said, I don't believe it was our responsibility to have to reset a GFCI switch for the bathroom lights to work and I also think it's the hotel's responsibility to maintain the batteries on the key units for the doors to work. Both of these are maintenance issues that could have been prevented if they were keeping a better maintenance schedule. We suspect that when housekeeping is plugging in the vacuums, it might be causing the GFCI switch off needing it to be reset when the next guests arrive. Just a theory...it also could be bad wiring. I am just so very disappointed in this hotel. I do feel they should have offered some of our money back for this terrible experience but they stated that since it was prepaid so they could not offer anything but hotel credits for food which was fine but of course it limited to us having to eat at the hotel. As much as we like the location of The Venetian I don't think we will be returning. We also don't feel that the staff really cared one way or the other. The only staff member that we really felt cared was a girl that helped us downstairs at 3:00 AM that Friday morning when we got our third room. We unfortunately don't remember her name but she was awesome. Other than that the Managers were indifferent and really did not seem to care one way or the other. We felt we were just another number in their eyes.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 12th year anniversary, Vegas style. We had stayed at Palazzo a few years ago and we always reminisce how much fun we had. So we decided to vacation at the Venetian (sister resort). We were greeted with a warm smile from Christian at the front desk. He made us feel welcome and congratulated us for our anniversary. He even gave us a room with a better view (thank you Christian).
The room is magnificent (the layout is similar to the Palazzo). Very clean and spacious. It was a shame we didn't make use of the living area during our stay, since we weren't in our room much on this trip.
The Venetian has so many choices for dining. I have a separate TripAdvisor review for Zeffirino where we had our anniversary dinner. And the shopping, well...my wife couldn't get enough (my wallet could though...lol).
All in all, a very fun, exciting, and memorable 5 days in Vegas. Thank you Venetian for you hospitality.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk staff during check in.
Dear SamChristopher,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback and for the privilege of hosting you during your special 12th anniversary celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone. I am pleased that The Venetian was able to enhance and contribute to your celebration, and that we did not disappoint. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for many romantic trips in the future.

Cheers to another 12 years and even more!

Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The Venetian Hotel is spectacular. The rooms are beautiful. The Venetian has spoiled us for life; that no other hotel could ever compare. The entire staff couldn't be more accommodating. Restaurants, stores, pools and gondolas all on site. You don't actually need to leave the premises. We celebrated our 40th Anniversary; and couldn't have picked a more perfect place to start our vacation. The cost of the hotel was less than staying at any other fancy hotel. A great deal! If I were to make any suggestion at all, it would be to teach your staff a few Italian words when they greet you. Sort of how your Gondola drivers sing. Would just add the perfect affect of the theme of the Venetian Hotel.

Room Tip: Any room should be perfect!
Dear CiaoItaliaDunedin_FL,

Congratulations on your recent 40th anniversary! I am humbled that you chose The Venetian as your destination and am quite pleased that you enjoyed every facet of your stay. What a beautiful way to celebrate your life together! I do hope you will return to The Venetian again soon, and I wish you and your spouse a lifetime of happiness.

Pau, France
Reviewed 10 July 2014

As often in Las Vegas the quality vs price ratio is excellent. Real luxury at a reasonable price.
The other side of the coin is the sheer size of the place. With almost 7000 rooms it must be an enormous challenge to meet everyone's needs. But somehow they still maintain a sense of service.
The only drawback is the casino atmosphere - you like or you don't. We don't so we avoided the casino area.
We have previously visited the Venetian in Macao and we found the overall experience better than in Vagas. The canal area was more impressive and varied.

Dear almitpau,

I find great joy in knowing that you not only enjoyed your weekend with us, but you were extended personalized service that could sometimes be overlooked by larger resorts. As the largest five-diamond resort in the world, I am humbled and truly jubilant that you felt the attentive service that we endeavor to provide. I am also very pleased that your suite and your experience at the pools exceeded your expectations.

I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again, so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards and accommodations.