“Venetian Las Vegas July 2014”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed 3 nights, and what a great hotel! The room was gorgeous and very accommodating for my friend and I. The front desk took my cell # and called me when our room was ready as we arrived very early, so were able to check in early! The entire staff could have not been more friendly. Love the location as the "center" of the strip is only a 5 minute quick walk, so we didn't have to use public transportation unless we were leaving the strip. I would highly recommend a stay at the Venetian!

Room Tip: I didn't know about the "$20 Trick" or would have used that to get a strip-view upgrad...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear BonnieCallahan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and I sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing The Venetian to host you during your most recent visit. I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to The Venetian each time your travels take you back to this fabulous city.

There are newer reviews for The Venetian Las Vegas

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The venetian is the best there is!!everything was outstanding.will definitely go back.people were helpfull,the hotel was welcoming,the ambience was great.100percent for everything .i actually wanted to settle there.a must see for anyone.theres so much to do there .heaven on earth !!!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Malis l,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your words of appreciation. I am humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. We all look forward to the privilege of serving you on a return trip to this fabulous city.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The BEST possible place to stay in Las Vegas! Once you check in, you are swept into a world of magical Vegas with an Italian fairytale theme. All the rooms are suites and they are huge and wonderful - 3 TV sets (one in the marble bathroom, one in the living room in the armoire, one at the foot of the bed on the wall) - and that is nice if you want to watch something different than your spouse!! The beds are soooooo comfy and soft and the bedding is crisp and white and plentiful. And you never have to leave the hotel, there's so much to do! The restaurants are superb, the shows are great, the shopping is fabulous, the live and free entertainment is all around you in the Venetian-decorated St. Mark's Square and mall. The gambling classes in the casino are fun and totally worth checking out (especially if you don't gamble much, like me). The museum always is a treat too!
It is just the best way to get away from it all and float on a cloud of luxury and fun without breaking your bank account! Can't wait to go back soon!!!

I have been coming to Vegas my whole life (I spent all my childhood summers there) and I have seen it evolve over the years. I always have loved the shows and the food and the atmosphere - the Vegas ambiance. There is nothing like it anywhere in the world. And the Venetian is marvelous!!!

Room Tip: It is nice to get a suite with a view of the strip.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear LCMSS,

What a splendid review; thank you so much! I am elated that you were able to bask in the magic of The Venetian. Our resort is definitely a festive and fun-filled place, and we are so eager to provide our guests with an experiences that are truly one-of-a-kind. It brings us much joy to know that you were able to create many memories here, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We went to this hotel for my husbands 40th birthday and 1st impressions when you pull up at this hotel take you away, really was most one of the grandest places I have ever stayed at.

You are greeted at a busy reception but they get everyone through quickly. Upon arriving in our suite we were very impressed, until we went into bathroom/toilet area where it had not been cleaned, after a call to concierge someone eventually came to clean although had to wait two hours which after a long flight and being late at night not very good service and did not even get an apology.

The rest of stay was better, did not really spend much time eating/drinking at hotel but did go to rock of ages show which I would recommend, and tended to go to other casinos as did not have much of a atmosphere in casino at Venetian.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa M

Dear Lisa M,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you and your husband for his special birthday celebration! I am pleased that The Venetian was able to enhance and contribute to your celebration. Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor, and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you and your family during future special occasions.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here for four nights, what a fabulous hotel in true Venetian style with fabulous decor, complete & unbelievably with authentic gondola ride. We had a Luxury King Suite; which was truly amazing with wonderful facilities, layout & cleanliness. All the staff, especially at reception & concierge desk were extremely helpful throughout our stay. The pool area is also excellent with disabled access/facilities. Wi-Fi is free in the suites. Thoroughly recommend this hotel, you just can’t go wrong – it is the only hotel on ‘The Strip’ that apparently you can access reception without having to walk through a casino. Go for it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear J0seyWhales,

Thank you so much for not only choosing The Venetian as your resort of choice during your recent travels to Las Vegas but also for sharing your delightful sentiments of our resort. It elates me to know that you had a splendid time at The Venetian, and that you have deemed us a truly amazing resort. Thank you for your kind compliments, and I most certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian in the near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Just spent 7 nights here and it was a fantastic experience from start to finish.

I did not experience the dreaded delay at check in that many other people mention - check in took a mere 10 minutes! . Used the $20 trick to get a 'complimentary' upgrade too.

The hotel and grounds are simply immaculate and all the staff we dealt with, from the concierge to the taxi attendant were courteous and helpful.

There are too many positives to list and I will stay here again on my next visit.

I stayed in the Venetian Tower suite, 426 on the 10th floor with view of the strip - I would recommend this room as it is only 2 elevator rides from the lobby and does not take long to get from your room to the exits (plus its a simple route so less chance of getting lost as this hotel is MASSIVE!)

Room Tip: Venetian Tower suite, 426 on the 10th floor with view of the strip - I would recommend this room as...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 77SAJ

Dear 77SAJ,

It is such a pleasure reading your review; thank you for providing such wonderful feedback! We aim to provide an experience that is second-to-none from the moment our guests arrive to the moment you depart. It elates me that you experienced an amazing ambiance from the moment you stepped foot on to The Venetian.

Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back for many more visits!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Ok, granted, no one was forcing me to spend my money in their casino slot machines. However, I was visiting there with my sweet auntie and she asked me to stay with her there. I had vowed not to donate any $$ to them after a bad experience a few years ago, but decided to give gambling another try there. But, I found out soon that NOTHING has changed. I got an offer from them for a minimum booking of 3 free nights, Sun to Thurs. only, and they were going to give me $100 casino play and a roller bag of some sort. Big deal. Ok, so I call to book it, and the receptionist says that "due to high volume" they can only let me have ONE NIGHT free, and I have to pay $229 for the other nights or I can redeem the offer. SERIOUSLY? Then why did you bother to send this "great" offer to me, your "valued" customer? That's EXACTLY what I experienced a few years ago, so I know they are up to their same old tricks. Well, I won't fall for it. NO.WAY. Disgusting BAIT AND SWITCH tactics. Go to the Caesars properties. This doesn't happen there. I know.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
11  Thank roxgro

Dear roxgro,

Thank you for apprising me of your concerns. I was able to look over your review from May of 2012 as well as the review that you have submitted for your most recent visit. It seems that you have been extended offers for complimentary evenings which are, of course, based upon availability as clearly stated on your offer invitation. Although we are happy to honor all complimentary evenings to you, should you decide to book an evening in which we do not have suites available for comp nights, we invite you to choose alternate dates.

I would like to assure you that we do not change offers your arrival if the reservation was booked and indeed confirmed, so I am baffled as to what occurred. Back in 2012, we reached out to you for further clarification and information regarding your concerns, but unfortunately we did not hear from you. I invite you to be in touch with my team, who will be reaching out to you directly, so that I may gather more details from your visit.