Arriving late at night to Las Vegas, my girlfriend and I spent a night at the Tropicana to rest before heading up north towards Zion and Bryce National Park.
Overall, the Tropicana was a perfectly comfortable place to spend the night with newly refreshed rooms, adequate service, and a good location. Compared to some of the other properties along the strip, neither the amenities, general facilities, or casino stood out as being exceptional but given the price, I was happy to overlook this as I was simply looking for a place to spend the night.
The hotel is a short ten minute drive from the rental car center at McCarren Airport and features complimentary self-parking. The walk from the parking lot to the hotel was longer than expected, but arriving in the lobby I was pleasantly surprised by the south-beach like appearance and general positive upkeep. While there was a long queue to check-in, there was a short priority line for Hilton HHonors guests and it took just a few minutes before we were good to go. We were given a small upgrade to a corner room in the club tower which required crossing the casino floor, walking between the towers, and then heading up to the club rooms ... good for my Fitbit but less so for those with luggage.
The room itself was basic but clean, with several windows looking partially out to the strip but mostly across the parking lot to the nearby Hooters casino. The decor was beach-like, with shutters on the window that made it somewhat difficult to block out all of the light, but overall the room had plenty of space and was comfortable. The only disappointing aspects of the room were the slightly lumpy pillows and the lack of any bottled water in the room (even to purchase).
For those with Hilton Gold or Diamond status, complimentary breakfast is found at the small cafe located near the casino. A small selection of simple breakfast items were available to order although the whole experience of waiting in a long line and ordering off of a limited menu felt a bit tasteless and cheap ... which in many ways summed up the breakfast itself.
Checkout was a miss, with long queues everywhere. An express check-out box was on the wall so I gave it a go, but would have expected a receipt slipped under the door.
All-in-all, the Tropicana is a fine choice if you're looking for an inexpensive place to spend the night that is directly located on the strip. It was nice being able to check-in and take a short walk to see the nearby casinos but compared to the tall modern towers of the Aria, Cosmopolitan, or Wynn, even with a rebranding the Tropicana feels dated and almost out-of-place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. The hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants; including Robert Irvine's Public House which opened in 2017, Oakville Steakhouse a Napa Inspired Steakhouse, and Bacio Italian Cuisine. Other amenities include an award winning pool surrounded by palm trees, lush landscaping and flowing waterfalls, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes David Goldrake Imaginarium, Rich Little, our Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Southall Travel, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel