Park MGM Las Vegas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Royal Resort(Las Vegas)
View Hotel
The Rita Suites(Las Vegas)
  • Breakfast included
17,347 results
All reviewsfood courtmonaco suitewave poollazy riverpool areafree tramthe blue man groupspa suiteother hotelsnew york new yorkstrip viewm lifegreat location on the striphigh floortrip to vegasmcbellagio
Reviewed 22 October 2012

was very pricey but you get what you pay for. Easy to check in great valet service, lots to do and see, we had a spa room and was on the 29 th floor so we had a great view and enough room to move. One thing the silicone in bathroom was lifting and a little mouldy but apart from that all good.

Best bed I have slept in yet

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2012

stayed for the 1st time at the Monte Carlo. Very nice, comfortable and clean rooms, but did not appreciate the $20 resort fee. Was there from 10/16 thru 10/20. Food at the buffet was very good with a great selection for dinner. Good Location on the strip.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Our very first trip to Vegas and a wonderful stay at Monte Carlo! Very clean and wonderful hospitality from the staff. We had a Spa Suite on the 30th floor with a gorgeous view, and it was right off of the elevator. (Which I was kind of worried about because I figured we would hear noisy people in the early am, but with the bed being so far away from the door, we never heard anything) The tub was huge and just perfect for 2 people! The turndown service in the evenings were divine, with chocolates on the pillows, a soothing aquarium on the tv and soft music playing by the bedside. Sure was nice to come back to that after a grueling walk on Freemont and the strip.
The Monte Carlo still has class even though it isn't the newest and shiniest on the Strip. The inside of the lobby and casino were beautiful and very clean! (Just a reminder: Some things aren't as great as they seem when you look at them closely. While we were in the casino at Venetian, even though the ceilings are beautiful, I had to peel myself away from some of the machines because they were so sticky & filthy! Plus move loaded ashtrays and empty glasses from machines I wanted to play...and this was midday on a weekday!)
Monte Carlo is in a good central area with the bus stop right outside the door. My only complaint is the Original Chicken Tender place in the food court. Gross! The chicken was wet it was so greasy and the fries were too. Plus the fries were so salty I couldn't even eat them. That was $9 that ended up right in the trash can.
Quick Tip: Take a taxi to/from the airport instead of the shuttle. Much quicker and the same price for two people.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SarahLaJune
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Just got back from staying at the Monte Carlo - stayed 4 nights October 11th-thru 15th. We are a M-Life card holder, so we got the room comped - also got all our buffets and got Blue Man tickets at half price but then later comped off. The staff is very friendly and check in and check out was a breeze. Got a room on the non-smoking floors, but someone had smoked in our room - did not ask for another room as the hotel cannot control this - I just wish that people who get a non-smoking room would NOT SMOKE IN IT!!!!! Tram to Aria and Belliago is a great thing - location of the Monte Carlo is fantastic. Have now stayed there 3 times and have not been disappointed. Not sure about their "Big Belly Buffet". Didn't see much difference in the last time (May2012), but the price did go up - still good food just don't like the new name. (me being picky!) Found a diamond ring on our floor and turned in to security - checked when we left and someone had claimed it - I was glad as the ring was unique and glad I could help someone find their lost ring. Husband helped some women from a foreign country claim her winnings - the machine locked up and she was just going to walk away but my husband showed her she had won $4000!!!! She was very gratiful after they got someone to help with her language. See, when you help people, it comes back around!!!! We had a great time and would stay they again.

Room Tip: Always stay on the non-smoking floors although sometimes that does ot guarantee that someone has not somoked in your roo but the hotel cannot help that.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank buckeyeCookeville
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I have been to Las Vegas 16 times. I have stayed up and down the strip. My recent stay at the Monte Carlo has to be one of the most disappointing stays I have ever experienced in Vegas. I was there from 10/16 to 10/19 for a conference. The rate was decent, although I had a problem with the $20.00 plus tax Resort fee.

STRIKE ONE

Upon arrival, I was placed on the 9th floor in the 2nd to the last room on the floor with a view and SMELL of the hotels trash facility. My co-worker that was traveling with me (who is a white female) was also given a room on the same floor; but her room was mid-range on the floor and she had a view of the Las Vegas Strip. This was a problem for me, considering we checked in together, although she was before me.

I stayed in the room for one night, and called the front desk to have my room switched. I was told the process by the gentleman that answered the phone. He informed me that I would have until 5:00pm that day to complete the room switch. I packed everything and left for my conference. While walking over to the conference, I stopped at the front desk to see if there was anything else I needed to do to complete the room switch. To my surprise, the front desk agent indicated there was nothing in my folio that stated I was switching rooms. She in a very nasty tone asked me “what is wrong with your room.” I told her my issue and she stated that “we are very crowded this week, I doubt if you will be able to change your room.” By this time, I was getting a little heated. I informed her that I was told I could change rooms, so please update my folio to reflect it. After a few words, she reluctantly did so.

STRIKE TWO

After my conference was over for the day, I went back to the front desk to get my new key. My new room was mid-range on the 27th floor with a view of the Strip. I thought this was much better until I saw the blood on the ceiling (go figure) and realized that I had moths for roommates. I decided to kill the roommates and not look at the ceiling.

STRIKE THREE – YOU’RE OUT!

My stay at the Monte Carlo was awful! In addition to the room issues, I had a problem at the Dragon Noodle restaurant. Although the food was good, I had to make the hostess seat me in the very empty main dining room instead of behind a side wall.

Finally, I wanted to address the $20.00 per night Resort fee. Normally, I would not have a problem with this considering the hotels do offer some extra amenities for the cost. At the Montel Carlo, you get the following for $20.00 (plus tax) per night:

In-room wired internet – forget using your IPAD. There is wireless access at the Food Court.
Fitness center access
2 daily in-room KEURIG® coffee pods – This was not done daily.
2 daily bottles of Monte Carlo water – This was also not done daily.
Daily newspaper – Papers are in a box at the end of each floor.
Complimentary copying and faxing
Boarding pass printing – Best feature.
Free local and (800) calls – Local calls. Really? Most people use their cellphones

On your next trip to Las Vegas, if you have a choice, don’t choose the Monte Carlo.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Monte Carlo M, Guest Relations Manager at Park MGM Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Hi Philly_Romantic,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate all feedback we receive from guests as it allows us to improve and provide the best service possible. On behalf of our entire housekeeping team we apologize for the cleanliness of your room not meeting our standards or your expectations. We apologize if our resort fee did not meet expectations either. If you could please send any additional details regarding your experience as well as your preferred contact information to GuestRelations@MonteCarlo.com we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers!