Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$310
US$211
Official Site
  • Restaurant
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$124
US$236
US$192
  • Restaurant
Luxor Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$106
  • Restaurant
Bellagio Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$217
US$172
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$122
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$142
12,520 results
All reviewsclub towerparadise towerbeach cafepool areaother hotelssouth end of the stripnew york new yorkclose to the airportlong walkfood courtgreat poolmandalay baycasino floorself parkingslot machinesstrip viewbungalow
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I recently stayed at the Trop with my husband and some friends. We had booked a suite in the paradise tower, and when we checked in they sent us up to a standard room. We were so tired from our trip from australia that we just collapsed into bed which was really comfortable, The room was quite nice with a view of the Excalibur. The next day my husband went to sort out the room situation and we ended up with a suite in the island tower, which was beautiful and had the most amazing view of the strip. It still wasn't what we had initally booked, but I was happy enough with it The room was always cleaned, and it had 2 large plasmas, a bar(although no corkscrew or wine glasses were provided which I thought was a bit strange). The bed was awewome. Service was pretty good. We ate at the Nikki cafe which was good food and also the Biscayne which was a nice expereince. I didn't find that they were overpriced, they were comparable to every other place in Vegas as far as I could see.
We were able to get a late checkout until 3.00 but our friends staying in the paradise tower in a standard room weren't.
The smell when you entered was actually very nice, not too overpowering.
The music in Nikki cafe I thought was crap, definately for a younger crowd. The band in the casino was awesome.
Overall I would definately stay again, however would probably try something more central. The resort fee definately is a pain, I had to do my own boarding pass which was a pain as I couldn't figure it out at first and no one was around to help. The internet was quick in the room.
We ordered room service one night and it was delivered very quickly and was reasonably priced. It was displayed beautifully.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2011

The renovations are impressive and I highly recommend this hotel. Beds are super comfy and most of the staff is fantastic.

We ate at Cafe Nikki once for breakfast, it was great, the fruit was really fresh and not a bad cup of coffee too. We went to see Recycled Percussion while we were there (thanks Nicole), also a fantastic show I highly recommend it.

I want to preface by saying that I have previously stayed at Caesar's, The Mirage, and the Wynn. I think the Trop culd be competitive with these properties, except they need more restaurants/coffee shops. We found ourselves leaving the property every morning to grab coffee and a bite elsewhere. Which usually meant we would do our gambling elsewhere.

Location is a bit south but we enjoyed the walk, so that was not a problem.

The location of the Paradise Tower was fantastic at the end of a long day.

Gambling at the Trop is tight in the day and loosens up at night.

The only problem we really had was at check-in. We were early (around 11:30AM) so understandably our room wasn't ready yet, but the bellman suggested we go try the front desk anyways. The guy behind the front desk (Terry) was very rude how he told us we were too early to check in. No smile No hello. Just rude. He told us to come back at 2pm for checkin. Well, at 2pm the checkin line was huge and after waiting over 30 minutes, luck of the draw we got Terry again. Even ruder than the first time, saying he told us we were wasting time and that we could not checkin until after 3PM! We reminded him that he told us 2pm and that we just waited so long in line, and that tons of people were being checked in in front of us, we saw them leaving with their keycards. So finally he brushed us off and said come back in half an hour and just come straight to him and we won't have to wait in line. When 3:15 came around we made eye contact with him and approached the desk as he was finishing up with someone, he took off in back and then we saw him slip onto the casino floor leaving us hanging. Thankfully the line was shorter now and we were checked in by Evie who was a doll.

Tropicana if you are reading this, so something about Terry!

The new pool area looked great, but it was a little too chilly to go swimming.

Everyone else was great, and our stay was wonderful. I do recommend staying here. The cleanliness, comfort and price cannot be beat!

1  Thank MelfromTO
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I stayed three nights at this newly renovated hotel. It's simply wonderful that's clean and upscale at an affordable price. On the strip and easy to get around which makes the location wonderful. I have my new #1 Vegas hotel and it's called the "Tropicana".

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Arrived really early. Our room wasn’t ready yet, but the host stated we could have another room now with not as good of a view. I decided to stick to my original room and wait as Sarah boosted about what a great view we had. She took our # and said she'd call when it was ready (check in at 3). 3 came and went - no call. At 3:30 went to the front desk host and explained the above and she stated our room was ready and Sarah had probably just forgotten to call before she went to lunch. We checked in and went up to the room (1523). After all that boosting I couldn't wait to see our view, I booked our room specifically for the view. I walked in our room, went to the window and saw construction and a view of the MGM - nothing else. To me the view - not so good - not worth all that waiting. I called down to the front desk and they put me on the phone with the floor manager named Don. He was most accommodating and moved us up to a suite - which was immaculate and the view ... gorgeous. The staff except for the earlier mishap was very friendly and courteous. The hotel, when completed, will be beautiful. My only complaint is the casino. I wish it was bigger. Not impressed. Their poker room was closed for renovation and we spent most of our time across the street at the MGM. Overall hotel rating 4of 5, casino 1.5 of 5.

Reviewed 27 March 2011

We had an amazing stay at the Tropicana. We had visited two years ago and it was dirty and dark, but had some of the best tables in Vegas. Now, the remodel is beautiful and everything is clean and bright. Our room was very inexpensive and we were upgraded to a suite on our arrival. Our only critisism is that they no longer have many $5 tables as they did just a few years ago. If they bring back the $5 tables in the evening we would say it was the best place to stay in Vegas

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2011

Thank you for your review. I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations from your last visit and will be sure to pass on your suggestions about more $5.00 tables. During weekdays, we often will offer a table or two starting at $5.00. Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com