“Enormous and clean hotel.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Venetian Resort Hotel Casino

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Venetian Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #9 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
yorkshire
“Enormous and clean hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2009

We stayed here for 5 nights at the start of our holiday. Been to Vegas 2 years ago...stayed in the Mirage. First impressions were impressive, the check in area is ostentatious, check in was smooth and quick. Very happy with the venetian suite which was a strip view room. Spacious, clean and very comfortable. Bed enormous and very comfy. Bathroom massive with 2 sinks...large walk in shower, lovely soap products, plentiful supply. 3 TV's, but didn't use the bathroom one.
Lounge area in suite was lovely...great suite, large dining table and work desk with fax etc...everything you needed really! Probably the most spacious and well equipped room/suite I have stayed in. Cleaned regularly and to good standard. Good choice of restaurants, plentiful in supply, never seen so many. David Burke...excellent food and service. For breakfast, excellent croissants, OJ and coffee from La Bouchon kiosk...take back to the suite and enjoy. Concierges who we encountered were extremely helpful and knowledgable. The venetian felt very safe with a good atmosphere. Very busy though particularly around the Grand Canal shops and the Square. If you tire of restaurants there is also a fast food court. The pool areas are very clean with many sunbeds although in some areas they are very very close together. Poolside food very good. Yes the lighting in the suite was subtle, and the furniture a little dark, but the hotel is supposed to recreate a traditional italian hotel, not a contemporary, modern chain! The venetian for us has barely any negatives...it has basically everything you need from a hotel and more. However, as this is a review, i will mention the few we experienced! No coffee maker, was a downside...but we bought 1 from the very close Walgreens which practically in the building. The thumping beat from Tao beach was a bit repetitive and irritating after several hours...we could clearly hear it in our room which was 33 floors up...but we got used to this. We booked a "suite life package"...I would say don't bother as it is a little misleading. The breakfast deal states "1 breakfast through in-suite dining", but never in a million years did we imagine that would be 1 for 1 person. we thought, 1 breakfast each as the suite was booked for 2 people! So we ordered our "paid for" breakfast...which did take a while to get the phone answered. Have to say though, when it arrived at the suite, the service was amazing...the staff set the table like we were in a top restaurant and the breakfast was awesome! On checking out, we realised the coupon was for only 1 breaky. Bit strange that a suite package for 2, gives only 1 breakfast. We pointed out the misleading coupon, but this got us nowhere...we had to pay! The other coupons are seemingly for 2, barring the $25 slot coupon which is obviously for $25 and you have to join club grazia to get this and the line is massive...they don't tell you this when you order the package! Anyway, this was the only bit of dissatisfaction...so if you avoid the package or are prepared to pay, then you should have no problems. We popped in2 the Encore and Wynn, for a look around and oh my god...amazing. So although we would def stay at the venetian again if in vegas, after seeing these hotels next door, we may give them a go. This is by no means due to any fault at the venetian.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank coyd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,557)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2009

The Venetian was the best hotel ive ever been to. It was amazing. Ive been to Vegas a few times and have previously stayed in the Luxor, Golden Nugget, MGM Grand and hard rock and the Venetian was the best by far. The rooms are unbelievable - their standard rooms, which i stayed in had two 32 inch flat screen tvs, one in the bedroom area and one in the living room area, there was also a 17 inch tv in the bathroom. In the bathroom, there was a separate roman tub and shower and in the living room, an l shaped couch. I loved the fact that there was a remote control to open the curtains - pue luxury, i felt like i was a celebrity. The hotel itself is beautiful and like most hotels in vegas - absolutely huge. The only downside is that i could only afford to stay here for one night - it is extremely expensive!! I moved to a different hotel after. If it is something you can afford, then its well worth it. I didnt find the service bad but expect to tip or they will hang around and wait until you do but i suppose if you can afford to stay there then you should be able to tip for everything. I didnt get a chance to check out their pool area but from what ive heard, its meant to be great. its location is great, right in the centre of the strip across from the mirage. I would definitely recommend staying here for a bit of pampering and luxury

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Candelisaton
Brooklyn
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2009

Hello to all globetrotters everywhere,
My friend wanted to celebrate her birthday so she decided that a trip to Vegas will do. Because of my flight delay, I arrived at the hotel at 1am. The next day, I noticed that our suite was dark.So I mentionned it to my friends and we realize that some of our lights were not working. So I decided to call the front desk. It took me a good 20 minutes to get someone on the phone, a receptionist who mentionned that they will get to the problem. To their credit, we came back the lighting situation was better. The service at the venitian SUUUCKS.. To say the least. You cannot not get anybody on the phone if you want to.. On the other hand, I love the fact that they have some beautiful restaurants, like the Mario Batalli and Emerial Lagassi and they have something called in Europe a square that reminded me of Italy. It is ok in terms of decor but the service SUCKS....

Go At your own risk.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank ELLABLEUE
Santa Barbara, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2009

After returning from a recent weekend visit to the Venetian, I can honestly say there are much better five diamond hotels on the Vegas strip. For the same cost, the Bellagio and the Wynn are much better alternatives to the Venetian. And unlike the Venetian, those hotels treat you like a valued guest. If the Venetian was a three diamond hotel, it would explain the condition of the rooms and the disrespectful way in which we were treated. For a five diamond, there is no excuse.

Highlights of the things that soured our experience are as follows:

1. Cattle call check in and pure chaos when we arrived – It was clear that the desk attendants were trying to get everyone through the line as quickly is possible, which I appreciate, but not at the expense of making your hotel guests feel like they don’t matter.

2. Newly programmed key cards that don’t work on the door – We had four keys. Two of them worked.

3. Worn condition of rooms – The rooms have definitely seen better days. There were stains on our couch and missing buttons. The lighting was so dim, even with all the lights on. We found face wash cloths from previous guests hanging on our door, and the bathroom door wouldn’t close.

4. Disrespectful staff – My husband and I are in our twenties, which is the only reason I can think of that would explain why we were repeatedly treated by hotel staff like we couldn’t possibly be guests there. The funny thing is, the Venetian isn’t any more pricey than the Bellagio or the Wynn and both those places make us feel welcome. I don’t know why the Venetian is so full of themselves. They required we show our hotel room cards before charging to our room and before we could enter the elevators to go up to our room. I understand and appreciate security measures, but there is a nice way to do it, and there is a mean way to do it. They consistently approached us like we couldn’t afford to be guests there until we flashed our card. I was even ID’d before I could charge to our room for breakfast. The funny thing about that is that at that particular restaurant, you HAVE to be a hotel guest to even get into the restaurant!

5. Being charged for “free” breakfast – Our package included daily complimentary breakfast for two. We called to confirm it was for two people prior to placing our order. They assured us it was. Then they charged us $27 for our free breakfast. We had to dispute the claim during check out, which meant standing in the long check out line instead of being able to use the television check out. While the front desk attendant was nice, she couldn’t/wouldn’t take the charge off and made us file a complaint with guest services. Two weeks later and we still haven’t gotten a response from them.

6. Waiting on hold – Waiting ten minutes on hold just to reach someone at the front desk is not acceptable for a five diamond hotel.

None of the above-mentioned complaints ruined our weekend, but knowing that for the same amount of money, we can stay at a hotel that truly makes us feel like guests, there is no reason to ever return to the Venetian. What a disappointment!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank LizMcLure
Warwickshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2009

This was the first stop of our honeymoon and boy was it the best start! There was a small queue at reception to check in but it was worth the wait as the room was fantastic. The bed was really comfortable, bathroom was huge, and it had a seperate living area. (this was a standard king suite).

The hotel has a graet choice of restaurants and bars. We dined in the Canaletto the first eveing and becuase I booked and mentioned it was our honeymoon they gave us our own priviate dining room without extra charge. Very nice.

It also has a great romantic ambeinece about it. The whole experience was excellent. Definately recommended.

P.s. The casino was good too!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank K8tylou
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2009

We stayed in a "Venezia Bella View Suite" Saturday and Sunday nights. Overall it was a pleasant stay, and we enjoyed the Venetian quite a bit.

On the upside:
-------------------
A) The interior of the combined Pallazo/Venetian is very nice. There are numerous places to shop/entertain/dine within the complex, and it is a very pleasant (if not a bit Disneyland-ish) environment. The hotel service was good, timely, and friendly.

B) The room was well appointed, spacious, and very comfortable.

C) Tons of good dining options abound in the Ventian/Pallazo.

On the downside:
-------------------
1) Going anywhere is a real effort. Leaving your Venezia suite involves **a lot** of walking and a chain of elevators. The walking distances to go anywhere are just absurd. I'd swear I walked less when I worked in downtown San Francisco taking public transit everywhere.

2) The hotel info lists the Venezia pool as a private pool for Venezia tower guests. There's nothing private about it. Anyone can go there. During our stay the pool deck wasn't overcrowded though. I suspect that it doesn't get overrun by outsiders because of the afore-mentioned walking distances and chain of elevators. The pool area is nice, but it is misleading to refer to it as private.

3) Hotel checkin at the Venetian is grossly understaffed, and the directions for Venezia guests are incorrect. When I arrived, there was a checkin line that looked like a line for Space Mountain. There were at least 100 people in the line. As I scanned the area and began to seethe in anger, I noticed the signs that directed Venezia tower guests to another lobby. After a bit of a walk and an elevator ride to get there, I found an empty lobby with a concierge who politely told me to go back downstairs; that Venezia checkin was combined with Venitian checkin. I almost lost it. I asked the concierge if she really expected me to stand in the ridiculous check in line. She recommended I go to a "special" line. I did, and there was one person in front of me. From there, check in was snappy. BEWARE though... if you are a Ventian guest, be prepared for an abusive checkin wait. The line was full nearly every time I walked past it during my stay.

4) My room type was a "Venzia Bella View Suite." The view was of the air conditioner fans and the McCarran Airport. Yay! There are 6 possible views, 5 of which are decent. I had the crap one.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank radvas
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2009

I have stayed at virtually every hotel on the Strip (and off) and until now my favorites had been in order of favorite Caesar's, Bellagio's, Palazzo,Mandalay Bay,The Hotel and Paris.. Now top of the list is the Venetian. My suite was perfection in every detail. The bed was beyond comfortable and the bathroom and its amenities beyond luxurious. Also the casino is a lot more fun than most of the others and the choice of restaurants fantastic. I can't wait to go back!

Stayed July 2009, travelled solo