18,541 results
All reviewsmonte carlofood courtmonaco suitewave poollazy riverpool areafree tramthe blue man groupspa suiteother hotelsnew york new yorkstrip viewm lifegreat location on the striphigh floormccasino
Reviewed 17 February 2013

To start with, I asked for a Deluxe Smoking room with a king size bed and a view of the strip.
I pointed out that we wanted a Smoking room to the associate that was checking us in.
When we got to our room, we noticed that there weren't any ashtrays or matches. So I called the front desk and was informed that we were on a non smoking floor. So they arranged for us to move to another floor, where we didn't have a king size bed. And as far as a view of the strip, most of what we could see through our window was the the roof of the parking garage. I've never felt so ripped off. On top of that the bathroom had deposits built up on the bath tub faucet, like it never got cleaned. There were giant burn marks on the carpet. (I've had smoking rooms before without all the burn marks.) If I had known all this before I took off, I would have booked a different hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Yes, about $60 a night for a luxury room with a spectacular view of the "Strip" is terrific; and yes, the service and caring of the entire staff is wonderful, not to mention the efficiency of the entire experience, and yes, if you gamble responsibly (I actually won about $800 over 4 days....BIG suprise!), it's fun, and yes, it's always service with a smile-----but, and it's a small "but," nevertheless my pet peeve.............you can get nickled and dimed excessively. Although a tip is always a "gratuity," not a requirement, when my wife and I arrived with a bunch of luggage for this part of our West Coast vacation, it was $5 to take the luggage out of the rental car and bring it into the hotel and another $5 to take it into the room from the lobby! Then, when you want your car again, it's another few dollars.....just a pet peeve. I think about the Best Westerns and how I can take my own luggage upstairs and park my own car without feeling cheap; but I guess this is how people have to make a living. Overall though, a very nice time at the Monte Carlo. And the show we saw in Vegas was certainly worthwhile. It wasn't Blue Man Group because their preliminary casino march was too loud and distracting for me.....colorful and entertaining, but certainly excessively loud.....I didn't lose enough of my hearing during the rock and roll days of my youth!

Room Tip: Get the view!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank unclemillty
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Our first trip to vegas and travelling with a toddler, had a Great suite, loads of room, Great location to walk the strip, we ate at the sports bar which was good, pool was great heaps of room, monorail was handy! Northern outlets are a must so too is the Grand Canyon ! Loved Vegas wish it was closer to Australia

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Ozefamilyof3
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We had a family trip to celebrate our youngest daughter's 21st birthday. The Monte Carlo was a nice place and we all had a good time. Check-in was a pleasure and our agent was extremely helpful. Sorry I do not remember her name.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Greg S
Reviewed 16 February 2013

A decent place to stay, but missing some of the basic comforts I could have gotten at Motel 6.

Lack on in room wireless internet (who doesnt offer that now a days?) and lack of a small bar fridge were major dissapointments. The wireless internet in the lobby and casino was more reliable and faster from the McDonalds on site than the casino's server.

On the other hand, the staff were fantastic. We asked for a firmer mattress since I was ready to die after one night on the original, and it was changed right away. Help from the Bell Desk for cabs, luggage storage, and other general information was very helpful and informative.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple