“Fab hotel- perfect if you are looking for a quieter Vegas hotel!”

Ranked #119 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed at Monte Carlo from 1st October- 13th October for our honeymoon.

Brill hotel- always felt safe. Clean, comfortable and nicely sized room and bathroom.

The hotel is defiantly quieter and less smokier than other Vegas resorts- which is exactly what we wanted. The staff are friendly and helpful.

There is no WI-FI in the rooms and the best place to get wifi is by McDonald's.

Although its not in the middle of the strip it is still in a good location. There is a tram to Aria and Bellagio. The Deuce will take you up and down the strip too!

Room Tip: There are so many fab resorts in Vegas- if you want a quiet location this is defo best resort!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RC_reviewer
Write a ReviewReviews (16,701)

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Not our first time in Las Vegas, having stayed at Luxor and Mirage before we decided to give the Monte Carlo a chance, as it is more centrally located. It did not get off to the best of starts...room reserved for 2 adults and 2 kids and we paid for early check-in; when we arrived we found out they only had a King bed ready...really??? Check-in clerk Amanda was extremely rude! Once manager got involved; everything was worked out and the rest of the staff at the Monte Carlo were excellent! The location is great; the Cafe restaurant is good; highly recommend their pizza and chicken fingers. Again, the staff there was great. I would definitely stay here again; and avoid Amanda at check-in!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BClayton505
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Rooms seemed shabby. Threadbare carpet in the hallways. Would not let you bring a coffee that we BOUGHT from their coffee shop out to their pool. Pool does not get much sun as it is surrounded by all the buildings. Not much open to eat after show at 11:00 pm. With all the hotels in Vegas we will stay somewhere else. Staff in 24 hour Denny type restuarant was SLOW.

Room Tip: We paid extra money for a higher up room with a view. Got the parking lot and espress way to look a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Hello Amy Sue P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that your stay fell short of your expectations. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we welcome you to contact us at guestrelations@montecarlo.com if you would like to discuss your experience in more detail. Again, thank you for sharing your valuable comments and we look forward to hearing from you in the near future!

Lisa G.
Guest Relations Specialist
guestrelations@montecarlo.com

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Don't miss meals at the Hotel's cafe and Brand Steakhouse.
The Pool's Raft Rapids is a real fun workout! I am a M Life membership holder and the rewards available through this makes the visit really enjoyable. I would highly reccomend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rick C
Reviewed 14 October 2013

If you are looking for a classic casino, the Monti Carlo is it. It has many of the classic, and modern games you would look for in a Vegas casino. the casino is clean and well tended. The hotel is another story. The room is not only dated, but dirty and worn out. The beds are confortable and clean, but the carpet, furniture, and amenities are all old and worn out. It was a good stay for me, but I was not in Vegas to sit in the room.......

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We wanted to stay on the strip but didn't need the high class luxury priced hotel and the Monte Carlo was just where we needed to be.
Casino was amazing and paid us well... not to mention all the cocktail waitresses were excellent in service and attentiveness to our needs for beverages!

Also the Pit bosses around the tables were very helpful as well.

Next stop MONTH CARLO

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LilHoss
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My room was gross. The wallpaper was peeling, the carpet was not once vacuumed, bedding had stains and the toilet moved when I sat on it. It was an old cruddy room. One of the worst I have ever stayed in (and I put up with it for a week). I complained to the front desk, Mlife and VIP services. No one cared that I thought it was sub-par (I am a Gold member of Mlife). Not even a discount on the resort fees (I did not use the WiFi and it had been to cloudy to use the pool)!
October is Canadian appreciation month. But don't excpect the deals even if you are Canadian! Upon check in I was told I did not qualify because I did not book the Canadian room rate (yah, that makes sence, I should have to pay more than usual to get the discounts), then I get a phone call saying again, I cannot qualify but the front desk has a coupon for me. Later the next day, I go to the front desk, where I am simply asked for ID that proves I am Canadian and I get the card that gives me all the discounts!
Horrific training and lack of customer care all around!
Now I can say some good. The room has a Kurig and bottled water included. The pool, when it gets sun, is nice. The wave pool was fun and the lazy river was a blast even without a tube. The water was the perfect temperature, but the drinks and food are over priced.
Inside, there are great food choices. I can say I would eat there again, at any of the restaurants!
If you sit at the bar, the servers are charming and attentive.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Hello jenwads,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the different amenities at the hotel and had great experiences at our different dining options during your recent stay. We are sorry that other areas of your experience fell short of your expectations. Your feedback is valuable to us as it allows us to improve and provide the best possible experience for all of our guests. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail we welcome you to contact us at guestrelations@montecarlo.com. Again, we appreciate your review and look forward to hearing from you in the near future!

Lisa G.