“Great Value Great Place Great Hotel”

Ranked #116 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed here with friends and family. Great great hotel. Bar below was excellent. Check in was very easy and line was small, considering I arrived on a Friday late-night. Rooms were clean, bout the only thing I didn't like was the towels - too few towels in our room...but that was just a phone call away from getting fixed. Parking valet SUPER SUPER helpful ( I had a Sprinter with me and they let me park it in valet entrance). Overall, great great hotel and I will definitely consider this hotel for my next Vegas stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carl G
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Carlgma,

From the moment guests check into Monte Carlo, they are treated to extraordinary services, luxurious amenities, and a host of unique dining and shopping venues. We’re thrilled your stay with us proved enjoyable, and encourage you to return again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Rooms need a little updating, but very clean and large. Location and price is where the value is. This is our second visit this year to this Hotel. We ate at the buffet and felt it was very reasonable for what they had. The food in the "Pub" was fantastic. Love the layout of the Hotel, not confusing. We like a smaller scale Hotel and it was perfect.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joyce K

Dear Joyce K,

Thanks for making the MC your second home when traveling to Las Vegas! From the amazing menu items available at The Pub, to our ideal location along the Las Vegas Strip, Monte Carlo is an intimate and affordable resort destination. We appreciate you spending the weekend with us, and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I have stayed at Monte Carlo Hotel for 2 nights with spa in my room. The spa facility is nice. The mattress is comfortable. To my surprise, I found a cleaning cloth in the toilet room when I arrived. I didn't report to the reception as it wasn't a bid deal.

I would not recommend that the buffet restaurant at the hotel. As you have a better choice at Paris hotel.

I had a nice stay in overall.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank 332Jacky
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear 332Jacky,

We certainly regret the unfortunate cleaning oversight committed by our housekeeping staff, and the fact your dining experience at The Buffet fell short of expectations. However, we’re pleased to know you appreciated your relaxing spa suite, and hope that despite the challenges encountered during your stay, you’ll continue to include Monte Carlo in any future travel plans to Las Vegas.

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

This is my first time to Vegas and Monte Carlo has been pretty good so far. The lobby is beautiful as well as the shops/buffet/bars/restaurants. The hotel gets a 3 star rating from me because the room is not up to the high standards I've become accustomed to through traveling with work. The carpets in the hallway on the 30th floor are dated as were the rooms. They are clean and the beds are comfortable it's just nothing special. I tried the sandwich trick when checking in and we did get a high floor room with a great view as well as some coupons. Rooms need updating but otherwise a great hotel. Convenient to the free tram that will get you to different hotels on the strip.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stephanie8228

Dear Stephanie8228,

Although we regret that your room décor fell short of expectations, and are addressing this in an upcoming property remodel, we’re delighted to know that our large collection of casual and fine dining options, plus a dedication to service excellence, helped make your stay an enjoyable one. Thanks for visiting Monte Carlo, and please don’t hesitate to return again.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I really wanted to give Monte Carlo more than 3 stars.. I like this property, this was not my first time staying there. I booked a Diamond Suite which I have never stayed in before, for this month for a birthday trip. When I book vegas hotel rooms, I always book a room with a jacuzzi or spa tub, the diamond suite is supposed to have a huge jacuzzi tub...which was advertised and one of the main features of the room. I had actually noticed on the M life websight which I book all my Vegas rooms, it didnt specifically mention the jacuzzi tub like I had remembered in the past, so I actually specifically called Monte Carlo to double check and make sure there really was one still, and they confirmed with me yes, its still there. Well.....that wasn't the case. I got in the room and the jets were non-existent. It was a giant bath tub. That was the entire reason I booked the diamond suite, and was really disappointed in this. Especially when I even made the effort to call and check. I also paid a lot more for this suite as it is the most expensive of their suites, I could have paid a lot less to have a regular bathtub in any of their regular rooms.
I really felt pretty jipped and was totally misinformed, not a good way to start my Birthday...
I have always gambled at and enjoyed this property, they have a nice pool, its a great location, and good shops, although they also got rid of my favorite shop on top of all of this, ( the cupcakery) which was a huge bummer too. I unfortunately probably won't stay in their rooms again after this experience. But if your looking for a very affordable, hotel on the strip it will serve you well. I just wouldn't recommend spending all that extra money on a suite anymore..the perks are just not what they used to be.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank robyn m

Dear Robyn M,

We apologize for the apparent communication shortfalls encountered regarding the standard amenities available in our Diamond Suites. Our staff will share your concerns with our reservations team, in order to avoid any confusion with future room bookings at Monte Carlo.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

My DH and I decided to take a quick Vacation and stayed here from Aug 3-6 in a high view room. The location is fantastic! A short walkway to Aria or 2 second walk to the middle of the Strip. There is also a free tram from Monte Carlo to the Bellagio with a stop at Aria. The hotel is fairly small so you don't have to spend a lot of time walking to get to the strip, your room, Aria, Tram etc. Check in and out was quite busy. We arrived at 1200 just at checkout so we left our bags at the bell desk and checked in when it wasn't as busy. There is no wifi at this hotel but the resort fee was only $20/day. We rented a Day bed at the pool and it was awesome. It cost $325 but you get all that back in a Food and Beverage credit. So not only do you get a spot right in the action on a day bed, but, very prompt and polite food and beverage service, 2 tubes (for the lazy river), a umbrella and 2 lounge chairs. At the time I booked they said there would be a $200 credit but after we got there ended up to be the entire amount. The waitresses even let you know periodically how much you have spent. We ate and drank all day and were still under our $325. There is a 18% gratuity and tax which is on top of the $325. I ended leaving a extra tip as $59 didn't seem like enough of a tip to the 3 waitresses that were serving us from 0900-1900 every 10 min. I would go back to the pool in a heartbeat. The rooms were okay but could us a refresh. They were clean if not a little tired looking. We don't go to Vegas to spend time in our room so it was fine. The bed and pillows were really comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CarrisL

Dear Carris L,

We’re glad you had a chance to utilize one of our daybed specials, and spent the day pampering yourself under the warm desert sun. Thanks for staying with us at Monte Carlo, and please don’t hesitate to return again whenever possible.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

My family and I, recently stayed in room 18-229 of the Monte Carlo Casino Resort - Las Vegas, Nevada on Feb 2014. And due to the past history of people finding Bedbugs in this hotel, and because of my previous experiences having found bedbugs in a newer hotel a few years back, I routinely try and perform a very thorough check for room cleanliness and evidence of bedbugs before staying in any room. The bedbug search procedures I try to follow were recommended from my workplace by watching YouTube videos on Molecular Biologist David Cain, and the following review is how I rated this hotel room after my searching:

On a cleanliness scale, I rate this room a 6/10, and I give it a “Medium” bedbug risk rating due to the fact that the area behind the bed and wall/headboard was very dirty. After my search I had housekeeping change a number of sheets and pillows due to minor stains found in them. The Housekeeper did, however, exceeded my expectations by remaking the entire suite, even though I asked housekeeping to just leave me the sheets.

Pros:
-Thorough bed bug checks turned up negative
-Excellent location on the Las Vegas strip
-Best value for a 4 star hotel and resort
-Was customer service was all around very good
-Excellent entertainment opportunities --> highly recommend watching the Blue Man Group!
-Self Park Facilities were great; I love seeing the presence of many security guards on bikes in the lot patrolling
-Took part in the Food and Beverage Credit promotion at the time without any hassle! One thing I can definitely say about this hotel is that they honor their word, and that they are very up front about their charges.

Cons:
-Room was really old and it showed; definitely needs a reno
-Carpet was old in the suite and definitely needed changing
-Rooms besides me were very noisy (But it's Vegas, what can you expect, I guess!)
-Pool was closed, and I still had to pay a resort fee!
-The whole front was under renos at the time so much of the atmosphere you would usually see was closed off

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Alpiglet,

You’ll be happy to know that extensive renovation plans are in the works, so please check back with us periodically as we update our guests on this process. We know you’ll love the results!