“Nothing but problems from start to finish”

Ranked #117 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We booked through our Mlife offer. I wasn't told, via Mlife, about additional fees that would be applied (not resort fees, I am aware of those). When I questioned the charges at the front desk it was such a hassle. They called Mlife and put me on the phone with them (odd) and of course Mlife told me I was liar and I knew about the fees and then proceeded to hang up on me. By this time I had 2 people trying to make me happy as well as the assistant hotel manager, who I really felt was being very patronizing. Finally they agreed not to charge the fee, which the whole time it wasn't about the $$ as it was the principal of the fact that I was not told about this fee. We were told that we would receive a text when our rooms were ready, mind you it was already 3:30pm, check in is suppose to be 3pm. We walked around the property, shopped, had a soda and waited. Finally at 5:30pm we went back to see what the hold up was. We asked a man in a suit to help us, he was not behind the counter, but walking around with an Ipad. He took our room keys and went to the counter. Came back to tell me that "sometimes with everything going on in the hotel texts are not always received on peoples phones". I told him I had been using my phone the whole time, receiving texts without issue. He said "wait here". Came back in a bit and said "well, I see a lot of notes on your account, looks like you have been having a lot of issues, let me see what I can do". Long story short, it is now almost 6, our rooms are finally ready and the only thing they did for us was remove one nights resort fee. I didn't argue at this point, we were tired from our 5 hour drive and just wanted to get to our rooms. Once in our rooms we were not happy. Hair in one of the sinks. Headboard torn up on one of the beds. Something very questionable on the carpet of that same room. Shower heads were crusted up with a lot of build up and the faucet in one of the tubs leaked non stop. We dealt with it all and just wanted to attempt to enjoy our stay in Vegas. Upon check out the lady, as she was reading our record, gave me a look and said "so I am guessing by the notes here that you did not enjoy yourself. Did you have any fun at all". I was dumbfounded, I can only imagine what my file must have said. It was rather embarrassing. I have yet to see the $22+ credit to my bank account for the refunded resort fee. Not sure how long it will take. I have emailed Mlife and Monte Carlo both and have yet to receive a response. We have been home for a few days now.

Not to be 100% negative, the pools are great. Lots of chairs and towels available. The location on the strip is perfect. A lot of food choices to make everyone happy and reasonable prices. Great shopping both inside the resort and around the area. The staff at the buffet were very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank backsthepack
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear backsthepack,

It’s unfortunate to learn of the multiple challenges encountered at check-in, including any confusion regarding fee expectancy. We also regret the room delays experienced after check-in. Obviously, these events are not how anyone wants to start their vacation, and we deeply apologize. Should you wish to discuss this matter further, we encourage you to contact us at guestrelations@montecarlo.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

guestrelations@montecarlo.com

Write a ReviewReviews (16,351)

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Although the rooms in general are very nice the bathroom was definitely in need of work as the tub fitting were a mix of colors from previous repairs and the bathroom sink AND the tub took a LONG time to drain the water ... something that you would NOT expect to happen.

Room Tip: Upper level floor rooms are somewhat quieter from the local street noise.
1  Thank M B

Dear M B,

We apologize for the unsatisfactory condition of your bathroom accommodations, and appreciate you making us aware of your concerns. While room renovations are coming, we regret if this in any way negatively impacted your recent visit to Monte Carlo. Hopefully, you will continue to include us in any future travel plans to Las Vegas.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

First let me say I realize that most go to Las Vegas to gamble but even the die hard has to go to their room to shower and sleep. That's where the problem started. The look of the room was average. We were in room 4-234. Avoid at all cost. The view was obsolete. Right out our window was the trash area, dock for delivery and nothing to look at. Went to sleep only to hear constant noise of glass bottles going down a recycling shoot into a huge open top trash dumpster. Ding, ding. And then deliveries early in the morning. It was very loud and kept me from sleeping. Shower was not the cleanest but the worst was NO HOT WATER. It was only warm enough to take the chill of of the cold water. I let it run and it never got hot. No blow dryers no refrigerators. All in all I will spend the extra money and upgrade to the Bellagio.

2  Thank MindyMae

Dear MindyMae,

We regret that your room assignment fell short of expectations. Had we been made aware of your discomfort, we certainly would’ve made every attempt to relocate you on property. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced as a result, and will work diligently so no future guests endure a similar experience.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We just returned. Self parking was very easy and quick access to lobby. Check in was fast. All the staff were wonderful. It was close to the elevators and we did not have to go through casino get to rooms. We were the 23rd floor facing the strip. We were a non smoking room. Great view. Robes and slippers in room (we chose 2 queens or you could choose king. No frig or micro in room. We did not use pool. Shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body wash were all high quality and not too smelly. We were on a package but I did call and ask about rates and the rate can change daily. They seemed pretty reasonable for the quality of hotel. 89 and 49 for 2 of the days we stayed. plus the fees. Rubios in the food court had great fish tacos. Reasonable. Casino was sometimes non smoky smelling, others very smoky. If smoke bothers you, do not walk through casino to get out front door. Also, definitely get a car. They are reasonable and you can get around to a lot of places. There is plenty of free parking. Beds were comfy. The heating and cooling system is wonderful. You do not feel any cold or hot drafts. The room just adjusts to the set temp. No wifi in rooms yet, but they are working on it. One thing to remember is that at most hotels they add a $20+ plus 12% fee so be sure to get the final price. They may not quote that fee or you don't see it online. We were aware we would have to pay that when we left the hotel. We had already paid our package price. The walls are thin, but we only had one night when the neighbors partied all night.

Room Tip: We did not care where our room was but it was nice facing the strip and we could also see the airpor...
1  Thank rovidesis2

Dear rovidesis2,

Thanks so much for providing detailed observations regarding your recent stay at Monte Carlo. Based upon your comments, it certainly looks as though you had a great time on property. From our comfy and affordable hotel accommodations, to the numerous casual and fine dining options available, the MC is the surest bet in a town that loves winners. Please, hurry back!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My friends and I stayed at the Monte Carlo for a bachelorette party. We were on the 17th floor so we had a pretty decent view of the strip. The location was great, centrally located on the strip. We were in walking distance to many shops, restaurants and other hotels. There was also shopping and dining available inside the hotel. We stopped in at Diablo's Cantina for dinner the first night which was really good. All the staff we dealt with were very friendly and helpful. The pool area looked a bit smaller than in pictures but it was still really nice. I really have no complaints. I'd stay there again.

Dear KatrinaWH,

Whether you come to Las Vegas for business or a bachelorette party, there’s no better place to stay than Monte Carlo! With incredible restaurants like Diablo’s Cantina (the chips and salsa are amazing), and a property staff dedicated to your total satisfaction, the MC continues to set the bar for fun and affordable travel destinations in Sin City. We appreciated the opportunity to serve you, and hope you’ll come back and see us again.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

It is Vegas, so everyone knows what to expect. Once you are past the check in queues things get easier. Staff were good from the beginning. Rooms are a reasonable size, fitted as you would expect and serviced quite well.These are quite large hotels so you have to put up with the crowds and usual Vegas mayhem. Compared to others on offer, pretty good value as well. The big question....would we stay again. I think so. Probably hard to find better value from a similar quality hotel on the strip.

1  Thank MadCapt

Dear MadCapt,

Thanks for allowing us to play a part in your recent visit to Las Vegas. We encourage you to return again whenever possible!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We went to Las Vegas for wedding and stayed in Monte Carlo for 5 nights. Lovely clean hotel .....rooms and beds excellent. Staff all very helpful . Lots to do.....casinos,shops and pool all under one roof or catch the hotel tram between hotels if you fancy getting further afield and seeing some more shops or indoor scenery. Had a brilliant time and I am hard to impress ! Could have stayed a few more days but alas !

Room Tip: Sorry don't have any tips as I had no complaints re this

Dear Maryjo M,

We were delighted you chose us as the site for your five night stay in Las Vegas. With our spacious hotel rooms, engaging pool facility, and popular dining options like 800 Degrees and The Pub, Monte Carlo is a great way to make the most of your time in Sin City. We are grateful for your patronage, and hope to see you again in the near future.