This hotel needs a major facelift. Don't come here if you are fussy about cleanliness.
Too aged and outdated rooms. Ripped off wall papers, broken lamp shades, dirty looking carpets and chairs. Beds were comfy and clean but had too high pillows. We had to upgrade to high floor with Strip view for $10/night extra. We got a room on 31st floor and the view was good. We didn't get bothered by any noise and it was quiet. The resort fee of $20/night plus taxes is a rip off but it is same across all hotels on the Strip. No fridge provided free. You can get that for additional charges of $15/night.
The bath tub was chipped, the tap was leaking and the flush was the scariest. It made such a noise that it made me jump when I used it for the first few times and my 9 year old son was scared to use it for a day. He also spotted a toothpick on the carpet which made me almost puke. It was really disgusting. I am not coming back to this hotel ever again.
Certainly not child friendly as you have to access the restaurants, food courts, lifts and also the Strip through the casinos. Choose other hotels if you are traveling with kids.
The hotel is huge and we did not see any bellman so had to lug our suitcases on our own. The check-in was easy and quick although there was a long queue. We used the express check-out on the TV. The keys get deactivated once you do that so keep everything ready to go. You can drop off the key cards at the boxes located near the lobby.
We did not use the pool as it was winter time.
Positives- it has a food court with McDonald but you have to walk through the smoke filled casinos to access the food courts and restaurants. We had dinner at the Dragon Noodle co one night, food was good. The buffet had all day pass for $35, unlimited number of time access and many variety.
Location of the hotel is good as you have everything close-by but it is a long walk from the hotel rooms to the Strip through the casinos or outside.
Premium outlet South is closer, you can reach in 15min using SDX bus. For north outlet it takes almost an hour. Same shops in both so going to North is not recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Resort and Casino is located in the heart of The Strip, putting you in the center of the Las Vegas excitement. Explore the possibilities with a collection of well-appointed room options including our Deluxe Rooms with their contemporary decor, High Floor Rooms in classic European styles, our relaxing Spa Suites with an oversized hot tub in the center of each room, our exquisite Monaco Suites and Diamond Suites, two elegantly luxurious choices, and the exclusive boutique HOTEL32 resides at the top, providing the ultimate perch to view all that glitters in Las Vegas. The open-air BLVD Plaza located in front of the resort is the ultimate social gathering spot and ideal setting to relax, re-energize and socialize. The plaza features a variety of unique culinary venues and a casual, lively environment. The resort is neighbor to the Park, an immersive, outdoor destination for dining and entertainment, Park Theater, which hosts top performers around the globe and has redefined Las Vegas entertainment with its intimate 5,200 seat venue, and the state-of-the-art 20,000 seat T-Mobile Arena. ***Monte Carlo Resort and Casino is undergoing an exciting transformation into a new luxury resort experience. Guests seeking a pool experience during their stay at Monte Carlo will be given free access to MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay pool complexes, based upon availability. Details will be provided upon check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MGM Resorts International, Southall Travel, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Monte Carlo Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Carlo Resort And Casino
- Monte Carlo Hotel Las Vegas
- Carlo Hotel Las Monte Vegas
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Reviews
- Monte Carlo Resort & Casino Las Vegas