When the Trop became a doubletree and I first stayed here I gave this property a five star review. Wish I could delete that review, because they now longer treat Hilton diamonds right.
There are places you can stay at that are nicer and cheaper on the strip (I just stay off the strip at the HGVC on Karen now and take the monorail), but stayed here becvause they waived the resort fee and gave a nice full breakfast to Hilton diamonds in the past.
They are no longer waiving the resort fee. The ONLY feature of the resort fee I used was the free wifi which is provided for free to Hilton Gold's and Diamonds at all Hiltons worldwide anyway. The wifi is veyr slow and even as a Diamond, you have to pay to upgrade the speed. It's a wasted $20 extra dollars a day. I am only Platinium with Harrahs and that is due to a credit card and they don't charge me a resort fee there. If Harrah's will waive the Trop shoudl waive theirs for their diamonds seeing we have to spend over 60 nights a year iuni Hilton properties for that status.
The final straw was the breakfast and being told they no longer upgrade diamonds, makes staying there useless at those rates and with a resort fee. They use to give a nice hot buffet in the beach club. Now it's a very poor continental breakfast in the food court and there is a long wait and it's the same place you get your doubletree cookie at.
There are plenty of better places that are cheaper on the strip.
If you don't mind staying just a little off the strip I really recomend the Hilton Grand Vacation Club on Karen. I get treated great there, 2 minute walk to the monorail if you don't have a car or if you do have a car plenty of fee self parking right outside the door and large modern rooms with fast internet and no resort fee. With the savings I experience stayign at the HGVC over the Trop, I save more than enough for a great breakfast every morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. The hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants; including Robert Irvine's Public House which opened in 2017, Oakville Steakhouse a Napa Inspired Steakhouse, and Bacio Italian Cuisine. Other amenities include an award winning pool surrounded by palm trees, lush landscaping and flowing waterfalls, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes David Goldrake Imaginarium, Rich Little, our Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel