With all the choices in Vegas, I had a hard time balancing location and value when making my hotel choice. I attended a conference at Caesar's Palace, and I wanted to stay somewhere close by. But the prices for all mid-level hotels in that section of the Strip were too high, and Tropicana had both good rates and good reviews here on TripAdvisor. While it was a bit inconvenient ($9 taxi rides each way), I think I made a good choice.
Most of the Tropicana has been recently renovated, and it's updated and clean. My room, a "Deluxe" room, was more than adequate. Comfortable bed, large HDTV, quiet. I stayed in the closer Paradise Tower, which I highly recommend.
The casino was a good size, not as large as others I visited, but more than adequate. The dealers were friendly, and while I played some blackjack and slots, I'll leave the gambling reviews to those more experienced and qualified.
My one quibble with the Tropicana is its dining options. I traveled alone, and didn't have an interest in the more upscale hotel restaurants. They probably wouldn't have been my choice even if traveling with my wife. But in a moderate scale hotel like this, there should be a lot more casual dining choices. There's a Starbucks, a pizza/sandwich shop, and a yogurt store. This is a weakness the hotel really should have addressed in its remodeling.
Still, a good experience. The next trip to Vegas, I'll definitely give the Tropicana full consideration. Not a "wow," but still, quite good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised. The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. With a unique South Beach vibe after a $200 million complete transformation, the hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants, a new race and sports book, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel