This was our third stay at the Tropicana in three years. The remodel and updated look and feel are fantastic! It still has the relaxed, get away from it all, tropical appeal that we love. But now there is more of a hip, cool atmosphere. We loved the variety of guests from all over the world, a real mixture of young and old, all races and ethnicities! The pool area is better than ever and we enjoyed it every day. June is the best time to go before the temperatures get too hot.
We were able to enjoy great entertainment right in the hotel and casino. Recycled Percussion with lots of audience participation was a real hoot! The Mob Experience was a total blast! The exhibits and especially the actors, both real and virtual kept us completely off-guard all the way through. It was mind blowingly and even hauntingly realistic. If I were a supersticious man, I would suggest that I felt the presence of Meyer Lansky in those exhibits. It was both strange and scarey. Bravo to everyone involved in this magnificent endeavor. It was more than worth the money. And the promotion was great too! We also were honored to spend a night with Gladys Knight. Her voice is as strong and soulful as ever. She made us feel a part of her family and took us on a sentimental journey that we will never forget!
After seeing the shows, we enjoyed dining in the new restaurants located in the Tropicana including Cafe Nikki, The Marketplace and our favorite-Bacio's.
Bacio's is simply our favorite Italian restaurant in the world! We ate there multiple times. The food is exquisite, the ambience superb, and the celebrity chef, Carla Pellegrino is charming, delicious and a delight to be around! It's a great dining experience and we look forward to our next trip to the Tropicana, and of course Bacio's! And we wish both the hotel and this wonderful restaurant the greatest success possible!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised. The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. With a unique South Beach vibe after a $200 million complete transformation, the hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants, a new race and sports book, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Prestigia, Southall Travel and TravelUp so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel