Monte Carlo Resort & Casino
US$189
US$144
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$310
US$264
US$102
US$62
US$304
US$259
  • Restaurant
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$124
Travelocity
  • Pool
Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$112
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$208
  • Restaurant
Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$112
Travelocity
Downtown Grand, an Ascend Collection Hotel(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$59
AscendHotels
17,083 results
All reviewsfood courtmonaco suitewave poollazy riverpool areafree tramthe blue man groupspa suiteother hotelsnew york new yorkstrip viewm lifegreat location on the striphigh floortrip to vegasmcbellagio
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 February 2009

I receive offers from Monte Carlo often. I like the location and the rooms are nice. Good for the price as well if they are not sending you freebies. Nice pool and lazy river. Wave pool is nice as well.. Since City Center construction began its a little annoying with all the noise. I still like staying there however.. Smells good and looks food.. Check inn is good when slow. Not over crowded and not ghetto like some other hotels have become.. Good video poker bar right outside sports book. comfy beds and awsome views of strip. Diablos cantina rocks as well !

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank kcashmore
Reviewed 28 January 2009

We stayed at the Monte Carlo for 2 nights. Luckily my husband was comped (because of his MGM players card) for this trip as I would NEVER pay to stay here - it is in some major need of remodeling to say the least. We were supposed to stay for 4 nights but switched to the Mandalay Bay for the last 2 (thank goodness!!!)

The Good: The staff was wonderful and treated us like royalty. It was comped. The room was generally clean. The breakfast we had for room service was good and had huge portions.

The not so good:
-This hotel is right next to the City Center project and construction here is loud! We have stayed at the Bellagio many times and have NEVER heard construction noises there while in our room - so the walls/windows here must be thin.

-Speaking of which we could hear our neighbors holding normal volume conversations as well as if we were sitting in the room with them, this included the poor baby next to us that cried almost all night.

-The beds are TERRIBLE, and by that I mean small, hard and the sheets are awful.

- The buffet is tiny and doesn’t cost much less then heading over to the Bellagio or Planet Hollywood (which have great food and tons of options). The food was ok but I would definitely go else where.

- Parking is ridiculous… the garage is closed and if you want to self park good luck finding a spot in the teeny tiny lot across the street from the lobby. We Valet parked which was fine but I felt like I had to plan my trips away from the strip (since we were also visiting family that lives in Vegas) so that I would not have to pay a tip 50 million times.

- The Casino was dull, as in small and no people and their ventilation system must be old school. I swear walking from the LV Boulevard entrance through the casino to my room I literally smelled like an ash tray. They also do pipe in an old lady perfume smell like one other reviewer commented - and they were right, it is probably to cover up the strong smoke smell. Bad, just bad.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sjalex20
Reviewed 27 January 2009

check-in was quick but had to beg for a king size bed that we reserved on line, were told that there were none available (3002) Rooms? after some begging one became available out of thin air.The rooms are perfectly fine not as bad as some reviews would suggest. The walls really are paper thin so expect to hear your neighbors showering and sneezing etc. The towels in the bathroom are very rough on your skin and in some cases stained with rust marks? The hotel itself seems clean and the staff very nice,especially the valet attendants.Loved the buffet servers,quick and have a sense of humor.
The casino was a little slower then i expected but very loud with music. I think they are trying to atract the younger hip-hop crowd. The cocktail waitresses are always very attentive and never far away, Probably because the casino was not as busy.
We ate at the buffet twice and enjoyed it each time $11.95 Breakfast,$18.95 dinner was worth the price. The caffe' was found to be very expensive for breakfast but after midnight they have great deals on food ie; steak and eggs $4.95.

The construction going on next door can be loud at times and it definitely blocks the view of the strip and we were on the 23 rd floor.

Las Vegas is definitely going through a recession because now you find deals like the old days, ie; 2 for 1 at the steakhouse (Brand), 2 for 1 at the Cantina mexican restaurant etc.
The slot machines were very tight no matter what you play and we played alot of them but could'nt come ahead.The only show we went to see was the Phantom of the Opera and it was worth every penny. I can't begin to tell you how elborate the production is so do yourself a favor and go see it. Across the street from the Monte Carlo is a ticket office that provides half price tickets to most shows. If you get there at 9:30 am you get the best deals.
Also on our trip we visited the Las Vegas Outlet mall and found really great deals on alot of different items. all in all we would probably not return to the MC mainly because of the location and view (city center office tower) blocks everything includind the sunlight.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank tonyfromcanada
Reviewed 25 January 2009

Let’s start with the positive. The décor in the rooms was wonderful nice relaxing colors. The room rate was very afforable. We ate at 4 of the restaurants at the hotel and all of them served great food, and wonderful service. The staff at the MC was accommodating and pleasant. We had to deal with the business office and the help in there was super. On the downside, the towels in the room looked and felt like someone had washed their car with them before putting them in the room, they were dingy with holes and felt like sandpaper, I had to call and ask for better towels and they did bring up some better ones but not great. We were there for 6 night, on the 25th floor facing the new “City Center” construction site and they build ALL NIGHT LONG. I wish I had asked to change rooms because the hotel was not that full. My suggestion is if planning on staying at the MC in the near future request a room facing away from the construction.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Bikemann
Reviewed 25 January 2009

I had pretty low expectations arriving at the Monte Carlo, but my stay ended up even worst than expected.
1 - Though I specifically asked for a non-smoking room, I was assigned to a smoking floor. When asked to switch rooms, the associate at the front desk acted as if she was doing us a favor by giving us an "upgraded" room because of the "pool view", which ended up with a view of the marvelous construction happening next door.
2 - Guests behind us walked into a room with ABSOLUTELY NO FURNITURE.
3 - There were clumps of hair in the shower.
4 - The sheets were amazingly worn out and musty.
5 - Walls are VERY thin. Could hear your neighbors showering/talking/etc.

Definitely try to avoid this if you can...

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends