Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #98 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I love the Tropicana since Hilton took over. The chocolate chip cookies are great. I just stayed there this past weekend and it was my second time. The staff is friendly and attentive the beds are one of the best I have found. I stayed in the club tower spacious rooms and fairly quiet. The location is great especially if you are heading to MGM. I love the breakfast buffet and the omelet bar is my favorite. Can't wait to go back.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank K L
Trop L, Service Excellence at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear K L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are pleased you enjoyed our restaurants and had a wonderful experience with us! Please let us know when you will be visiting again! Myexperience@Troplv.com – Shelby

Reviewed 3 February 2014

My first thought upon booking this room was that it indeed was older than I would have preferred. I knew that going into it, however it was the most convenient place to stay and I had heard that it had some large renovations completed recently. I wanted to give it a try.

Upon arrival I noticed that everything was so bright and inviting. Most hotel entrances and casinos are just heavy and dark and oppressing. The Trop (as the locals call it) was the opposite. Light from the large glass door permeated the casino area and there were bright LED lights all around. The walkway to the conference center allowed a view to the pool area which looked very inviting. My stay was in January so no one was enjoying the pool at the time, but I assume in the warmer months that this would be a wonderful place to be.

My room was very large with beautiful plantation shutters on the windows. The bathroom tile had been painted white and some of the paint had chipped up and needed to be repainted but it didn't bother me. The towels were very full and fluffy. The bed had a few miles on it but still was very comfortable. The pillows were the BEST of ANY hotel in which I had ever stayed. Maybe they were just of my specific taste but for me this was so exciting. Most hotels of any price have flat horrible pillows but the Trop had perfectly fluffed ones. I would return simply to sleep in the bed!

The restaurants were very good. I ate at the bar at the Biscayne one night and the food was excellent as well as artistic. I could have eaten all my meals there and I highly recommend it.

Overall my first reaction to the Trop being old was very short sided. I had a wonderful stay and will certainly stay there again at my earliest opportunity.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kerry S

Dear Kerry S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are pleased you enjoyed the renovations and had a great time dining at Biscayne! Please let us know when you will be visiting again! Myexperience@Troplv.com – Shelby

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Really Enjoyed this stay. They almost didn't give me the free breakfast as a Hilton gold member. The resort fee is a little excessive. I would stay here again but I hope they fix the accounting department. We found several charges on our account which were inaccurate. It took months to get them resolved.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Justin K
Trop L, Service Excellence at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Justin K,

We appreciate the valuable feedback you provided us, we strive to make each and every guests' stay comfortable and memorable and I am terribly sorry for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your visit. I have forwarded this feedback to the necessary departments so we can strive to always provide exceptional service. Please feel free to contact me at Myexperience@Troplv.com – Shelby

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Great place. Not enough restaurant choices. Need food court. Like McDonalds, Subway, etc. Then the place would be perfect. I will probably stay there twice a year as business brings me to LaS VEGAS THAT OFTEN.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Arvel P

Dear Arvel P,

Thank you for staying with us again and leaving us a review. We strive to delight our Guests with our service and I am thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let us know when you'll be visiting us again! Myexperience@troplv.com –Shelby

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Our stay at the Tropicana could not have been better! This is one of, if not the cleanest hotel we have ever stayed in, the rooms are fresh and spacious. The casino is bright and friendly and not so big you can't find one another. The location is perfect, it doesn't matter where you want to go you are only a short walk to a mono rail or bridge away. The staff in the hotel are fantastic, this is the second time we have stayed here and I can't say a bad thing. we have stayed in several other hotels in Vegas and there have been many we've enjoyed, but this place is consistent and never fails to satisfy.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pookybear1

Dear pookybear1,

Thank you for staying with us on New Years and leaving us such fantastic feedback! We strive to delight our Guests with our service and I am thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let us know when you'll be visiting us again! Myexperience@troplv.com –Shelby

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Only problem was when I called for some extra blankets and pillows @ 5 am Housekeeping lady that answered was Rude and asked why i needed them if I was checking out that same morning... Yea not till 11 am lady I still had plenty of time to sleep since I did check in @2 am! Other than that everything else was great girl who checked us in was Wonderful!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Jessica J

Dear Jessica J,

We appreciate the valuable feedback you provided us. I do apologize for any negative impression a member of our staff may have provided you. I can assure you our goal is to meet and exceed our guests' expectations and we are thrilled to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us! Please let us know when you will be visiting again! Myexperience@troplv.com - Shelby

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Our first stay in September 2013, the hotel gave us the first impression that Hilton made a big effort in remodeling the hotel to meet the Hilton standards. During our stay in September, were very pleased with the breakfast buffet. Our most recent stay in January 2014 , we were so disappointed... The breakfast buffet has been changed to continental breakfast in the very small cafe which was a huge disappointment. The lady at the counter was rude as she asked to see our Hilton HHonors card (which I don't carry as it is always on file) and instructed me to step aside as she called the front desk to verify my status. Meanwhile, she help others and served the people that were behind us. Also, why charge us the resort fee when the pool area is closed down for the season? And the internet is so slow, unless you are willing to pay the extra $10.00 fee to upgrade the speed. In September 2013, our room in the bungalow area was nice with a nice balcony overlooking the garden and entrance to the pool... However, we had ants traveling over the dresser going for our chocolate chip cookie:(. (Yes, we reported the ants along with the strong odor of cigarette smoke in the non-smoking room. The front desk sprayed some kind of air freshened in the room, however the ants would return if any food was left out. The room at the paradise tower was much nicer with a view of the strip. There were no ants:). Overall, we were disappointed in this hotel because we expect higher standards being a Hilton hotel. We will be looking for another hotel on our next stay in Las Vegas

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple