The Venetian Las Vegas
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$67
US$188
US$144
  • Restaurant
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$387
US$204
Official Site
  • Pool
Luxor Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$113
US$247
US$203
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$112
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$215
Orbitz.com
26,796 results
All reviewsvenezia towergondola ridebella suitecanal shopsgrand luxsunken living roombeautiful hotelcanyon ranch spaluxury suitesitting areafood courtrooms are hugeother hotelsmini barstrip viewtreasure islandresort fee
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I had never been to Las Vegas and was astounded at the scale of everything. Felt like I was in 'Honey I Shrunk the Kids' as everything was just enormous. The Venetian is very large and very grand. For $159/night I had not just one room but two - a bedroom AND a living room complete with a yellow chenille sectional couch, three TVs (one in the bathroom), and even my very own printer. The spa/fitness area is wonderful. There are several nice pools. The most amazing area was the second floor indoor shopping mall which is set up to look as though you are outside in Italy. The ceiling (which is way up there) is painted to look like the sky, and there are even gondolas, water, etc. The illusion is that you can eat 'outside' -- and you really feel like you ARE outside, just no heat and no bugs. It's incredible. The casinos are nice (if you like casinos) -- I walked around and would say these are nicer than many of the others. Everything is a very long walk, I was there for a conference and it was a good 15 minute walk from my room to the conference halls. Many, many restaurants -- everything quite expensive. The outside temperature was not tolerable to be outside for any length of time. I don't mind the heat normally, but at 110-115 it's too much. I didn't really love Las Vegas, but if I were to return I'd stay at the Venetian again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mskrisanda
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear mskrisanda,

We love hearing from our first time guests as we know the importance of a lasting first impression. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and for choosing The Venetian as your home away from home during your first Vegas experience. I am elated that you had such a great time and would return. It was our pleasure hosting you, and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian each time your travels bring you to our city.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Was our 2nd time there and got to see more of it.....still haven't seen everything there is, but plan to go back for sure. I couldn't get enough of the beautiful replications of painted ceilings, marble floors, etc. too much to name......if Italy is anything like the way they made this place, I'll be willing to take that trip some day......if not, I'm completely happy going here :)

1  Thank dzkomom
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear dzkomom,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team members. They will truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you. Every aspect of The Venetian | The Palazzo was created for the enjoyment of our guests, from our luxurious suites and beautifully re-created historic landmarks of Venice, Italy, to hand-painted frescos and world-class restaurants. I am so very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Beautiful casino, great suite rooms, awesome service, and great location on the strip! The only negative is the layout of the towers and shoppes, which can get confusing. However, the kids liked that too, as they found navigating through the maze a game in itself!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amit B

Dear Amit B,

Thank you for sharing this glowing feedback. Providing an unmatched guest experience is of paramount importance here at The Venetian. I am pleased to read that although you found our resort to be quite large, your children were able to navigate through and enjoy themselves at the same time! Sounds as if they had so much fun. Thank you for sharing, and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 4 days of our honeymoon. It is an amazing hotel, beautiful decor and architecture, huge foyer and very spacious bedrooms. There are no "standard" rooms in this hotel, every room is a Suite and they range in size and amenities. When we checked in we were upgraded from a basic suite to a Prima suite and the room we were in was HUGE. It had a hallway with a toilet off it, a massive living room with a 40" TV, a bar area off the living room which also had a 40" TV, double-doors leading into the bedroom which had a massive bed, 2 armchairs and another 40" TV, a vanity area with a wardrobe, which then lead into the bathroom - 2 separate sink areas, a double-shower, huge jaccuzi bathtub, and a separate toilet room. The room was way bigger than what we neeeded but it was great to experience such luxurious living!
The location of the hotel is ok - it's at the North end of Las Vegas Boulevard (or "The Strip") so it's not very central. However you can easily walk the length of the strip and back in a day's adventuring, it just depends on the heat. We did it by walking through the hotels as most of them are connected internally so you can stay in the air-conditioning if it's too hot outside. You can get the Monorail from one end of the Strip to the other, but it doesn't stop at every hotel so the nearest stop to the Venetian is the one at the Flamingo hotel, which is about a 10 minute walk. The hotel offers a shuttle bus to McCarran Airport for $7.50 per person (which is good as a cab is approximately $30-35).
The hotel has a good pool area which we didn't use but it looked quite busy, there weren't a huge number of sun-loungers so it may be hard to find one on a busy day.
There are loads of restaurants, cafes, shops, bars, etc within the hotel itself. The Grand Lux Cafe is the "anchor" restaurant of the hotel and is currently run by the Cheesecake Factory - the food is great and it also does a great breakfast. The new restaurant by "Cake Boss" Buddy Valastro has recently opened in The Venetian - we ate there but didn't find it very good and wouldn't eat there again. There are too many places to mention them all but there is definitely a great range of choices, both of food and of prices.
I would stay in the Venetian again as the hotel itself is wonderful and I can't fault it, and it's probably the nicest hotel on the Strip, however for a better location I would be inclined to stay in the Bellagio or Ceaser's Palace.

1  Thank irishopinion

Dear irishopinion,

There is a wide array of hotels and resorts on the Las Vegas Strip, and I am so thankful that you chose to experience what The Venetian has to offer. I appreciate the tips that you have provided our fellow travelers. We strive to provide amenities and attractions that transports our guests to refined conveniences and elegance, so it is with sheer delight that you experienced just that.

Thank you for your insight, and I look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We just came back from Las Vegas. We stayed at the Venetian for 5 days,4 nights. The hotel and property are beautiful. Checking into the hotel was easy. When we arrived there weren't any line ups. We traveled with another couple. Upon check in only one of our rooms was ready, which wasn't a big deal, we had a place to leave our bags. Our friends room was the room that was ready, we asked if it would be possible for our rooms to be side by side when our room was ready. The lady checking us in said that we would be next door to each other. Well when we were called that our room was ready, we found out our rooms were a few doors down from each other. We asked at the front desk if it would be possible for us to move into an adjoining room. We were told that if we wanted an adjoining room each couple would have to pay an extra $10 per night. I asked the lady if we didn't know each other and were put into an adjoining room we wouldn't be charged extra. I thought that it was ridiculous to want to charge us extra because we wanted to open a door in between the rooms. We opted to stay in the rooms which we were assigned since we had already paid a small fortune to stay here. On a positive note the rooms are beautiful and the beds are so comfortable. Each room as a 2 TVs, one in the living room and one in the bedroom area. There is a mini fridge in the room as well. The fridge is stocked with soda and alcohol. There are sensors inside the fridge so if anything is moved even if you didn't drink it , the room would be charged for it. We just peaked in there and there was someone elses old salami and grapes. Not what I expected to find in a fridge at a 5 star hotel. We called the front desk and someone came up and took the rotten food out. We got a simple sorry for it. The casino was big and clean. We only played on the slots and won a few dollars. The hotel is huge so be prepared for a lot of walking. Overall we had a great time, but I don't think we'd stay at this hotel again.

2  Thank Joanna B

Dear Joanna B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Thank you for choosing The Venetian as your host during your most recent visit. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success- most especially because you have every right to hold high expectations of us. Although suite assignments are based upon availability, please accept my apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced with our services and your suite. I am disappointed that we did not have the opportunity to try to rectify these challenges while you were staying here. As you know, TripAdvisor reviews are not linked to your reservation and therefore I cannot easily find a way to contact you; however, I encourage you to be in touch with my Guest Relations team, who will be contacting you directly, so that I may look into this further.