My brother and I were finishing up a road trip west coast USA with a trip to Vegas for 3 nights. It was our first time being here so to be honest we had our hopes set pretty high after everything you see and hear about the place.
However the one thing they don’t tell you about is the smell. This was the only place we stayed in that we felt didn’t live up to our expectations at all. When we arrived we thought it was just the amount of people etc that was the cause but eventually we realised what it was. The hotel smells like the inside of a nightclub that has a carpet floor – stale drink and cigarettes. They also then add in some scent to the ventilation to try cover it up but this just makes it worse. There’s only so much I can give out about the smell but it was so off putting and out of all the others we went into (Ceasers, MGM, New York etc) none of them had a smell.
But onto the positives. First is first. Big shout to the guy on the concierge, think his name was Preston, this guy is what a concierge should be. We are involved in hotels ourselves so we can recognise when someone does his job well and this guy just knew what we wanted and how to deal with us. Advised us first to go to a show ‘Tournament of Kings’ in the Excalibur. He then said if we wanted to have a great time (not just a good time) we’d want to be in the dragon section as “it’s always more fun to cheer for the bad guys” and also to get pretty drunk beforehand. He knew we were there for the banter and wanted to get stuck into a show. He then gave us vouchers for other events etc. Essentially he made our last night in Vegas. We also had a problem with the safe that was sorted within 10 minutes.
The room was pretty nice, 29th floor and three doors down from the elevator. View of the strip was decent too as we weren't facing the Aria/ Cosmopolitan. Pool area is quite cool also. We didn’t want to queue for the huge dayclubs so this suited us down to the ground! It’s basically just like an adult playground and there’s good fun in the current pool.
All in all I’d like to say I’d stay here again but the smell just ruined it for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Resort and Casino is located in the heart of The Strip, putting you in the center of the Las Vegas excitement. Explore the possibilities with a collection of well-appointed room options including our Deluxe Rooms with their contemporary decor, High Floor Rooms in classic European styles, our relaxing Spa Suites with an oversized hot tub in the center of each room, our exquisite Monaco Suites and Diamond Suites, two elegantly luxurious choices, and the exclusive boutique HOTEL32 resides at the top, providing the ultimate perch to view all that glitters in Las Vegas. The open-air BLVD Plaza located in front of the resort is the ultimate social gathering spot and ideal setting to relax, re-energize and socialize. The plaza features a variety of unique culinary venues and a casual, lively environment. The resort is neighbor to the Park, an immersive, outdoor destination for dining and entertainment, Park Theater, which hosts top performers around the globe and has redefined Las Vegas entertainment with its intimate 5,200 seat venue, and the state-of-the-art 20,000 seat T-Mobile Arena. ***Monte Carlo Resort and Casino is undergoing an exciting transformation into a new luxury resort experience. Guests seeking a pool experience during their stay at Monte Carlo will be given free access to MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay pool complexes, based upon availability. Details will be provided upon check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MGM Resorts International, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Monte Carlo Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Carlo Resort And Casino
- Monte Carlo Hotel Las Vegas
- Carlo Hotel Las Monte Vegas
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Reviews
- Monte Carlo Resort & Casino Las Vegas