David, my husband and I planned on going to Las Vegas to see family and for some R&R for ourselves. David is in remission for Stage IV cancer so we were concerned about all the “germs” that would be in the room. We made reservations at the Tropicana (a DoubleTree/Hilton property). I sent a fax and e-mail to hotel management letting them know that David’s immune system is ok but not great and if there was anything they could do to give some extra cleaning and sanitizing touches to the room. Pete, the Director of Housekeeping called and let me know they would take care of the room and it would be ready for us 1:00 pm on our arrival.
Kimberly check us in and already was aware of our request, including Eric the assistant manager, who helped coordinate our room request. Kimberly told us if there was anything we needed to let them know and it would be taken care of.
As we were going to our room, I introduced ourselves to one of the housekeepers and asked if she had worked on our room. She told me that Rosa, who would be taking care of our room and her supervisor were in the room and were the ones who took care of our room. Later on, we met Rosa, whom we thanked and she let us know if there was anything she could do to let her know.
We decided to spend some time at the pool but David needed shade and I wanted sun. I spoke with a lifeguard named Jason and the pool supervisor Travis. Immediately they secured us two chairs and brought an umbrella over for David. When we were leaving, Travis asked if he could reserve us two lounges for the rest of our visit, which he did.
We have traveled to many places and stayed in many hotels but what a rarity (especially in Las Vegas) to experience such excellence in customer service. Neither one of us expected to be treated with such sincerity and thoughtfulness. The level of sincerity and caring was something seldom encountered in the hotel business. Every time we said thank you for going above and beyond, we were met with a thank you back for being our customer and it’s all part of what our customer service is about. The hotel staff did an exceptional job in responding to our requests that we would not hesitate one moment to stay at the best hotel in Las Vegas, the Tropicana.
The Tropicana recently has had major renovations throughout the hotel. It is on the “4 Corners”...across from MGJ, NYNY and Excalibur, so if you need to head down to the strip you can take the monorail at the MGM. The hotel has a boutiqueish quality to it and it is not a humungous as say the MGM and other strip hotels but because of it’s size you have more personalized service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised. The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. With a unique South Beach vibe after a $200 million complete transformation, the hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants, a new race and sports book, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel