We needed to visit family in Las Vegas and booked the Monte Carlo thru Southwest Airlines as a "deal". Room rate was very good and we hadn't stayed there before. We have been to Vegas many times for meetings and stayed at many great and not so great hotels.
Our biggest disappointment was that there was no WiFi in the room. They have an Ethernet cable instead. When we asked about WiFi they said they "were working on that"....hello but the internet has been around for 20 YEARS!! You could get WiFi on the 1st and 2nd floors. Now that's really not convenient. Even Holiday Inn has WiFi! Among other issues was crappy TV stations (yes we know they want us to gamble and not be in our room but we weren't there to gamble) and very limited selection. On the floor were newspapers that were 6 days old!! I reported this to the Front Desk and it was remedied. The bathroom was dated as was the room furnishings. Tiles were chipped, old style shower/bath combo, amenities were just ok. The Cafe restaurant looked like a nice place for breakfast and we stopped by. It was poorly staffed. We asked for Half and Half and were only given artificial creamer. When we told the waiter, he said he would look and was gone for too long. On his return, he told us they didn't have any. At that point we left without eating as the food also was taking way too long to be served. We noticed many places in Vegas are staffed by young people who seem to be more interested in chatting with their co-workers instead of actually doing their job.
That being said, we would not return to this hotel in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Resort and Casino is located in the heart of The Strip, putting you in the center of the Las Vegas excitement. Explore the possibilities with a collection of well-appointed room options including our Deluxe Rooms with their contemporary decor, High Floor Rooms in classic European styles, our relaxing Spa Suites with an oversized hot tub in the center of each room, our exquisite Monaco Suites and Diamond Suites, two elegantly luxurious choices, and the exclusive boutique HOTEL32 resides at the top, providing the ultimate perch to view all that glitters in Las Vegas. The open-air BLVD Plaza located in front of the resort is the ultimate social gathering spot and ideal setting to relax, re-energize and socialize. The plaza features a variety of unique culinary venues and a casual, lively environment. The resort is neighbor to the Park, an immersive, outdoor destination for dining and entertainment, Park Theater, which hosts top performers around the globe and has redefined Las Vegas entertainment with its intimate 5,200 seat venue, and the state-of-the-art 20,000 seat T-Mobile Arena. ***Monte Carlo Resort and Casino is undergoing an exciting transformation into a new luxury resort experience. Guests seeking a pool experience during their stay at Monte Carlo will be given free access to MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay pool complexes, based upon availability. Details will be provided upon check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MGM Resorts International, Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Monte Carlo Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Carlo Resort And Casino
- Monte Carlo Hotel Las Vegas
- Carlo Hotel Las Monte Vegas
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Reviews
- Monte Carlo Resort & Casino Las Vegas