“THE VENETIAN EXPERIENCE”

GreenLeadersGold level
Houston, Texas
“THE VENETIAN EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

For the past five years, The Venetian Resort has been our mainstay for Vegas entertainment. From the opulent casino, the wonderful shopping, entertainment Italian style, gourmet restaurants and the best room service on the strip, the Venetian has it all. Generally visit at least three times a year and always have some new show that is a must.

Room Tip: Speak with a Player Representative, I recommend Teresa Davidson, for your stay. We always request 2...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank SherryYounique
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear SherryYounique,

Thank you for your positively delightful review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you had a fantastic time with us. Your recommendation of The Venetian is a wonderful compliment, and I very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,684)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Queensferry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Perfect location, fantastic service and exceptionally grand. Would definitely stay here again. Completely over the top yet in a classy, not tacky way. Received the best nights sleep of my life in their beds and loved how dark the rooms were at night despite being in Vegas. The location is great, close to everything. The hotel is exceptionally big though and does take a while to walk through it, however it does hold absolutely everything you could possibly need. Only downside is it was particularly hard to open our room. We had 4 key cards, ended up with about 6 towards the end of the stay and still took about 20 tries just to open the door, whatever card we used. Overall fantastic value for money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Chloe D,

Thank you so much for allowing The Venetian to be your host for your recent visit to our fine city. I am delighted that you had a fantastic time and found superb comfort in our beds. I do apologize for the key card issue that you encountered, and I will be sure to address it with my team. It was a pleasure hosting you, and we do hope that you will allow us to welcome you back in the future.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband took me to Las Vegas and the Venetian for my Birthday. The Hotel itself is Amazing! It will take a day or two to get use to going through the maze of getting to your room if you are in the Venezia Tower. We stayed in a Bella Suite. The suite was nice. The beds very comfortable and nice furnishings. No fridge to use though, and no coffee maker. (This seems to be a common thing in Vegas). The room had a few minor things that needed repair. We had a real problem with the door lock and key cards for 2 days. When we did finally let them know they had it fixed the same day. The Pools were Great! The big pool was a bit dirty with suntan oil skimming the edges. Also the pool deck was very slippery! Almost Dangerous at times! I saw numerous people slip. The smaller pool was Great! Hard to get a chair unless you were up at the crack of dawn.The Casino was nice clean and bright. The shopping very good. The Restaurants Fantastic! The Staff was very helpful any time we needed them. Security Excellent! Overall a Fantastic Stay! Would stay again in other tower.

Room Tip: If you have any seniors or people with mobility issues, I would recommend not staying in The Venezia...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank marshloopy
Dear marshloopy,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian and for sharing your feedback. I am glad that you found our resort a fantastic place. Please also accept my belated happy birthday greeting. I want to take a moment to apologize for your experience at the pools. This will be looked into further.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Venetian in the future.

Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The trip was a hybrid business/family trip and we received a room within the Venetian. Just for note, the Palazzo and the Venetian are on the same "campus", but different skyscrapers. The room was large and immaculate. I think the bathroom alone was bigger than most standard hotel rooms. The Venetian room is actually a suite. Our room came with a king size bed that was connected to a living room, which had a pullout sofa bed for our 15 year old son. For those that are into specifics, the living room came with a table/four chairs, desk (that had a power up area) and TV. The curtains were remote controlled powered (cool feature) and did a great job of keeping out the sunlight. The bedroom area had a closet, long dresser and also had a TV. The dresser had a power switch on one end that allowed the surface to light up. Nice touch when you had a very dark room! The bathroom had a seperate toliet room (also nice), double sink, tub, walk in shower, vanity desk and, what I think is a bonus, a TV! This allowed me to watch the World Cup while getting ready for my conference without disturbing my family! The only issue we encountered with the room was the door lock. You had to swipe your key card several times before the door would unlock. When I mentioned it to the front desk, a repairman was at our room fixing the issue within thirty minutes.

The hotel is a city within itself. Shops and restaraunts within the Venetian, which also included the Gondola rides, and then more shops and restaraunts on the Palazzo side. Bring walking shoes, you are walking miles to see all of it, no joke! Don't miss out on the "street" performers. They put on a free show on the Venetian side at various times that are entertaining.

I used the Canyon Ranch spa. I was impressed with the amount of aerobic (which included treadmills, stationary bikes, ellipticals, rowing machines, stair steppers and stair climbers), weight machines and free weights they had available. It is not very often I go to a hotel gym that has a squat rack, free weight flat/incline bench, dumbbells up to 80 pounds and a climbing wall. I got a great workout each day of my visit. Just so you know there is a $28.00 room fee for use of the spa and you must be 18 to do the climbing wall. Obviosuly my son was a little disappointed about the latter. Also, other spa related activities (facials, manicure/pedicure) were available for an additional fee. If you do use the spa, make sure you visit the locker rooms. I found a water cooler and fresh fruit for free. Nice to have after a workout.

The two hotels have several outdoor pools, I want to say six but it could easily be more, and hot tubs. It was crazy to see that many. My family enjoyed the use of them while I attended the conference. The hotel also has a private "beach". Not really a family area, since tops on both males and females were optional.

What impressed me the most about my stay were the employees. I found all employees to be very pleasant and professional, but a couple stood out to me. First was Ty A. and Brittany D. They were at the conference speaking to attendees about "life" in a break area. I had such a nice conversation with them that I felt I was talking to long time friends and we were just catching up with each other. I ended up losing track of time and missing a seminar. I left feeling our conversation was much more informative than what I would have gotten out of the seminar! Also, since I was at a conference I was wearing a name tag around my neck. I only state this for my other employee interaction. I was walking on the casino floor to the summit. On my way I passed an employee holding a vacuum cleaner. To her credit, she was smart enough to look at my badge and with a smile stated the following "Mr Leo I hope you have a great day". Now this is an engaged employee! She did make my day and in her own way confirmed in a simple way that the Venetian truly understands how to treat their guests. I cannot state it enough that this type of attitude from an employee who has minimum customer interaction was incredible. I would hire her for that great attitude in an instant.

Lastly, I should state that I did not gamble or see a show. Obviously since this is a casino, every imaginable game of chance was available. Also, the hotel had several shows including Jersey Boys, Rock of Ages (80 themed music) and Panda. The Panda show was advertised as what you would have seen during the opening ceremony of the Beijing 2008 Summer Olympics.

Overall, the best endorsement I can give the Venetian is that the next time I visit Las Vegas, I am staying with them!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TUGrad
Dear TUGrad,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian for your hybrid business and family trip to Las Vegas; I am glad that you made the right choice! The Venetian is truly a city within a city, and to know that you enjoyed your suite and the wonderful service and amenities on property brings joy to not only me but to my entire team. I appreciate your review providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the detail that you provided future visitors to The Venetian. I appreciate your thoughtful review and concern to advise fellow travelers of the tips, locations and moments that made your stay so memorable and special.

Thank you again for allowing us to be a part of your Las Vegas experience. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

North Billerica, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Was very happy with our stay during 6/27/2014 through 7/4/2014. We spent most of our days at the pool with the 112 to 116 degree temperatures and could not have been more happoer with the staff and facilties there. Our room, as everyone says, was big and beautiful. Check-in was a breeze, but hated the find the next day of $979.00 hold charge onmy American Express card! The next day I went to the front desk and explained was never told this or expected a hold of that much. They apologized and quickly took it off and gave me a day resort fee credit. Easily taken care of and made me feel at ease and happy. Everyone was pleasent and polit and helpful no matter where we were in the resort. So big it took us a couple of days to figure out how to get around. Our favorite breakfast place in the resort was Bouchon. $50.00 charge for 2 but i have to say, was one of the best breakfast I ever had in my life! After a week we were ready to get home but our stay at the Venetian will always be a fond memory. If you like great sleep and rest, This bed will do it for you.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators and you'll be fine
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Richard B
Dear Richard B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I was so pleased to hear that when you encountered your only challenge, our team assisted you directly.

There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with their team members. I am confident that each department will delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

I must agree with your comment on Bouchon- it is such a delightful restaurant with such delicious breakfast options! Great choice indeed!

Thank you again, and I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to The Venetian in the very near future.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed at The Venetian Hotel and Casino for 4 days. The hotel was amazing, the staff was wonderful, food in the restaurant was delicious. Although I lost close to $2000 in the casino, I had an amazing time. I've been to Vegas many times before and felt a desire to visit the Venetian, and I'm certainly glad I did. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Vegas area. The room was beautiful, more than I expected with remote control curtains and blinds. The staff was great. I work in the customer service field, and I know great customer service when I see it. I'm hopeful to visit this hotel again very soon.

Room Tip: The Bella Suite is very nice
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear HavePPWillTrvl,

With all your customer service background and experience, I am overjoyed to know that you have deemed The Venetian as an amazing and guest service focused resort in Las Vegas. What a high compliment! I thank you.

We strive to provide a charming home away from home for our guests, and I am so glad that you were able to experience this level of luxury and service. I look forward to your return visits to The Venetian.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Just had a wonderful visit to the Venetian Hotel , with my two daughters and my sister. We booked three rooms and we were given a suite each which was a lovely surprise. The staff at reception could not have been more helpful, they arranged tickets for shows and we were given fabulous seats at each show.
We intend to return to Vegas and of course we will stay at the Venetian.
We highly recommend this hotel and have told all our friends about our excellent stay at the Venetian.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Joan H
Dear Joan H,

Thank you sharing your positive feedback regarding The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased to read that The Venetian has earned your loyalty. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian each and every time your travels take you to this fabulous city.