“Excellent stay.”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I went to Vegas with family members have a good time and relax.
It is a wonderful Hotel complex with everything you could ever need. A lot of restaurants just an elevator ride away. This is definitely money well spent.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Pierre-Luc P,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian as host for your recent visit to Las Vegas and taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to read that your family vacation went superbly. Thank you for your compliments as we take great pride in providing experiences that are truly spectacular. I look forward to your return visit, and The Venetian being your home away from home.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My friend and I had always wanted to stay at the Venetian, so this summer we decided to do it for a 4-night stay. Unfortunately, the 5 star rating didn't live up to our expectations.

Front Desk: Check-in was fast and the front desk employees were professional and accommodating. My friend brought some DVD's and she made sure we were in a room that had a DVD machine (though FYI: they are in the process of removing all the DVD machines).

Cleanliness of the Room: It was not very clean! While unpacking, I found a Tao club wristband under the dresser. Two days later, I moved the stool in the bathroom to sit down and put on makeup there for a change, only to find an open shampoo bottle spilled under the chair; obviously, housekeeping didn't bother to lift up or move the stool to mop. It must have been there when we checked in; yuck. The baseboard in the toilet area was dirty, and the wallpaper was peeling off in there as well. On our last day when my friend was packing, he found what looked like wheat thins on the bedroom floor (was housekeeping eating while cleaning?!). In addition, there was only 1 washcloth on the first day, and the bathmat was not replaced for 2 days. AND, we left a $5 tip for housekeeping every day! Maybe they expected more tip?

Room/Comfort of the room: The suite was spacious and we liked the size. However, the makeup mirror didn't work and the light in the toilet either was broken, or it purposely was on a slow timer that got brighter REALLY slowly; it was really strange. My least favorite thing about the room was that the beds were truly uncomfortable. We had 2 queen beds and we both slept badly/fitfully every night. One side of my bed I called, "the valley of the shadow of death", because of the deep dip closest to the nightstand. The other side was firmer, but the pillows were bad too; believe me, I tried all four of them.

The pool/cabana: We had made a reservation for a cabana for the second day, but upon touring the pool area on our first day and hearing horribly loud rap music on the Venetian side, we asked to switch to the Palazzo poolside. The cabana staff was EXCELLENT (one of the only reasons this review isn't getting a 2 out of 5), and very accommodating. Kate reserved our first choice of a cabana for us, which made it nice for my visiting elderly parents, and Chase was a wonderful cabana boy. The pool area is beautiful on the Palazzo side. However, the pools are very narrow, and some are only about a foot deep!! Very strange. It was difficult to do any kind of real swimming. The cabana itself had plenty of seating, had a fan and an aircondition vent. The cabana fridge was stocked with tons of mini-water bottles, but no sodas (unlike other cabanas we've rented at other resorts in Vegas). We had a delicious lunch in the cabana and the restrooms/showers/changing stalls were spotlessly clean.

Gambling: no big wins, but we didn't lose fast either!

Location: Great. Short walk (important when it is 108 degrees) to the mall, the Wynn, and Treasure Island. There is also a HUGE Walgreen's (2nd largest in the world, apparently) under the Venetian, accessed by an escalator.

Restaurants/Shopping: Plenty of choices. Our favorite restaurant is the Grand Luxe Cafe, and there's one on the Venetian side, and the Palazzo side.

Check-out: very polite, quick and professional, and the other reason this hotel isn't getting a 2 out of 5). When I was asked about our stay, I honestly answered about the lack of cleanliness in the room, etc., and the staffmember apologized and took off the daily resort fees.

Overall, I do not recommend the Venetian. My friends and I go to Vegas 2-3 times a year, and have stayed many different places. We were more impressed with The Hotel (now known as The Delano, part of Mandalay Bay) for a suite hotel, which was a lot less expensive. And as I said to the front desk employee and my friend, "The Venetian is not the Wynn!!" If you're going to spend that kind of money, stay at the Wynn!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank teachertraveller17

Dear teachertraveller18,

Thank you for taking the time to apprise me of your recent stay experience. Please accept my sincerest apologies for multiple shortfalls you encountered. Your experience is very atypical of The Venetian, and I am truly disappointed that these shortfalls were imposed on you.

I value you as a guest and again extend my apologies and invite you to be in touch with our Guest Relations team, who will be reaching out to you, as I would like an opportunity to gather more details of the challenges you experienced.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We spent a night at the Venetian as part of a road trip throughout the Southwestern USA. Our room at the hotel was one of the highlights of our trip. Incredible value for the price. All of the staff were extremely helpful. The resort is massive, and it's easy to get lost, but there are lots of staff positioned to help one find their way around. The restaurant and shopping options were phenomenal.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear jdcpianoman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and I sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing The Venetian to host you during your Southwestern USA road trip. I am elated that your suite was the highlight of your trip! I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to The Venetian each time your travels take you back to this fabulous city.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Really good stay at the Venetian. Rooms were massive, well laid out and comfy.
Staff were all helpful. It wasn't a bad location at all. However don't underestimate how big and how far away things are here !!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DJ1390

Dear DJ1390,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that your stay was exceptional, and I look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Venetian is our go-to hotel when in Vegas. Choose carefully as It's busier but more convenient (to food and shopping) and hopping than the neighboring Palazzo. Friday and Saturday nights can be quite noisy, but that's anywhere in Vegas. The one room suite has a separate living room with its own TV---like a higher quality Spring Hill Suites or Hyatt Place. Pools and Canyon Ranch spas are some of the best in town and provide great service (as part of the resort fee).

Room Tip: ask for pool view instead of Strip view. You will still see the Strip, but the pools from above the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear texas_zippy,

The continued return of a loyal guest is the highest honor that we can earn and I thank you for bestowing this upon The Venetian | The Palazzo. Thank you for your feedback and continued loyalty. I look forward to exceeding your expectations for many trips to come.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed here in 2013 for our honeymoon and it was absolutely fantastic - I could not have wished for a better stay. The room was beautiful and the bed was really comfortable. Everyone was helpful and it was the best hotel we stayed in during our 3 weeks in 5* hotels.

We want to come back in April 2015 and will hope to stay in the same room/area as it was incredible.

Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear bex9993,

Congratulations on your recent wedding and thank you for sharing you positive experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that you had a romantic Honeymoon trip and that we lived up to all of your expectations. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for many romantic trips in the future and wish you and your spouse a lifetime of love and happiness.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Venetian provided us with an experience we have never had...THEFT OF OUR PERSONAL ITEMS from the hotel room! A t-shirt was taken from a dresser drawer and a bra was taken from the closet. We never removed these items from the room and never allowed outside guests into our suite. The only people with access to our room were my husband, myself and hotel staff. We discovered the missing items upon packing up on our last day, July 25th. We notified the front desk and were offered to fill out a report. As our items were not valuable and we were set to fly out, we declined. I assume our complaint never reached anyone past the front desk clerk. I imagine we are not the first guests of the Venetian this has happened to. This is very disheartening.

I always read reviews before traveling. Occasionally a review of theft comes up but I never imagined this would happen to us. Of course I kept money and valuables in the safe. It's an uncomfortable feeling to have my bra stolen. Although the items taken are not of monetary value, the feelings we are left with will remain forever.

Although we enjoyed our business/pleasure trip, I will never stay at the Venetian again, and will never again unpack my suitcase while vacationing.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
16  Thank Kristie S

Dear Kristie S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to apprise us of your concerns through TripAdvisor. We here at The Venetian put the safety and security of our guests and their belongings as top priority. I am unable to speak about your incident as I do not have the full details of the situation, but I would like to assure you that my team is diligent in ensuring that all matters are addressed.

As you may know, TripAdvisor does not link reviews to reservations, so I am unable to verify and research your claim through your review.

Direct contact with my team would be appreciated, so that we may swiftly research and investigate your claim. I invite you to please be in touch with my team, who will be reaching out to you via TripAdvisor, so that I may gather more details of your visit.

Our guests are important to each and everyone of us. Behaviors like you described are not condoned at The Venetian, and I will most definitely ensure that an extensive investigation is done to validate your claim.

I look forward to hearing from you.