“Great way to do Vegas”

GreenLeadersGold level
UK
“Great way to do Vegas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Amazing hotel in many respects - great pools, excellent room and friendly staff. The only negative was in dealing with room service, who for our breakfast order were very hard work. The staff delivering the breakfast could not have been better. Well recommended as an overall experience.

Room Tip: There are some good views and some not so good - ask what you are getting.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear barkemar,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am pleased that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. Still, I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenge you experienced with your in-suite dining service.

I am pleased that this mishap did not dampen your spirit or take away from the other aspects of your stay that exceeded your expectations. I hope to have the privilege of serving you on many more visits to The Venetian in the near future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,620)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Venetian is always a quality hotel and treats their guests well. The only issue tends to be around the massive amount of cigarette smoke EVERYWHERE. Numerous times there were people smoking even in the elevators. Other that this annoyance, this is a great place to stay in Vegas.

Room Tip: The rooms that do not face the strip have a very bland view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mark T
Dear Mark T,

Thank you for your great review. I do want to address the smoking issue. I am sorry for the negative impact the cigarette smoke had upon your well-being, and overall experience at The Venetian. I am at a loss to understand what might have produced the concentration of odor you described. Typically though, our state-of-art filtration system disperses enough uniform aromatic fragrance to dispel any offensive odors. However, I have forwarded your comments to our Facilities Department so they are apprised of our concerns, and ensure all systems are properly functioning. I want to also assure you that smoking in non-smoking areas are strictly prohibited, and we should have definitely done a better job in ensuring that this was not occurring. Please know that this will be discussed internally.

Thank you so much for your candidness, and I am relieved that this did not dampen your stay. I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Leicester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for our honeymoon and on arrival upgraded to a strip view room. Can't recommend doing this enough, our room was just fantastic. Large bathroom, huge comfortable bed, big lounge area and giant window to see the sights... The restaurants were great and we enjoyed a gondola ride, all service was perfect, my only niggle was the casino croupier not accepting my uk photo driving licence ID, despite me being 30 and it had been accepted in every other casino/restaurant/bar on the strip (and in New York where we'd stayed on honeymoon too) which spoilt the final night of our honeymoon in Vegas. Overall would stay here again but will bet elsewhere!

Stayed June 2014
Dear Parry2013,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us and for sharing your experience at The Venetian. Congratulations on your recent nuptials, and thank you for allowing us to be a part of your honeymoon memories!

I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your license at our casino. Unfortunately, we have very stringent guidelines that must be followed. I thank you for your kind understanding.

Thank you again, and I wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness.

Bensalem, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed several nights a a much lower priced, chain, all-suite hotel on the strip and decided to 'upgrade' to the Venetian for our last night. I am a player and I usually frequent hotels on the Atlantic City boardwalk, mostly the Borgata, which is very similar to the Venetian & the Palazzo. Unless you have been here before, the two sister hotels are very confusing. We actually entered and valet parked in the Palazzo, but were registered at the Venetian. The check in was quick, but even the agent seemed tired of explaining to guests that they came into the wrong hotel! After a long walk, our room was very nice, just what I would expect of a higher end resort like this. I will now go into the reasons for my low start rating. Before we even got to the room, we had THREE hotel staff warn us not to use the mini-bar as a fridge. It is weighted, so you will pay, even if you put your water bottle in to keep it cold. Hmmmm, maybe that is a problem since the front desk, bell service, & a guard we asked for directions all warned us about it. Maybe, just spitballing here, since every other room in Vegas has a mini fridge, maybe they should put a useable mini-fridge into their super expensive rooms? Anyway, since we did not have a fridge and I like lots and lots of COLD water to drink whenever I want (what the heck, I was on vacation, right?). I went out to the maid's cart and asked her nicely for another ice bucket. She, looked at me like I was a crazy teen who wanted to put jello in the bath tub, prompty and curtly replied, "NO." To which, I said, "What?" Not believing what I was hearing here. She shook her head and said, "You have to buy water, I will give you an extra bag." She handed me an ice bucket bag and shooed me away, turning back to the room she was cleaning. Are you kidding me Venetian?? We called an complained and they gratefully sent up 3 ice buckets full of ice, which I appreciated. When the Borgata first opened their sister hotel, the Water Club, they tried to pull the whole 'weighted mini bar, no fridge' thing, like that is supposed to be 'better', within the first year they had taken it all out and now they just have fridges and boy, is it a luxury... Back to the Venetian... Turns out most of the cool stuff for me was on the Palazzo side, so definately should have stayed there I guess. The beds were great, room was spotless, plenty of towels. The pool was huge and although crowded (4th of July weekend), we found chairs easily and were comfortable. The food there was outstanding, really good. One more complaint, there were a lot of bachelor & bachelorette parties there, I saw at least a dozen. This was quite the paryt hotel. Meanwhile, the player's club is horrible, benefits are non-existant, and waited three times in line for 1/2 hour, 25mins, then finally 25 mins again at the rewards desk. Everyone was upset, none of the employees seemed to care. On the whole, glad it was only for one night. I will eat there again for sure, but to pay those prices and be treated so poorly? Fuggetabout it.

Room Tip: All rooms are large, suite style
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank peepersopt
Dear pepersopt,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. After reading through your review, I am deeply sorry that we did not live up to the expectations that you have so rightfully set before us. Please accept my apologies for the several challenges you experienced during your stay. We are a 5 star rated resort, and you should have been treated as such - no questions asked.

Allow me to assure you that your most recent experience is not the standard of our resort. As you may know, TripAdvisor does not link your reservations, so I do invite you to please be in touch my Guest Relations team, who will be contacting you directly. I would like an opportunity to address the concerns that you have presented.

Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Perfect hotel for a quick getaway. Great choices for dining and shows. Beautiful atmosphere for relaxing and participating in adult gaming. Minor disappointments included not enough staff at pick-up stations for show tickets and the Grazie program. Waited far too long for bellhop service and would have appreciated a self serve coffee machine in the suite.Overall, it was a very satisfying hotel experience.

Room Tip: Discuss your room preferences when you check-in.
Green Features: The hotel's green practices improve the atmosphere.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 834Travel765,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review that you have shared with us on TripAdvisor. I am humbled to read your review and truly glad that you were extended experiences that were reflective of the diligent strides towards unmatched experience .

I would also like to thank you for your candidness and suggestions as well as letting me know about the one exception with our luggage service, Grazie and Box Office teams. I take these matters very seriously and will ensure that this is addressed. In all honesty, there should be no exceptions.

Thank you again, and I look forward to your return visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Wow, what a place! The rooms are huge and well set out. The service is amazing. The size of the building is the best part and a lot of fun exploring. Eat at the Bouchon and try gourmet chicken and waffles.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Ryan l,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with their team members. I am confident that each department will delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

I must agree with your comment on Bouchon- it is such a delightful restaurant with such delicious breakfast options! Great choice indeed!

Thank you again, and I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to The Venetian in the very near future.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

If your I am going to Vegas, I fell that I must spend a little more and stay at a nice hotel to have the "luxury" experience. I did enjoy my stay here. A few things that I loved:

- The room was super large with a gorgeous bathroom (and I stayed at a "standard" room.
- A lot of dining options
- Good location on the Strip. I personally like anything between the Cosmopolitan to the Wynn/Encore

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gabi D
Dear Gabi D,

Thank you so much for a truly splendid review of The Venetian. I am pleased that you granted us the opportunity to not only welcome you to our fine property but to ensure that your expectations were exceeded. I find great honor in what you have outlined to our fellow TripAdvisor Travelers.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.