“Theft of Personal Items from Room”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Venetian provided us with an experience we have never had...THEFT OF OUR PERSONAL ITEMS from the hotel room! A t-shirt was taken from a dresser drawer and a bra was taken from the closet. We never removed these items from the room and never allowed outside guests into our suite. The only people with access to our room were my husband, myself and hotel staff. We discovered the missing items upon packing up on our last day, July 25th. We notified the front desk and were offered to fill out a report. As our items were not valuable and we were set to fly out, we declined. I assume our complaint never reached anyone past the front desk clerk. I imagine we are not the first guests of the Venetian this has happened to. This is very disheartening.

I always read reviews before traveling. Occasionally a review of theft comes up but I never imagined this would happen to us. Of course I kept money and valuables in the safe. It's an uncomfortable feeling to have my bra stolen. Although the items taken are not of monetary value, the feelings we are left with will remain forever.

Although we enjoyed our business/pleasure trip, I will never stay at the Venetian again, and will never again unpack my suitcase while vacationing.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
16  Thank Kristie S
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Kristie S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to apprise us of your concerns through TripAdvisor. We here at The Venetian put the safety and security of our guests and their belongings as top priority. I am unable to speak about your incident as I do not have the full details of the situation, but I would like to assure you that my team is diligent in ensuring that all matters are addressed.

As you may know, TripAdvisor does not link reviews to reservations, so I am unable to verify and research your claim through your review.

Direct contact with my team would be appreciated, so that we may swiftly research and investigate your claim. I invite you to please be in touch with my team, who will be reaching out to you via TripAdvisor, so that I may gather more details of your visit.

Our guests are important to each and everyone of us. Behaviors like you described are not condoned at The Venetian, and I will most definitely ensure that an extensive investigation is done to validate your claim.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel 3 times now, and still love it! Canyon Ranch Spa in hotel is amazing also! There are many pools and gorgeous grounds with statues and shaped trees. The grand canal shops are awesome, and so convenient. Staff were excellent and the place is very clean! I cant wait to go back! Huge hotel room, Gigantic bathroom and excellent location on the strip. Out of the 5 hotels stayed in Las Vegas this was one has captured our hearts.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear sklymchuk,

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay at The Venetian. I am so pleased that The Venetian as captures your hearts. Our resort is definitely a unique place with a wide array of amenities and activities. I am so glad you were able to experience what The Venetian has to offer.

I hope you consider The Venetian again for your future travels to Las Vegas. It would be an honor to host you again.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Venetian is an absolutely gorgeous hotel. Prevent the ceiling is amazing!
Have a ride on a gondola and let someone sing to you. The shops are expensive but course they are gonna be. They are the top brand names.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear John R,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

After 10 years of visiting this Hotel I was expecting some wear to be seen, but this was not the case the hotel is in excellent condition, world class customer service and lot of activities to do in fun city. Grand canal shops is getting bigger and connect to Palazzo. Overall was an excellent choice in Vegas, visited a couple of hotel and we felt happy arriving to the hotel.

Room Tip: Strip View
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear bigdaddycastle,

As excellent as you deem The Venetian, it is truly our guests, such as yourself, who make us who we are. Thank you for your acknowledgements and for choosing us as your resort of choice in Las Vegas. It delights me to know that you had a great time at The Venetian, and we are excited to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have not been to Venice but I have been to Macau and to Las Vegas, so based on these visits, perhaps I know what I would expect to see in Venice some say.

We ventured to Las Vegas a few months ago, but I have only now sat down to review the hotel. We were not sure where to stay, but we were recommended The Venetian.

We arrrived early evening to a very busy hotel with the lobby full of people in relation to the La Vegas marathon which was about to start.

We were told that the hotel, with all the adjoining wings, housed approx 7000 rooms. This is big. Seriously big.

We were shown how to go to our room. We probably could have done with a portable GPS because the walk to the room seemed to be longer than the taxi ride from the airport to the hotel. Of course, later that evening we found another bank of elevators just 6 doors from our room. That saved us 10 - 15 minutes of walking with suitcases.

The room was big. It was nearly a mirror image of the room we stayed at in The Venetian in Macau some years earlier. But it was lovely. We had a clear view of the Strip and we had a clean and quiet room full of glitz and amenities, all for a reasonable price. It was great.

The walking was a bit of a hassle at times and the brakfast room was overrated, but all in all it is a good hotel in a good location. Ther are many similar and competing hotels in Las Vegas but The Venetian is a pretty good option for would-be travellers.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Nathan1000

Dear Nathan1000,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your kind words. I am humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. We are a large property indeed as we strive to provide a wide array of amenities and attractions under the same roof.

We all look forward to the privilege of serving you on a return trip to this fabulous city.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Like everything in Vegas is huge! Just WOW! The room suites, the services the decoration the shopping experience. Definitely a five star hotel or even more! You can have access as a guest to TAO nightclub and TAO beach.

Room Tip: Choose Rooms with strip view and as high as possible.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Elina G,

Thank you for your feedback. Exceeding each and every guest’s expectations is our specialty here at The Venetian. I am pleased to read your kind words and thank you for sharing them. I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Had a blast at the Venetian during my last trip to Las Vegas. Rooms were VERY spacious, with a separate seating area, and a very luxourious bathroom. We had 4 girls stay in each room, with double beds, and the extra seating area there was PLENTY of room for each of us to put our luggage, apply makeup, plug in hair tools, etc. Loved how centrally located the Venetian was on the strip. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Christine T,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian for a bachelorette getaway! What a fun way to celebrate, and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad that you found the suites and amenities on property to be convenient for the occasion, and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Thank you again for your stellar review, and I look forward to welcoming you all back again.