The Venetian Las Vegas
Caesars Palace(Las Vegas)
US$213
US$169
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$96
  • Restaurant
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$260
US$190
US$146
  • Restaurant
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$67
  • Pool
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$208
Hotels.com
US$58
US$21
26,655 results
All reviewsvenezia towergondola ridebella suitecanal shopsgrand luxsunken living roombeautiful hotelcanyon ranch spaluxury suitesitting areafood courtrooms are hugeother hotelsmini barstrip viewtreasure islandresort fee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was my third visit to Las Vegas, the last being 15 years ago.

The Venetian is certainly a 5* hotel if you judge it by the facilities it offers, its splendure & the size of the rooms (or suites as they prefer to call them). The standard rooms are certainly among the largest I've come across in 50 years of travelling the world. They are well appointed, kept spotlessly clean & certainly good value for money. With over 6,000 rooms/suites to fill, there's plenty of deals to be had. However, the sheer size is, I think...the problem for some travellers!

If you are travelling with small/young kids-they are bound to get lost in the place. It took us 2 days to figure out the best way to our room. Newcomers in the lifts look totally lost (& usually are). In the morning it took 10-15 mins (2 lifts & lots of walking) to 'walk' down to breakfast (if you forgot your sunglasses, you just bought another pair rather than face a return trip to your room). There are 3 towers with rooms so, it's almost like 3 hotels in one. The main pool area was again a 10-15 min trek from our room, although there was a small garden pool area for our tower, with hot tubs etc.

If you're young, fit & without kids, the place has a certain eye-opening, mouth-watering magic about it. There's nothing like Las Vegas for giving you fantastic experiences. The Venetian will certainly do that. If you are a bit older or have kids in toe & prefer a quality (smaller) hotel that's a bit more practical, there's plenty of choice in Las Vegas. You might not get as big a room or suite, but your energy levels for doing other things will definitely benefit!

It's a great hotel....it's just not for everyone.

Room Tip: They're all excellent
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear 131Terry

As you may have witness, Las Vegas has changed dramatically over the last 15 years, and I find it a true honor to hear from someone who has visited our fabulous city in the past. I value your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Venetian, and I am truly grateful for the positive and honest review that you have shared with us. It is our goal for each guest to have a memorable experience at The Venetian, so I truly hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Like being transported not really to Venice, admittedly, but definitely transported to a magic land that somewhat resembles the best memories you retain of Venice.
It's like a sensorial luxury amusement park. I expected excess and I got excess (and I'm just referring to the resort).

It is hard to really understand, before being there, how immense the hotel is (the whole resort includes the Venetian and the Palazzo), and that most of it is indoors. However, they have managed to make it very efficient and the size does not take a toll on the service; through the whole (short) stay I was very well taken care of.
Practically the whole resort seems to have been lined with marble; it has a small canal, large enough to hold a gondola and a few bridges, an Italian-resembling plaza full of stores that's been painted to look as if it were outdoors (and it kind of works in a weird way), fountains, waterfalls... and all throughout you have coffee and ice-cream shops, clothing stores, and restaurants.
The casino is nice and lively, with several tables per game, with friendly croupiers (that have somewhat of a bad memory), and an army of machines for both slot games and electronic games.

A housekeeper was kind enough to let me see one of the most basic rooms that had been checked-out, and even those are pretty ample and opulent; the equivalent of a Junior Suite at most other hotels.

My Piazza Suite was incredibly large, probably two or three times the size of the average Manhattan studio.
As you walked into the room, after the foyer, you had a nice dining-room area with an oversized wooden table and chairs, down a couple of steps and a little marble counter that worked as area-separator, perpendicular to the dining-room making an L shape was the living-room/office, with a large work desk on one corner, and on the other corner several sofas, a tea table and a large TV. To the left of the dining-room was the entrance to the bedroom, also large, with a King bed, an armchair, and a marble bathroom as big as the bedroom itself with a separate bathtub and shower. There was a huge wooden window that opened to the living-room area.
The windows lined the wall of the living-room area (I'm guessing that's why the bedroom's inside window opens in that direction).
The decoration was regal (yet somewhat gimmicky), exactly as one can expect in Las Vegas, so it's all part of the very gratifying Vegas experience.
I have no idea how housekeeping managed to make that room spotless every day; it must take forever just to vacuum and dust.

The hotel has several restaurants, some of them by very well known chefs or of certain renown, and are worth visiting.

I am finding it hard to put in words the sensation one has in this hotel. It's definitely extraordinary; a very well received overload.
When (not if) I go back to Las Vegas, I am absolutely going back to The Venetian, because that's exactly what Las Vegas is about.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
11  Thank DanielKalen

Dear DanielKalen,

I too am charmed by the old world Venice ambiance of our resorts, and I am so happy that you were able to visit. It is truly, as you have said, a wonderful place, and it brings me much happiness to know that you were able to experience the magic of The Venetian. I truly appreciate the picture you have painted of your experience at The Venetian through your words and your photos. Your photos are magnificent. They show and exude the beauty and awe of The Venetian. Thank you again, and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian in the near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel is a work of art! The size alone is breath-taking. Everywhere I went throughout the hotel, shops, convention center, restaurants, etc. the employees were exceptionally friendly, helpful and seemed to be so happy working with each other at the Venetian. The hotel is VERY conscious of recycling, saving energy, and generating a friendly, welcoming atmosphere. The rooms are terrific, beds wonderful and room service is fast! I missed having a coffee maker in my room. I would definitely stay at this hotel in the future and highly recommend it to anyone who wants non-stop excellence and ease .

Room Tip: Every room in the gigantic beautiful hotel is a suite - bedroom with big flat screen TV, living room area with huge L shaped comfy couch, another big flat screen TV and desk with Wifi and fax/copier/printer. Room service is fast.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sally S

Dear Sally S,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, the stellar and genuine service extended by my team and that you recognized our efforts in providing a green environment for our guests. The Venetian | The Palazzo combine to create the largest LEED certified green building in the world. Sustainability at The Venetian | The Palazzo is of utmost importance.

Thank you again for your recognition, and I look forward to hosting you many times in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We got a great deal to stay at the Venetian for 2 nights for our company training. The place is a wonder and our suite was like heaven. Suken livingroom, 3 flat screen tvs, kingsize bed, fully stock bar and even adult toys for your pleasure. We did the gondola for 12 minutes and it was beautiful. Eating was great at any budget, shopping options second to none. Service and check in a flash, this space does it well and we will return because we did not have time visit the pool and gym. I won 180 bucks playing the machines.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Willy L,

Thank you so much for choosing The Venetian! It is always a pleasure hosting first time guests as I know the importance of making a lasting first impression. It seems that you had a lovely stay, and I am delighted. find great joy in knowing that you enjoyed every aspect- including the fabulous restaurants and shopping options that abound under one roof.

Thank you again, and I welcome you to return soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The Venetian is grand, no doubt. However, it is so large that we were totally confused our entire stay. The one complaint I have is that there is no coffee maker in the room. I understand that this is a luxury accommodation, but the lack of coffee in the morning would cause me to stay somewhere else in the future. The refrigerator is another story. DO NOT touch it or you will be charged, even if you didn't take anything. It is electronic so you are not allowed to even put water in it.....

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank airport123

Dear airport123,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian and for taking the time to provide your feedback. I appreciate your insightful feedback about in suite coffee makers. It is never our intention to cause our guests this unnecessary stress or inconvenience. For your next visit I want to recommend that you take advantage of the complimentary cup of coffee available as part of our resort fee. It can be redeemed at Cafe Presse with the voucher that you received at the time of check in. I do hope that you will allow us an opportunity to serve you in the future.