We came on a holiday weekend, so I'm sure that plays a part of what I experienced. We checked in late on a Thursday night. We had reserved three nights, requesting a king bed, non smoking. When we arrived, the clerk told us that he only had smoking double rooms left. I asked if he had any upgrades, that would allow us to have no-smoking. I said I would even pay for the upgrades. He said, very sorry, but there is nothing else other than smoking rooms. At the same time as I was trying not to be angry, my husband handed me some cash that he wanted to put into my wallet. The clerk saw me now holding cash and said, oh I think I can arrange a non-smoking room for you. He never typed anything into his computer, he didn't talk with another co-worker, he just suddenly knew there was a non-smoking room, as long as cash was being shown.
So we got our non-smoking room, which was very worn. The carpeting was torn in several places, one area which even had tape on it to stop the fraying. The lampshade was shattered. But the room was clean, so we didn't let this bother us.
Of the three nights, housekeeping only cleaned our room the first night. The other two days, I guess they couldn't be bothered. No matter, we had hung up our towels to reuse anyway.
The public areas of the casino and the restaurants we tried were enjoyable. The casino was lively and the pool area was nice as well.
I just wish that the first encounter I had at this property was not with such a shady character.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Resort and Casino is located in the heart of The Strip, putting you in the center of the Las Vegas excitement. Explore the possibilities with a collection of well-appointed room options including our Deluxe Rooms with their contemporary decor, High Floor Rooms in classic European styles, our relaxing Spa Suites with an oversized hot tub in the center of each room, our exquisite Monaco Suites and Diamond Suites, two elegantly luxurious choices, and the exclusive boutique HOTEL32 resides at the top, providing the ultimate perch to view all that glitters in Las Vegas. The open-air BLVD Plaza located in front of the resort is the ultimate social gathering spot and ideal setting to relax, re-energize and socialize. The plaza features a variety of unique culinary venues and a casual, lively environment. The resort is neighbor to the Park, an immersive, outdoor destination for dining and entertainment, Park Theater, which hosts top performers around the globe and has redefined Las Vegas entertainment with its intimate 5,200 seat venue, and the state-of-the-art 20,000 seat T-Mobile Arena. ***Monte Carlo Resort and Casino is undergoing an exciting transformation into a new luxury resort experience. Guests seeking a pool experience during their stay at Monte Carlo will be given free access to MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay pool complexes, based upon availability. Details will be provided upon check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MGM Resorts International, Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Prestigia, Nozio Netplan srl, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Monte Carlo Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Carlo Resort And Casino
- Monte Carlo Hotel Las Vegas
- Carlo Hotel Las Monte Vegas
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Reviews
- Monte Carlo Resort & Casino Las Vegas