We booked through our Mlife offer. I wasn't told, via Mlife, about additional fees that would be applied (not resort fees, I am aware of those). When I questioned the charges at the front desk it was such a hassle. They called Mlife and put me on the phone with them (odd) and of course Mlife told me I was liar and I knew about the fees and then proceeded to hang up on me. By this time I had 2 people trying to make me happy as well as the assistant hotel manager, who I really felt was being very patronizing. Finally they agreed not to charge the fee, which the whole time it wasn't about the $$ as it was the principal of the fact that I was not told about this fee. We were told that we would receive a text when our rooms were ready, mind you it was already 3:30pm, check in is suppose to be 3pm. We walked around the property, shopped, had a soda and waited. Finally at 5:30pm we went back to see what the hold up was. We asked a man in a suit to help us, he was not behind the counter, but walking around with an Ipad. He took our room keys and went to the counter. Came back to tell me that "sometimes with everything going on in the hotel texts are not always received on peoples phones". I told him I had been using my phone the whole time, receiving texts without issue. He said "wait here". Came back in a bit and said "well, I see a lot of notes on your account, looks like you have been having a lot of issues, let me see what I can do". Long story short, it is now almost 6, our rooms are finally ready and the only thing they did for us was remove one nights resort fee. I didn't argue at this point, we were tired from our 5 hour drive and just wanted to get to our rooms. Once in our rooms we were not happy. Hair in one of the sinks. Headboard torn up on one of the beds. Something very questionable on the carpet of that same room. Shower heads were crusted up with a lot of build up and the faucet in one of the tubs leaked non stop. We dealt with it all and just wanted to attempt to enjoy our stay in Vegas. Upon check out the lady, as she was reading our record, gave me a look and said "so I am guessing by the notes here that you did not enjoy yourself. Did you have any fun at all". I was dumbfounded, I can only imagine what my file must have said. It was rather embarrassing. I have yet to see the $22+ credit to my bank account for the refunded resort fee. Not sure how long it will take. I have emailed Mlife and Monte Carlo both and have yet to receive a response. We have been home for a few days now.
Not to be 100% negative, the pools are great. Lots of chairs and towels available. The location on the strip is perfect. A lot of food choices to make everyone happy and reasonable prices. Great shopping both inside the resort and around the area. The staff at the buffet were very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Resort and Casino is located in the heart of The Strip, putting you in the center of the Las Vegas excitement. Explore the possibilities with a collection of well-appointed room options including our Deluxe Rooms with their contemporary decor, High Floor Rooms in classic European styles, our relaxing Spa Suites with an oversized hot tub in the center of each room, our exquisite Monaco Suites and Diamond Suites, two elegantly luxurious choices, and the exclusive boutique HOTEL32 resides at the top, providing the ultimate perch to view all that glitters in Las Vegas. The open-air BLVD Plaza located in front of the resort is the ultimate social gathering spot and ideal setting to relax, re-energize and socialize. The plaza features a variety of unique culinary venues and a casual, lively environment. The resort is neighbor to the Park, an immersive, outdoor destination for dining and entertainment, Park Theater, which hosts top performers around the globe and has redefined Las Vegas entertainment with its intimate 5,200 seat venue, and the state-of-the-art 20,000 seat T-Mobile Arena. ***Monte Carlo Resort and Casino is undergoing an exciting transformation into a new luxury resort experience. Guests seeking a pool experience during their stay at Monte Carlo will be given free access to MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay pool complexes, based upon availability. Details will be provided upon check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MGM Resorts International, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Monte Carlo Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Carlo Resort And Casino
- Monte Carlo Hotel Las Vegas
- Carlo Hotel Las Monte Vegas
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Reviews
- Monte Carlo Resort & Casino Las Vegas