“Great Location”

Ranked #120 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This hotel was a great place and has great proximity to airport, dining, shopping, sightseeing and transportation! Staff are friendly, biggest complaint.....it took a long time to get a coffee at Starbucks in the morning! So no complaints really :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (16,692)

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed here for Memorial Day weekend. My sister and I booked a room through a package at my work (I work at AAA travel) and several friends of ours all booked rooms on travelocity or something. Even though we didn't book through the hotel directly, they were really nice when I called and cross referenced all of our bookings together and they put us all close to eachother and on the same floor which was so nice! The front of the hotel was being renovated while we were there but that didn't really matter, we just used the side enterance next to the Diablo's Cantina (good food). I loved how centrally located this hotel was on the strip. We did a lot of walking as it was so anything to be in a good location helped so much. The rooms were a nice size and I liked the casino. The staff were nice and check in was fast. I talked to the concierge once when I needed help getting my boarding passes printed out and he was really nice. This hotel has one of the ice bars in it which was cool and I liked that they also had a lot of food options next to the casino. Like, aside from nice restaurants because when it's 5:30am and you're coming back from a long night out, sometimes you just need a greasy piece of pizza or a cheeseburger to get you back on track. The pools here were nice too. They had a couple hot tubs, a wave pool, a regular pool and a lazy river! There were nice cabanas along the river and we are going again in a few months. Next trip, I planned an extra day so we can rent a cabana and spend a day by the pool. I reccomend staying here and would do so again. In fact, I am going again at the end of March 2014. Woo hoo! Can't wait!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank terradactyl89
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed 5 nights at the Monte Carlo mid-November, our room, strip view on the 31st floor fine, everything we needed. Bathroom was clean, shower excellent pressure, decent products. About the only negative, as said by everyone was no Wi Fi….. Construction out front out front woke me each morning at 06:00, the never ending back up beeps.
Loved the Blue Men nightly walk through.
Check-in speedy enough, Maria who was at the desk was amazingly efficient and ultra-people orientated.
We like the casino, the smoke??? Well if you are unfortunate to have two smokers plonk down each side of you, and or a cigar smoker nearby, you are hooped, ventilation notwithstanding. No problem getting drinks, if you’re gambling your drinking, and Angie was the greatest!
We liked the food court, and used it quite often for snacks, especially liked Sbarro’s. The buffet we found to be excellent for breakfast, lots of choices and fresh, the booths are tight. Had a promotion booking with Expidia, 2 free buffets per day. As said amazingly good, especially the hi-test weekend meal.

Tried the pub one night for supper, expensive and none too good. Lots of good draught beer and an excellent bartender from Albania.
Great location, did lots of walking, everything nearby, bought a bus pass and did the Outlet Mall, Freemont, and Pawn Stars for cheap.
All in all we loved the MC, the people, the price, location.

Room Tip: Strip view is worth the extra, higher the better...
1  Thank Riverviewpines
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is probably the 3rd time I come back to the Monte Carlo as they are very convenient to the strip and city center. Arriving early and checking in always gets you to a higher floor room. I had delays on my flights and usually get the lower floors with no view. Room is in good condition as my other reviews. Room services is always prompt and willing to provide extra towels and water bottles.

While waiting for check in, I was advised by one of the employees that they will be renovating the rooms. Not sure if this is true, but it would be a nice addition to what they currently have.

Room Tip: Arriving early will bump you to a higher room floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Travelling D
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Hi Travelling D!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you continue to choose us when travelling to Las Vegas. Our location is very popular with our guests and we are pleased to see you found it convenient as well. We appreciate your review and look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Was looking forward to this as a surprise for me but on arrival bathroom floor had blood on it, long dark hair in the bath and although receptionist was so obliging, the overall finish in the room wasn't great.
The music in the lift from the small screen is awful and overpowering and the resort is sold on it's website as more quiet than others but it was so much louder on the casino floor, I left to gamble elsewhere.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Karen W

Hi Karen W,

We sincerely apologize that your stay fell short of your expectations. It is concerning to hear about your experience and we would value the opportunity to discuss this with you further. If you could send any additional details including your preferred contact information to guestrelations@montecarlo.com we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your constructive feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

For the most part, this is a nice hotel. Nothing fancy, but conveniently located near the MGM/NYNY/Excalibur/Tropicana intersection. Elevators are right off the lobby so no need to truck your luggage through the casino to get to your room. The place is clean and the front door is close to Las Vegas Blvd, so not a lot of walking once you get to the front doors if heading out for the day (or evening). I thought the pillows were horribly uncomfortable and I woke up every day with a stiff neck.

Bad part is, once I got home and unpacked, my watch and a gold ring are missing. I have a call and e-mail in to the lost and found, but don't have a reply yet. I hope they turn up -- otherwise I'll have no other opinion than they got stolen out of the room. I'm holding my opinion for now hoping they were found. I should have kept my jewelry in the safe --- and you should do the same.

2  Thank FromAlaska
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Hello FromAlaska,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel during your visit. It is concerning to hear about other areas of your experience and we would value the opportunity to discuss this with you further. If you could please send us any additional details including your preferred contact information to guestrelations@montecarlo.com we would greatly appreciate it. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We did not pay much to stay here for the 4 nights we were here. I was pretty happy with it for the amount of money it cost us. The carpets in the halls were gross, they should clean them more regularly or something.The beds were pretty comfy, pillows were not very good, had a sore neck each morning. First night there we 20 yr olds partying in the halls but after that is was pretty quiet. We had a connecting room which was less than ideal, would have preferred to not be connected to anyone. The location is fantastic with lots nearby. We ate at the café and D.Vino, neither of them were great but we did not expect anything grand from them. I would not return to this hotel in the future, I saw the other hotels and if I ever returned to Vegas I would ante up the extra money for a nicer hotel. However if you are on a budget this place fits the bill. I was not a fan of Las Vegas in general so doubt I will return any time soon.

1  Thank jamsmak04

Hello jamsmak04,

Thank you for sharing your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the bed and location of the hotel during your stay. We are sorry to see that other areas of your experience fell short of your expectations and we welcome you to contact us at guestrelations@montecarlo.com if you wish to discuss your visit in more detail. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope to welcome you back again during a future visit to Las Vegas.