I have to state up front that I booked Monte Carlo through one of their special offers, and I was there for three mid-week nights; $55/night plus taxes and the $20/night resort fee, or $252 total for three nights, so I really got a very good deal and great bang-for-the-buck. That said, I wouldn't return to MC without a similar deal, and might not even with one (for instance, the Vdara was available through Hotwire for $83/night, and it's A LOT nicer).
There's nothing really WRONG with MC, there's just not a lot that's RIGHT. My biggest complaint is the room, which is beyond generic. I had a 25th floor strip view, but so what? The room itself was old, tired and sparsely furnished. The bathroom as well. Not dirty, not in disrepair, just built in 1999 and probably never renovated...except for the addition of a flat-screen TV, but you can probably find that at any Motel 6 these days. What you can also probably find at any Motel 6 these days, but you can't find at MC, is in-room WiFi. Nope...they don't have it. They do have free wired internet but, in my case, the ethernet cable was hanging out of the wall under the desk, not even mounted to a desktop port, so I had to crawl under the desk to get it.
MC is set back and has no presence on the Strip; you could walk right by the main entrance without even realizing it. They're building some new retail there, so maybe it'll be better someday.
The restaurants are decidedly middle-of-the road, without a single "branded" or "name" option among them (unless you count the McDonald's and Starbucks in the little food court!). I did not eat at any of them.
As I reread this, it sounds harsher than I want it to, There are some positives to MC. First, I have to say that everyone who works there, from the front desk to the operators to the dealers, is extremely pleasant. Second, the location is very good...right next to City Center (with a tram stop) and right in the middle of the Strip. And I do like the fact that there are several ways to get in and out of the hotel lobby without passing through the casino, but the public areas in general (including the lobby and the casino) are rather hectic and don't feel very open or spacious.
In sum, there's nothing particularly offensive or obnoxious about MC, but there's nothing special about it either, and isn't that really what you want when you're in Vegas...to be wowed a little?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Resort and Casino is located in the heart of The Strip, putting you in the center of the Las Vegas excitement. Explore the possibilities with a collection of well-appointed room options including our Deluxe Rooms with their contemporary decor, High Floor Rooms in classic European styles, our relaxing Spa Suites with an oversized hot tub in the center of each room, our exquisite Monaco Suites and Diamond Suites, two elegantly luxurious choices, and the exclusive boutique HOTEL32 resides at the top, providing the ultimate perch to view all that glitters in Las Vegas. The open-air BLVD Plaza located in front of the resort is the ultimate social gathering spot and ideal setting to relax, re-energize and socialize. The plaza features a variety of unique culinary venues and a casual, lively environment. The resort is neighbor to the Park, an immersive, outdoor destination for dining and entertainment, Park Theater, which hosts top performers around the globe and has redefined Las Vegas entertainment with its intimate 5,200 seat venue, and the state-of-the-art 20,000 seat T-Mobile Arena. ***Monte Carlo Resort and Casino is undergoing an exciting transformation into a new luxury resort experience. Guests seeking a pool experience during their stay at Monte Carlo will be given free access to MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay pool complexes, based upon availability. Details will be provided upon check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MGM Resorts International, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Nozio Netplan srl, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Monte Carlo Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Carlo Resort And Casino
- Monte Carlo Hotel Las Vegas
- Carlo Hotel Las Monte Vegas
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Reviews
- Monte Carlo Resort & Casino Las Vegas