“Better than ever!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #96 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Seattle, WA
“Better than ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

This was our third stay at the Tropicana in three years. The remodel and updated look and feel are fantastic! It still has the relaxed, get away from it all, tropical appeal that we love. But now there is more of a hip, cool atmosphere. We loved the variety of guests from all over the world, a real mixture of young and old, all races and ethnicities! The pool area is better than ever and we enjoyed it every day. June is the best time to go before the temperatures get too hot.
We were able to enjoy great entertainment right in the hotel and casino. Recycled Percussion with lots of audience participation was a real hoot! The Mob Experience was a total blast! The exhibits and especially the actors, both real and virtual kept us completely off-guard all the way through. It was mind blowingly and even hauntingly realistic. If I were a supersticious man, I would suggest that I felt the presence of Meyer Lansky in those exhibits. It was both strange and scarey. Bravo to everyone involved in this magnificent endeavor. It was more than worth the money. And the promotion was great too! We also were honored to spend a night with Gladys Knight. Her voice is as strong and soulful as ever. She made us feel a part of her family and took us on a sentimental journey that we will never forget!
After seeing the shows, we enjoyed dining in the new restaurants located in the Tropicana including Cafe Nikki, The Marketplace and our favorite-Bacio's.
Bacio's is simply our favorite Italian restaurant in the world! We ate there multiple times. The food is exquisite, the ambience superb, and the celebrity chef, Carla Pellegrino is charming, delicious and a delight to be around! It's a great dining experience and we look forward to our next trip to the Tropicana, and of course Bacio's! And we wish both the hotel and this wonderful restaurant the greatest success possible!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SashaStorm
TropLV, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review! I am glad that from entertainment to restaurants we were able to exceed your expectations. It is really important to me what we keep our long time loyal guests happy! Nicole Marshall nmarshall@troplv.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,630)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

♥♥♥ I choose Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel because of the website's pictures, as well as the how IMPRESSED I was of the cost of my 5 days/4 nights stay which included round trip airfare that I booked through www.Priceline.com. From the time I walked into Tropicana's Hotel entry, the door man opened my taxi door and welcomed me with a very warm gently smile :-) Followed by another warm and gently smile of another door man opening the door to PARADISE with a warm and friendly smile as well!!! I was so PLEASANTLY IMPRESSED WITH THE WONDERFUL CLEAN-FRESH-SWEET TROPICAL SCENT that lingered throughout the entire hotel!!! I was so eager to see my room, which happened to be a Deluxe Paradise Suite, with a view of the Vegas Strip!!! This was my first time EVER at Tropicana Hotel. I was also very impressed with the whole entire BRIGHT & TROPICAL AMBIANCE throughout the hotel, including my room!!! Which I was very eager to from the moment my flight landed in Vegas!!! As soon as I walked into my room my nose was welcomed by the same CLEAN-FRESH-SWEET TROPICAL SCENT that was so lingering throughout the entire hotel!!! as well as in my room!!! My bed was EXTREMELY COMFY!! Exactly how Tropicana's pictures are on it's website is exactly how the entire hotel is in person. This newly renovated hotel is VERY INVITING, GORGEOUS and TROPICAL!!! I give them 100 THUMBS up!!!♥♥♥♥

Room Tip: Deluxe Paradise Suite Las Vegas Strip view
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank SuzetteHinds
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Most casinos are like a dungeon, not the Trop. Light, airy, open, roomy, truly tropical feel. Room was in the Tower and was gorgeous and quiet. We stayed here from Wed - Fri and enjoyed all three nights.

Only down side is where to eat. Nikkis is a bit pricy, there is a deli, avoid it like the plague. We waited nearly an hour for two hot dogs priced around $8 each (really??!). People had ordered pizza but oops... even though I could hear the guy tell the cashier about a dozen times, no more pizza dough, she kept taking orders. Nor let us forget, we paid for soft drinks, but... soft drink fountain was OUT of syrup for the entire hour we were there.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

I stayed in one of the new suites for a few days. It was awesome! By far the best view I have ever had in Vegas. It looked right down the strip. The suite had a living room and bedroom with one bathroom. EVERYTHING is new, everything. It was very large and had a lot of different places to sit. I have nothing to complain about and can say this was the nicest room I have ever stayed in. We had seen the suites a couple years ago before the hotel was remodeled and they were gross! The tropicana is awesome now.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Check in was nice & quick they waived the resort fees all we had to do was ask I requested a Fridge for the room so nice I got it at no extra charge. Hotel smelled so good. I liked the fact it was a smaller hotel but just right. Hotel room was nice & renovated bed was comfy The pool was great felt like I was in the carribean not in Vegas we stayed in the tower right by the pool which was perfect took the elevator straight down to the pool every morning. They had a nice inexpensive cafe one of the cheapest on the strip( we went over to Aria paid $15 just for a hamburger by itself). All in All a great stay will definatly be back my boyfriend gambles alot on our last day they offered us a comp dinner when we told them we were leaving they comp us for a free stay next time

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank BlondieNYC
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Stayed for 7 nights in a renovated room in the Club tower on 16th floor. We wanted a good clean budget spot and the Tropicana delivered. The staff at this hotel were very friendly. I like the smaller casino and the bright and airy feel here. We had a strip view room, but the airport side rooms had a cool view too, and are probably quieter.
- enjoyed the pool, had great service from the Pool manager Stacy. Reserved a cabana for 3 days and a lounge spot on the little island for 2. It was nice to have a spot reserved and all ready for us when we got there. The cabana was $100 in drink/ food credit during the week, however it is not really a cabana but more of a pergola with some sheer curtains at the corners.
- food menu at the pool seemed to change - first couple of days it was Cafe Nikki food that was very good, but then they started using a Club Nikki menu that was limited and very expensive ($34 for hummus and pita!)
- enjoyed the room. very clean and a lovely view of the pool and the MGM corner of the strip. Large and comfortable for 3 of us.
- overall a good stay. Would do again if on a budget.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
4 Thank Gina S
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

first things first, i am not a gambler, show-person, or party girl. i was looking for somewhere reasonably priced, well located, and WITH NO CHEESY THEME!! omg, i cannot STAND the disney world architecture that plagues so many LV hotels and casinos. the focus of this trip was going to the grand canyon and i was only there for a couple of days.

i had a deluxe king room; not much of a view, but whatever. it was quite spacious and the bathroom was equally large. it was nice to be in a newly renovated hotel! everything seemed quite fresh, and there was still some minor construction going on in the lobby and hallway; the spa, however, was still concealed behind big walls saying it was opening this summer.

the staff was all very helpful and friendly; the pool was pretty big and i never had a hard time finding a lounge chair, although i did have a hard time finding where they distribute the towels. the people staying here were very mixed - old, young, couples, groups of guys/girls - and even some locals hanging out.

the main drawback for me was the food which consisted of generous servings of mediocrity. i had a ny strip steak at the nikki beach cafe which was unfortunately the worst strip steak i'd had, and the lettuce in the salad was soggy. :(

for the value and location, i would definitely stay here again. and with all the food options that las vegas has to offer, i'd just eat somewhere else next time.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo